IT Administrator – 10 month
maternity cover contract
Job title: IT Administrator
Place of work: 47-49 Durham Street, London, SE11 5JD
Reports to: Head of IT & Systems
This role sits within the IT department in London which is responsible for leading on the
provision of IT throughout the organisation. The team aims to ensure the organisation
has robust and effective IT and systems to enable staff to be able to undertake their
work and achieve the objectives of the organisation.
To supply administrative support, ensuring IT contracts and services are administered in
a timely and efficient manner.
1. Manage key supplier relationships and ensure value for money in procurement
and contract engagement.
2. Implement and maintain a system for monitoring procurement and rolling
replacement of IT assets in line with IT policies.
3. Reconcile the departmental expenditure against budget highlighting variances to
departmental budget holders.
4. Manage the mobile phone account including inducting new users, reviewing use,
monthly billing, reviewing tariffs, liaising with provider etc.
5. Produce and input IT & Systems updates for the WaterAid intranet
6. Provide administrative support for IT projects as part of project team
7. Coordinate changes and updates for Country programme
8. Support IT officers based in Country Programme in liaising with UK suppliers for
quotes and purchases.
Page 2 of 6
9. Ensure IT follows WaterAid procurement policy as defined by Finance.
10. Coordinate and plan for IT events or international visits.
11. Support The People and Organizational development team in online learning
12. Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as reasonably required.
Page 3 of 6
GCSE’s in English and Mathematics
Well organised with an ability to juggle multiple priorities
Experience of setting up and working with administration systems
Good IT skills in MS Office; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint;
knowledge and experience of databases
Excellent verbal communication skills with an ability to forge effective working
relationships cross organisation and with suppliers
Demonstrable interest in information and communication technology
Commitment to personal learning and development in pursuit of own objectives,
those of the team and those of the organisation
A team player, able to work in a collaborative way
Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these
Proficiency in French and/or Portuguese
Interest in international development
Page 4 of 6
Abbreviated Terms & Conditions
Salary Starting from £18,415 per annum
Location WaterAid, 47 - 49 Durham Street, London, SE11 5JD
Working Hours Full time (minimum 35 hours per week). Core office hours are
between 10.00am and 4.00pm
Annual Leave 25 days per year. This increases to 27 after four years’ service.
Plus UK public holidays
Contract Period The post is offered on a fixed term 10 month maternity cover
Probation The appointment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a six
month probationary period
Benefits Group Personal Pension Scheme with following contribution rates:
Employee’s Contribution E Employer’s Contribution
There is an option for pension contributions to be made through a
salary sacrifice arrangement
Interest free season ticket loan, available on completion of
Employee Assistance Programme with access to 24 hour free and
Child Care Voucher and Bike Salary Sacrifice schemes
Page 5 of 6
Closing date: 5th August 2012
Interviews: 10th August 2012
To apply, please send us the following:
1. A covering letter of no more than two A4 pages setting out why you are applying,
how your skills and experience demonstrate that you meet the person
specification requirements, and what you would bring to WaterAid.
2. A copy of your current CV
3. The names, positions and contact details of at least two referees, including your
current or most recent employer. No contact will be made with any referee in
advance of an offer being made, without your prior approval.
4. The completed equal opportunities monitoring form.
5. WaterAid is committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of
backgrounds, culture and experience, and is signed up to the Positive About
Disabled People scheme. We will make any practical reasonable adjustments to
enable disabled people to participate fully in an inclusive working environment.
Please let us know if you are disabled and need any assistance in making your
application. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements, should
you be selected for interview.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject heading
Page 6 of 6