System Administration Chapter 15 Quiz
1. What level of RAID uses disk striping with a parity bit to protect stored data?
a. RAID 0
b. RAID 1
c. RAID 3
d. RAID 5
2. You are designing a backup strategy for a medium-sized network. One of the
requirements (beyond data fault tolerance) is a simple restore process should the
data be damaged. What strategy would you recommend?
a. Do an incremental backup every day.
b. Do full backup on Friday.
c. Do a full backup on Friday and an incremental backup Monday through
d. Do a full backup on Friday and a differential backup Monday through
3. How many hard drives are needed for RAID level 1?
4. The backup strategy for your company is to do a full backup on Friday and
differential backups Monday through Thursday. What data will be recorded on
tape during the differential backups?
a. data that changed since yesterday
b. any new data from the day of the differential backup
c. all data
d. data that changed since the last full backup
5. Which of the following is not part of a disaster recovery plan?
a. network diagram
b. software and hardware inventory
c. a picture of the servers
d. change log files
6. Surge protectors will protect against all power problems on the network and are
the only protection needed by the servers.
7. You have two hard drives and two disk controllers installed in your server. What
RAID level and type have you provided for disk fault tolerance?
a. RAID 0, mirroring
b. RAID 0, duplexing
c. RAID 1, mirroring
d. RAID 1, duplexing
8. What one step can you take to add longevity to the tapes used for backup?
a. Rotate the tapes.
b. Clean the tape drive once a week.
c. Back up only on Fridays.
d. Pre-stretch the tapes before using them.
9. You have installed a UPS on your network server. The power goes out. The users
complain because they are disconnected from the server. What type of UPS have
you attached to your server?
10. Network Attached Storage (NAS) requires that you use only NTFS as a file
system because that is the only file system NAS can work with.