TITLE: PARENT-COMMUNITY LIAISON
1. Oral and written literacy in English or another language identified by the District.
2. Demonstrated ability to foster positive rapport in schools and family.
3. Able to work flexible hours within a 40-hour work week.
4. Technology skills (word processing, etc.) to support the needs of the position.
5. Such alternative or additional qualifications as the Board may find appropriate
To help the school create a positive school image and provide additional support to
facilitate communication between school, home and community so that students and
families can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resources.
1. Provide additional support for the school by providing assistance in coordinating
parent meetings, workshops, conferences, and parent participation in other school
functions and events.
2. Support parents in communication with school staff and understanding policies
and procedures of the school and District.
3. Establish a network and create a database with local businesses and community
4. Assist in developing student award programs with incentives supported by local
5. Establish programs with local service organizations that will support student’s
achievement and assistance to families.
6. Develop a parent-teacher organization.
7. Serve on the Parent Advisory Committee.
8. Coordinate a Volunteer Program.
9. Schedule and organize a Parent/Community Open House each semester.
10. Plan and implement at least three additional programs to increase parent
involvement with the school.
11. Maintain a school webpage with resources and information for parents.
12. Provide the principal with a weekly activity log of planned activities and
13. Provide information to the faculty and/or give progress reports each month at
faculty meetings, professional learning communities, and/or School Improvement
14. Assist school family specialist/social worker with home visits.
15. Perform other services as directed by the principal that will enhance student
achievement and home/school collaboration for students and their families.
16. Show evidence of the following outcomes:
a. Increased parent involvement in school and/or education of child.
b. Establish community contacts with the school.
c. Establish incentive for the PBIS program.
d. Connect community resources to the school.
e. Establish a pool of volunteers.
1. Knowledge of effective methods of dealing with children/adolescents.
2. Knowledge of established laws, rules and regulations of Buncombe County
3. Knowledge of expected behavior of children: this is basic characteristics of ages
SAFETY OF OTHERS:
1. Some responsibility of the safety of others.
MINIMUM DEGREE LEVEL:
High School or Equivalent
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten month position. Pay Grade Instructional Assistant
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the
School Board Policy on the Evaluation of Non-Classified Personnel.
Valid NC drivers’ license
Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
Ability to use telephone for communication.
Skills with Microsoft Office Programs and email