Job Title : Quality and Standards Officer
Department : Quality and Standards
Reporting to: Director of Quality and Standards
The following list of duties and responsibilities is not meant to be exclusive. It should be taken
as an indicator of the type and level of activity expected of this post. The list does not represent
either priorities or frequency of tasks and should be regularly updated by the post holder in
consultation with and agreement of their line manager.
1. Assist the Director of Quality and Standards in ensuring that the Annual Course Review
(ACR), Self Assessment Report (SAR) and Quality Improvement Plan documents are
produced in a timely and appropriate way
2. Support Academic staff by populating Curriculum ACRs and SARs with centrally held data
3. Provide Curriculum data reports for use at ACR and SAR reviews.
4. Co-ordination of ACR/SAR Review process, meetings, minutes and actions
5. Co-ordinate and populate the SAR database and produce queries and reports for the
Director of Quality and Standards
6. Support the Director of Quality and Standards by supplying a range of data from central
7. Co-ordinate the post observation action planning, support and development of the OTL
8. Assist the Director of Quality and Standards in the monitoring of effective use of the Pro-
Monitor and E-ILP software
9. In conjunction with the Director of Quality and Standards and Assistant Principal HE and
Land Based Studies, plan and compile the timetable for Board of Examiners and Annual
Course Review meetings, HE Assessment Boards and submission of required Institutional
10. Process all FE and HE submissions for course approval in liaison with college staff,
awarding bodies and HEIs.
11. Support the Director of Quality and Standards in the co-ordination of the various aspects of
the learner involvement strategy including co-ordination of various stakeholders’ satisfaction
12. Keep up to date documentation in relation to all course approvals.
13. Act as Clerk for the Quality Improvement Committee, Equality and Diversity Committee, FE
and HE Board of Studies and any other committees and to ensure that the Quality and Data
Timeline is mapped against the agenda of each of these committees.
14. To maintain up to date terms of reference and membership of all college committees
15. Construct and coordinate the annual diary of meetings.
16. Ensure the collection and monitoring of key curriculum documentation required for the
annual self assessment process
17. Assist with the data cleansing process using DSAT, Score and other systems
18. Perform such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post
and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people
and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff therefore have a
responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable
adults in accordance with the nature of this post. A CRB check is carried out for all
NOTE: These job details are current at the date shown. In consultation with you, they are liable
to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.
Quality and Standards Officer
Essential Desirable How Identified
At least two years FE/HE Course Application
Experience within a similar Administration
GCSE in Maths and NVQ 3 or above in Application
Qualification/ English Business
Special Child Protection FE/HE funding and
Knowledge Issues learner data
Skills Computer literate Application
Able to form and
with young people
Disposition Good Interview
Communicator Emotional resilience in
Team Member working with
Works well under challenging behaviours
pressure and appropriate
Motivation to work attitudes to use of
with children and authority and
young people maintaining discipline
Other Fit for the duties of Medical Report
CRB check carried CRB application
out on appointment made by College