career management and relocation transition
Consulting Services Department
Research Specialist Job Description
The Research Specialist performs telephone, electronic, and hardcopy research to produce detailed client
reports. Serves as the research expert regarding appropriate sources for locating requested information.
The Research Specialist must continually provide excellent customer service through the production of
consistently accurate, well-written, and timely research reports that deliver substantial value to our clients.
1. Conduct extensive telephone, database, Internet, and hardcopy research. Verify accuracy of research.
Produce word-processed and/or electronic reports and documents for clients according to established
Vandover style and Vandover Way Abstracts.
2. Proofread draft of own reports and submits reports for proofing. Make required adjustments to produce
a final version for consultant and client delivery. Log information in appropriate databases.
3. Consistently meets Threshold metrics for productive time, efficiency, and quality as determined by
4. Answer incoming calls as backup for Receptionist, determine the nature of the call, and direct as
5. Maintain good housekeeping in the immediate work area and all common areas.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Required:
One to two years of work experience is preferred; proper telephone etiquette; strong oral and written
communication skills; professional demeanor; superior research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple project requests in a time-sensitive environment.
Comfortable working both independently and as a team member. Possess sound judgment and good
customer relations skills in dealing with internal co-workers, external clients, and resource companies.
Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Front Page, and the Internet is strongly preferred. Fluency in
another language is desirable.
An associate’s degree is required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Senior Research Specialist
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Melissa VanVickle, CPRW
800.822.7345 toll free