Job Title: Fundraising & Marketing Assistant
Salary: £18,360 pa
of Role: 35 hours per week
Job Title of Line
Manager: Director of Income Resources
To support the Director of Income Resources in the delivery of an integrated Income
Generation Strategy that includes:
Communications & Marketing.
The post holder will support key fundraising and marketing activities whilst providing
general administrative support across the department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To attend and take minutes for a range of meetings including team, board and
2. To research a range of potential supporters including companies, trusts and
individuals at the request of the Director of Income Resources and other fundraisers
in the team.
3. To ensure all donors are thanked in accordance with our fundraising standards and
maintain accurate records via the fundraising database.
4. To support the preparation of marketing materials for campaigns and events working
closely with colleagues across the team.
5. To coordinate mailings using the supporter database to groups, companies and
Page 1 of 3
6. To assist the team in selling events, activities and campaigns to individuals and
corporate supporters via the telephone and in person.
7. To keep effective administrative systems in relation to fundraising activities such as
counter top collecting goblets and bucket collections and monitor levels of stock for
8. To support the team with general promotion of the charity at outside events (which
may include some evening and weekend work).
9. To help with the preparation of copy for fundraising and supporter newsletters and e-
newsletters working closely with colleagues across the team.
10. To provide general administrative support to the Director of Income Resources
including monitoring flexi-time across the team.
The ability to demonstrate experience of:
Previous exposure to a fundraising or marketing x
environment as a team assistant.
Telephone or in person selling. x
Office procedures. x
Writing copy for newsletters or events promotion. x
Skills and Abilities
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal x
with the ability to multi task.
Ability to research, analyse and present information in x
an easy to read format.
High level of interpersonal skills. x
A team player with the ability to build relationships and x
work effectively with staff at all levels.
Ability to demonstrate high standards of integrity, x
confidentiality and reliability.
Ability to analyse problems and present solutions. x
Ability to produce written materials to a high standard, x
for example letters, newsletters, minutes of meetings.
Ability to use own initiative to enable work to be x
progressed efficiently and matters to be dealt with
Page 2 of 3
Ability to prioritise tasks, meet both set and changing x
deadlines and work effectively under pressure whilst
Demonstrable IT skills gained using Microsoft Office. x
Ability to speak Welsh. x
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages. x
Knowledge of the importance of confidentiality and the x
Data Protection Act.
Knowledge of marketing and fundraising techniques. x
Knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge database. x
Member of the Institute of Fundraising/Marketing. x
The post holder will on occasion be required to travel throughout Wales and work some
unsocial hours. These requirements will be planned in advance wherever possible.
This role description is not intended to be exhaustive in every respect, but rather to
define the fundamental purpose and responsibilities for the role. Therefore, this role
does not define any individual role holder.
In addition to the contents of this role description, employees are expected to
undertaken any and all other reasonable and related tasks allocated by line
SIGNED FOR AND ON BEHALF OF AGE Signature:
SIGNED BY ROLE HOLDER Signature:
Final Version – 25 July 2012
Page 3 of 3