America – is a nation of risk-takers.
• Most Americans are descendants of
immigrants who left the known of the Old
World for the unknown of the New.
They were the first
• The pioneers who lived on the frontier had a
hard life, so they had to be tough and self-
• The frontiersmen had to overcome many
difficulties. They shared food, build each
other’s houses, fought fires. This willingness to
help led to another American traits –
friendliness and hospitality.
• The British rarely have severe winter frosts,
they don’t suffer from heat, drought and
flooding. So they have excellent roads in
The climate is ideal for
growing flowers and
Love of compromise
• Весаuse of the fact that the land and climate
in Britain don’t have extremes the British is
the nation that love compromises.
Russia is a vast country. So everything
Russians do, they do on a grand scale.
• Russians think of themselves as members of
the community. The origin of the Russian
communalism lies deep in the vastness of the
Great Russian Plain.
• Russian have long winters and short periods
when there is so much to do. This explain why
Russians are inactive for long periods and then
show bursts of energy.
• The cruel climate, harsh history and
skeptical outlook on life made
Russians value stability, security and
to avoid risk.