Name & Address :- Suvendu Panda
1242/5, Govind Prasad, Anand Nagar,
Bomikhal, Bhubaneswar -10. Ph. – ® 0674 – 2587572
Mobile – 9861134862, 9437256345, Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Skill Summary :-
More than twenty years of experience in installation, commissioning, operation & maintenance of LT & HT electrical
systems, HT & LT switchgear panels, automation panels, Switch gear, Protection relays, VVVF drives & DC drives,
PLC set ups, interlocking of drives, optimizing of power system. Data logging and power quality analysis.
Expertise in Critical power quality/reliability management, Energy management & conservation measures,
Operation & maintenance management, People management & project management.
Brief Overview :
● Strong experience in dealing and managing all aspects in electrical power systems, installation, operation &
maintenance management covering all aspects of time, cost resource and quality measure.
● Expertise in electrical power quality analysis, automation, HT & LT switchgear maintenance.
●Conversant with Energy Conservation Act – 2001, Electricity Act- 2003, State Electricity Commission Code and Rules
● Exercise analytical & conceptual communication skills with effective presentations.
●Interact with vendors for service/procurement to meet the requirements in engineering field.
●Planning and implementing energy efficient methods and reliability measure.
● A good team builder with good experience in leadership roles, adapt to changes, having positive attitude and
willingness to learn, ability to imbibe new technologies, complemented by excellent analytical skills.
Education & Certification :-
Sl.No. Academic Qualification Board / University Division Year
1. HSC Board of Secondary Education 1 class 1983
2. Diploma in Electrical State Council of Technical Education 1 class 1987
Engineering And Training, Orissa
3. Post Diploma in Television - do - 1 class 1988
Transmission Engineering (Hons.)
4. Supervisor Certificate of Electrical Licensing Board of Orissa - 1993
Competency ( HT )
5. Certified Energy Manager Bureau of Energy Efficiency - 2007
Govt. Of India.
6. Bachelor of Business Utkal University, Bhubaneswar 1 class 2008
Perusing MBA under ICFAI University under distance education mode.
● Total Quality Management Programme from Modi Business House in the year – 1989.
● Undergone training courses in installation, maintenance and programming of process control automation, power
measurement & analysis and field testing equipments , from M/s Neutronics Mfg. Co. , Mumbai , M/s Trinity
Engineering , Baroda , M/s Waree Instruments , Vapi in the year – 2001.
● Advance automation course in PLCs, SCADA , HMI and AC & DC drives from ABB product Training Center (TAACT
– Teknocrat’s Academy of Automation & Control Technology , Nashik) in the year – 2004 .
● Undergone troubleshooting and complete maintenance of Circuit breakers up to 3200Amp, protection relays & AMF
panels from M/s Controls & Switchgear Company Ltd. at their plants located in Noida in the year – 2005.
Organization (5) : National Productivity Council, Regional Office, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
Tenure : July 2009 onwards
Designation : Project Consultant (Energy)
Job Profile :-
1. Carry out energy audits at different plants, commercial & official establishments meeting BEE (Bureau
of Energy Efficiency, Govt. Of India) requirements.
2. Follow up with SDA (State Designated Agency) for project submissions, technical discussions and
closing various projects.
3. Preparation of detail energy audit report with projection of investment return ratio, payback period etc.
4. Organize, conduct & implement various energy conservation programs in Orissa State.
Completed investment grade energy audits at IDCO Tower building, Heads of Department Building, Rajeev Bhawan
Building, OPTCL/GRIDCO head quarter and OMFED plant. Organized State level workshop in energy conservation .
Organization (4) : KIIT, University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
Tenure : February 2006 to June 2009.
Designation : Manager (Electrical).
1. Managing Electrical Power System installations and resources complying to standard : Planning and
execution of electrical installations of new campuses & buildings .
2. Managing critical electrical applications like laboratories, training centers high end data center and
important functions and events.
3. Managing power system and utmost utilization of electrical power infrastructure.
4. Managing Electrical maintenance work & preventive measures: Manage the maintenance team of 28
electricians and 4 helpers for day to day operation & maintenance work.
5. Training & Knowledge sharing: Enhance operation knowledge of staff members for various lab equipments
and systems , training of electricians for newly installed D.G. sets, switchgear panels, lifts, U.P.S. systems and
lab equipments. Budget planning for energy bills, new installations, maintenance cost and man power planning
for new campuses.
6. Energy Conservation Measures: Implementation of energy efficient gadgets, along with cost analysis for
new installations, renovation with new energy efficient products, organize awareness programme of energy
7. Emergency Preparedness: Study and provide stand by circuits for meeting emergency such as time bound
events, break downs and occasions where additional short term power demand is required, Maintaining
emergency spares, Training to meet any emergency of hospitals, hostels and residential schools, fast recovery
process during break down.
Managed and supervised selection of 20KVA, 70KVA, 200KVA,250KVA & 320KVA, 750KVA different make DG
sets, interaction with vendors , installation and commissioning work , obtaining permission from Energy Dept.
