1.01 DMX ETHERNET NODE
1. The Electronic Theatre Controls ETCNet2 DMX Node shall be available in one of
three configurations: wall mount, rack mount/table top or touring. The DMX Node
shall provide a variety of interfaces remote from any ETCNet2 console or
2. Connections shall be made between DMX Nodes, consoles, architectural
systems, and PCs over standard Ethernet distribution systems using
10/100BaseTand/or 10/100BaseFL. Each DMX Node shall be equipped with
power and network OK LEDs, and DMX port configuration/status LEDs. Units
that do not indicate port configuration (input/output) and valid DMX/EDMX data
shall not be allowed.
3. The unit shall be UL & cUL listed and CE marked.
1. Wall Mount Node
a. The Wall Mount Node electronics will be mounted on a 8” W x 4” D x 8”H
faceplate, finished with a stylized black graphic layer. The front panel shall
have the Electronic Theatre Controls Logo and clearly labeled port and
b. The weight of the node shall be 2.2 lb.
c. The node shall fit in a Hoffman #A-SG8X8X4 back box and shall be
provided with a bezel for flush mount installation.
2. Rack Mount/Portable Node
a. The Rack Mount/Portable Node will be fabricated of .16 gauge steel,
finished in fine-texture, scratch-resistant, black powder coat. Dimensions
shall be 17” W x 12.5” D x 1.8”H .The front panel shall have the Electronic
Theatre Controls Logo and clearly labeled port and indicator information.
b. The weight of the node shall be 8 lbs.
c. The node shall be available with front or rear mounted XLR connectors. It
shall be provided with rack mount hardware.
d. The node shall incorporate an external universal 100-120v / 220-240v
3. Touring Node
a. The Touring Node electronics will be mounted on an 8” W x 8”H faceplate,
secured to a 4” deep box, finished with a stylized black graphic layer. The
front panel shall have the Electronic Theatre Controls Logo and clearly
labeled port and indicator information.
b. The weight of the node shall be 12 lbs.
c. The node shall include a yoke with 3 mounting holes for pipe mount
devices: standard c-clamps or truss clamps.
d. The node shall incorporate an internal universal 100-120v / 220-240v
power supply. The unit shall be provided with a 6' power cord.
4. Each DMX Node shall have LEDs for indication of power, network activity, and
DMX port configuration. Those LEDs used for DMX port configuration indication
shall also indicate the presence of valid DMX/EDMX signal.
5. Each DMX Node shall contain at a minimum connection for four DMX universes,
power, and Ethernet. The DMX Node shall also be available with connectors for
Remote Focus Unit and ETCLink. Standard configurations shall include 3 DMX
out/1 in, 4 DMX out, and 4 DMX in, each available with RFU/Link options.
Custom configuration shall also be available. Devices that do not provide for 4
universes of DMX, Remote focus capability and dimmer monitoring shall not be
6. Each XLR type connector on the Wall Mount DMX Node shall offer a secondary
connection via multipin header found on the PCB of the node. These headers
shall allow termination of standard wire runs (i.e. Belden 9729) for the purpose of
remoting data connections from the processor electronics.
7. ETCNet2 DMX Node shall have the following connectors:
a. USITT DMX512/1990 (x4)
c. Remote Focus Unit - Option
d. ETCLink (Sensor dimmer feedback) - Option
1. The node processor shall be an Intel i960.
2. Configuration of the DMX Node is stored in non-volatile memory.
D. Operational Features
1. Each DMX Node shall control up to 2048 DMX addresses, within the confines of
up to 64 DMX (32,767 EDMX address) “universes”. The specific DMX data input
or output by the Node shall be freely configurable by the user. Duplicate outputs
of DMX lines (DMX splitter) and discrete outputs shall be fully supported.
2. Any number of DMX universes may be configured with any length up to 512
addresses as long as the total does not exceed 32,767. Any range of DMX
addresses may be selected for each. Multiple sources may be combined and a
priority may be assigned to each source. Each DMX line may have its own start
address and offset for ease of use.
3. DMX ports shall be configurable for either input or output. Multiple DMX signal
routing patches and multiple facilities shall be specifically supported and limited
only by the file storage capacity of the computer with ETC Network Configuration
Editor software installed.
4. It shall be possible to employ 4 universes of DMX, Remote focus, and dimmer
5. Each DMX node shall be capable of simultaneously monitoring up to 32 separate
1. The ambient operating temperature shall be 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F).
2. The storage temperature shall be -40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F).
3. The operating humidity shall be 5% - 95% non-condensing.
1. ETC Network Configuration Editor
2. ETC Remote Focus Unit
3. Rack mount remote power supply
4. Ethernet UTP termination kit
5. Header kit for termination of RFU, ETCLink and DMX lines directly to CPU PCB