Worship & Praise
Bible Study 10/11/06
What is Worship
• Worship is my complete obedience to
everything God says in every way
• Worship is:
– Aligning ourselves with God’s will
– The act of reverencing or honoring God
– The celebration of God’s supreme worth
What are the benefits I receive
when I worship?
• I am redeemed!
• I am refreshed!
• I can hear God’s voice!
• Greater, deeper communion!
• A closer walk with God!
• I have a clean heart!
• I have God’s mind, focus, direction &
My Birthrights are realized through
• Confidence • Belief
• Courage • Faith
• Hope • Trust
What will hinder my worship?
• Disobedience • Religious
• Pride Mindset
• Rebellion • Unresolved
• Ungrateful Issues
Heart • Unhealed
• My view of
Through Worship, I can: See, Hear, Change!
• Read Isaiah 6:1-8
– See God exalted above all else in my life
– The lesser thing dies; the greater thing lives
– See myself in my present state transformed to
my rightful place
– Become conscious of those around me
– Be awakened in my spirit through what I see
– Hear the voice of God
• Through Worship, I can see myself as God see
Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-
controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be
given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As
obedient children, do not conform to the evil
desires you had when you lived in ignorance.
But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy
in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I
am holy." (1 Peter 1:13-16)
• Through Worship, I can:
– Be redeemed (Psalms 107:2)
– Have all my needs met (Phil 4:19)
– Be set apart (I Thes 5:23)
– Worship God in spirit & truth (John 4:24)