Novi, Michigan 48375
Cell: (734)277-3374 : firstname.lastname@example.org
Detail-oriented purchasing professional with extensive marketing experience in retail industry of over twenty years.
Excellent negotiation and communication skills. Recognized for analytical abilities and attention to detail. A professional
attitude with sound judgment skills.
Summary of Skills
• Negotiation skills • Vendor sourcing/negotiations
• Strategic planning • Management collaboration.
• Market research/analysis • Inventory analysis/control
• Product analysis/management • Sales analysis
• Supply chain management • Category management and merchandising
Sales and Marketing
• Increased sales in managed categories from $72 - $112 million over five year period for average annual
increase of 11%.
• Developed and implemented programs in beverage category resulting in 10.8% increase in sales
exceeding overall front store sales of 2.4%.
• Planned and executed all efforts surrounding ad activity within managed categories as stimulus in
increasing customer count and sales.
Sales Analysis and Reporting
• Prepared and presented detailed sales reports and made recommendations to upper management.
• Initiated and played key role in Michigan marketing initiative with high-level management in establishing
advertising and promotional strategies reversing negative sales trends after takeover.
• Teamed with corporate, warehouse, and field operations in implementing solutions that improved
distribution of product for ads in the Michigan market.
• Led market launch of numerous lines of private label products within managed categories. Identified
opportunities, researched new product potential, and made decisions regarding manufacturers.
• Assisted in development and implementation of automatic purchasing system improving inventory control and
out of stocks.
• Played major part in development of customized distribution system resulting in maximizing sales while
simultaneously increasing sell-through percentages.
Communication and Presentations
• Responsible for presenting corporately driven programs to Area, Regional, and District Managers in
Michigan market and following up in regards to execution at store level.
• Present any local programs or promotional activities to field as well and communicate them to store
managers to ensure proper execution.
March 2008 to June 2012
St. Maurice Catholic Church – Livonia, Mi.
• Solicited, negotiated, coordinated and monitored all outside contractors for large repairs when required.
• Provided analysis and cost controls related to all maintenance activity.
• Completed numerous renovation projects.
• Performed a variety of duties involved in day-day general/preventative maintenance of buildings and
June 2002 to February 2006
Briden Building – Livonia, Mi
• Assisted licensed residential builder who specialized in home renovations, designer kitchens/bathrooms,
basements, and decks.
• Assisted in management of daily activities and operations.
• Responsible for wide variety of duties including, carpentry, electrical repair, installation, painting/staining.
• Kept owner informed of job progress and material requirements
Field Marketing Manager
November 1998 to November 2001
CVS/pharmacy (Regional Office) – Livonia, Mi.
• Managed all outside vendor activity in Michigan market including the development of all advertising and
promotional activity, category management, and retail pricing for vendors and their related products.
• Responsible for categories accounting for approximately $120 million in sales at the time.
• Snack category sales in Michigan market exceeded CVS national average/store by more than three times.
• Sales increase in snack category of 8.4% exceeded the national average.
• Generated increase in sales of 18% ($3.3 million) within dairy category over two year period following
• Teamed with corporate, field operations, and stores in implementation of new scanning system for
checking in outside vendor orders.
• Successfully managed vendor participation and execution in reset process of 200+ stores in Michigan
market to CVS format.
August 1982 to November 1998
Arbor Drugs (Corporate Headquarters) – Troy, Mi.
• Managed a purchasing staff and administrative assistant responsible for purchasing, inventory control,
promotional activity, and category management in a number of diverse consumer product categories.
• Overall sales within these categories totaled approximately $112 million.
• Produced sales that accounted for nearly 26% of total front store sales contributing to average sales/store that
far exceeded industry norm.
• Planned and executed all efforts surrounding all ad activity within these categories as a stimulus to
increase sales and customer count which contributed to 42% share of the market market.
• Analyzed performance of categories annually to monitor sales in effort to maximize volume and profits.
• Teamed with merchandising department in category management responsibilities contributing to a
sales/sq. ft. figure that exceeded the industry average by almost 30%.
• Developed strong business relationships with brokers, vendors, and manufacturers to drive business
Wayne State University 1981
Henry Ford Community College 1979