RESIDENCE PERMIT 11-12 by cuiliqing


									                                       RESIDENCE PERMIT

International exchange students who do not hold Turkish citizenship have to apply for a Residence Permit
within one month of arrival to Turkey.

In order to get a Residence Permit, you need to have a STUDENT VISA issued by the Turkish Consulate
in your home country. If you have only a Tourist Visa, you cannot apply for the Residence Permit. You
have to leave Turkey after 3 months of arrival and reenter with a second Tourist Visa.

If you will apply for the Residence Permit:

You need to apply to the Foreigners Office at the Istanbul Police Headquarters. You must make an
ONLINE appointment for your application.

Please follow the link below to make your online appointment:

For your online appointment date, please try to select morning hours. You must then inform the Erasmus
Office of your appointment date and time by e-mail. The address of the Foreigners Department is:
İstanbul Emniyet Müdürlüğü/Yabancılar Şubesi, Vatan Caddesi, A Blok Kat 1, Fatih. Aksaray
metro durağı (Closest metro stop: Aksaray).

You will bring the following documents to the Police Headquarters:

- 4 passport size photos
- Your passport
- Photocopies of the following pages of your passport: the page bearing your photo, the page stamped
at your last entry, the page where the validity and expiry dates are marked
- 179 TL
- Student Certificate (to be taken from Student Affairs Office)

The Police will issue a booklet that is your Residence Permit within 5-10 work days. You will not have
your passport in this period and cannot leave Turkey. For this reason please make a copy of your passport
before you submit your residence permit application.

Please be also informed that, you will pick up your passport and Residence Permit by yourself from the
Police Headquarters. If you do not pick it up in a month, then it will be cancelled due to expired date.

        (The date of appointment arranged through the E-Appointment system is
  considered as the application date; and the person will be considered to have
 applied even when visa period or residence permit period terminates before the
                                appointment date.)

For safety and security reasons please leave a copy of your residence permit and a photocopy of your
passport to the Student Affairs Office.

                           TO RENEW YOUR RESIDENCE PERMIT

Residence extension procedures are handled by Foreigners Office of the District Police
Department of the county at which you reside. Remember to take an appointment.
List of District Police Departments:

To top