Managed and supervised Installation, commissioning of 33KV/11KV 2 X 3 MVA substation.
Erection and commissioning of 22 meters high mast lights 16 nos. including relocation of high mast lights.
Selected towards procurement of 10 nos. APFC panels including installation and commissioning work.
Managed and supervised conversion of old out dated out-door substation panel with 11KV VCB panels.
Managed and supervised installation of new 11 / .415 KV sub stations, laying of cables, internal electrification to
operation theaters , equipment rooms , air conditioning systems , lifts and out-door lighting of 300 beded hospital .
Managed and supervised installation of new 75 nos. long lasting maintenance free chemical earthing systems.
Managed and supervised selection of place and type of device, installation of 05nos. of advanced lightening
arrestors with 10 nos. dedicated earthing pits to protect building, communication system & equipments.
Assisted air-conditioner maintenance people to study energy consumption, thermal leak, temperature setting and
suitable arrangement for energy conservation and improve performance & reliability.
Managed and supervised including design of electrical machine lab set up , power electronics and drive
laboratory of electrical engineering department for B-tech & M-tech students.
Designed PLC and AC drive trainer for electrical engineering project laboratory.
Developed and implemented monthly maintenance schedule for substations, DG sets, U.P.S. systems, battery
banks, switchgear and other electrical equipments.
Assisted to prepare layout for newly established central work shop, including power supply arrangement.
Managed and supervised installation and commissioning of air-conditioning, lighting and sound system of newly
established auditoriums (500 Capacity and 1500 Capacity).
Organization: Instruments & Control, Bhubaneswar
Tenure: June 1996 to February 2006
Designation: Manager (Technical)
●Large Electrical & Control system installations: Managed an installation team for erection, testing &
commissioning of HT & LT electrical control panels, laying and terminations of cables, planning of electrical lay out of
large and medium industries, Installation of substations and standby power source.
●Product Knowledge and Application: Lead a team for demonstration of various control and measuring equipments
in industries, institutions and commercial establishments, assist team to understand client requirements, applications,
selection of products, advantages & disadvantages of products.
●Technical Seminars: Organize and managed various technical seminars for products, services and solutions of
process control equipments, test & measuring instruments, power control systems and energy conservation systems.
●Energy auditing and Conservation: Assisted, Coordinated energy auditing team of Govt. of India to carry out
energy consumption analysis in different industries, hotels and commercial establishments.
●Automation: Designed, supervised automation of food processing industries, stone polishing plants and water
pumping arrangements of railway stations, dewatering of HVDC power stations, Managed conversion of traditional set
ups to automated plant with simplified operation and maintenance arrangements.
● Drawing & Estimation of electrical installation: Preparation of electrical drawings, electrical materials estimation,
costing and site management for new installations and works.
●Independently handled installation, commissioning of PCC, MCC, PDB panels including laying & termination of power
& control cables of blast furnace unit, pump house, sinter plant, coke oven plant, captive power plant. Commissioning
of 02nos. 66/6.6KV 10MVA power transformers, circuit breakers and control relay panels of Main Receiving Station
of MESCO STEELS LTD., Jajpur Road.
●Planned, Supervised installation and commissioning work of electrical equipments of coal handling plant of
NAVBHARAT FERRO ALLOYS LTD. (steel plant) with shortest period.
●Managed installation, testing and commissioning of testing benches of different transformer manufacturing units of
●Managed fabrication, assembling & installation of 750KVAR microprocessor based automatic power factor control
panel with harmonic filter for high frequency induction furnace.
●Planned, designed and managed conversion of manual operation of D.G. sets in to AMF systems up to 1500KVA
including automation of 02nos. D.G. sets with mains power for MSC of Reliance Telecom Ltd.
●Managed conversion of steam system of food processing plant in to diesel fired start and electric heater run system
to save diesel and optimize power system (D.G. power system) .
●Planned, supervised conversion of manual mineral water bottling plant to automated with higher production capacity.
Organization (2): Prudent Engineering Equipments, Bhubaneswar
Tenure: November 1989 to May 1996
Designation: Sr. Engineer
● Assist sales team towards sales & service for various test & measuring equipments for educational institutes, R & D
labs, industries, mines and commercial establishments.
●Prepare offers and communicate to principal as well to clients regarding various matters.
●Arrange demonstrations, product display at various places to bring awareness of new technologies and products.
●Installed & commissioned 05nos. advance universal electrical machine trainers at polytechnics under world bank
●Planned, assisted conversion of unregulated old type DC power supply system in to regulated DC power supply
system for electrical engineering machine lab. With digital metering arrangement and foolproof protections.
Organization (1) : MODI XEROX LTD.
Tenure : May 1988 to October 1989
Designation : Customer Service Engineer
● To provide service support for photo copiers, plan printers, fax machines located in Orissa State.
●To prepare feed-back report for newly launched photo copiers, plan printers and fax machines.
●To train operators and users towards operation, minor maintenance of different machines.