LANCE E. DERRY
Lakeside Park, KY 41017 • 859 426-0978 • firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/lancederry
Results-driven Professional with over 16 years experience and a proven record of achievements in pharmaceutical
sales, medical device sales, and customer relations. Exceptional work ethic with specialized expertise in diverse
healthcare markets, including cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory, plastic surgery, dermatology and prenatal care.
Operating room experienced with over 6,000 Cosmetic and Surgical cases completed consulting Physicians technique.
National and numerous regional awards winner for outstanding sales performance. Skilled in exceeding aggressive
objectives using persuasive selling skills and relationship building underscores expertise in engaging decision makers
and devising successful business development strategies. Possess superior combination of assertiveness, client
management, and communication skills that consistently contribute to portfolio growth in declining markets and a
challenging managed care environment
Novartis Pharmaceuticals 2001 - 2012
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis Group employs 100,000, $50.6 billion in revenues and operates 140+
countries. Leader in: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Diagnostics, Generics, and Consumer Health.
Executive Sales Consultant (2010 – 2012)
Senior Sales Consultant (2006– 2010)
Sales Consultant (2001 – 2006)
Coordinated, developed and managed comprehensive sales and marketing strategies, increasing market share.
Products: Diovan/HCT, Exforge/HCT, Tekturna Family, Starlix and Famvir. Targeted medical specialties included
Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology and Resident students. Territory
included NKY and SE Indiana with 260+ providers. Large groups St Elizabeth Physicians, HealthPoint.
Maximized and increased sales by asking for the business, establishing and leveraging relationships,
presenting product information, and responding to customer needs.
Achieved quarterly and annual sales goals in challenging environments. Developed and executed business
plans, adapting to changing market, initiatives and pull-through needs.
Planned and orchestrated 100+ peer to peer speaker led educational programs. Thought leaders shared best
practices with physicians, providing deeper product knowledge and potential patient benefits. Programs
fostered scientific Q&A and dialogue on specific patient population.
Targeted specific doctors, focused message and delivered tailored message with appropriate frequency.
Utilized resources effectively - budget, territory management, marketing tools and samples, consistently
increasing market share and total prescriptions.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Two-time Individual National Sales Award Winner for the cardiovascular portfolio franchise of products. GM
Award (2009), Sales Leadership Team Award (2008)
- Successful LAUNCH of Exforge, Exforge HCT, Valturna, TekAmlo and Amturnide
- Awarded top prize for launch of Tekamlo for completing in the top 10% out of twelve states of Midwest
Operating Unit (2011)
- Exforge HCT Launch Winner for Phase 1 and Phase II. Phase 1 ranked #2 in Region and Phase II ranked #2
in Operating Unit (2009)
- #1 in OU for Exforge HCT patient starter kit redemptions, promotional launch (2009)
- “Start-to-Finish” award by securing over 100% of goal on all Cardiovascular products during a company
- Ranked #2 in Midwest Operating Unit for the launch of Exforge HCT (2009)
- “Capture Cozaar” Winner for converting Cozaar scripts to Diovan (2009)
- “Low-Hanging Fruit” Winner for converting non formulary competitor drugs to Novartis formulary preferred
- “Cardiovascular Growth Challenge” Winner (2006)
- RAM Award for Diovan pull through on formulary (2005)
- District of the Year (2005, 2006) National Award Member
- “Triple Crown Champion” for highest market share growth on all 3 products over 3 trimesters (2003)
LANCE E. DERRY Page 2
- “Player of the Month” Sept/Oct/Nov, over 100% of Starlix monthly goals (2002)
- “Player of the Trimester” for achieving over 100% of Starlix trimester goal (2002)
- Field Trainer 2006/07
- Superior Results or Superior Behaviors, Performance Evaluations 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Rank 23/582 (Top 3%) January 2012
CTEX Pharmaceuticals (ANDRX Laboratories) 1998 - 2001
Privately held company engaged in formulation and commercialization of oral controlled-release pharmaceuticals.
With 150 reps, product line included brand name cough and cold medications and prenatal vitamins. CTEX was sold
to ANDRX Laboratories in 2001.
Created a new territory through detailing Family Practitioners, Internal Medicine physicians, Pediatricians, ENT's,
Allergist and OB/GYN's plus stocking 9 new upper respiratory drugs and prenatal vitamins in over 300 pharmacies.
Territory included Cincinnati, Southeast Indiana, and Northern KY.
Successfully launched 9 new products despite exclusion from 98%+ managed care formularies and
Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement plans.
o Cold called 20+ pharmacies daily, negotiating with pharmacists for stocking, and offering a money
back guarantee to pharmacists.
o Generated buy-in for pharmacies thus forcing major wholesalers (Cardinal, McKesson) to stock.
o Deliver impactful presentations to specialists in territory outlining products, features and benefits.
Consistently ranked as top 5 producer (out of 30) representatives in a generic/OTC dominated marketplace.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- "Rep of the Month" National award (2001)
- "Most Improved Territory" National award (1999)
Medical Alliance, Inc. 1996 – 1998
Largest medical device provider of mobile surgical services. Company pioneered office-based access to state-of-the-
art LASER technology, to gynecology, urology, plastic surgery and dermatology. Physicians established full service
temporary surgical sites without capital expense and risk. Medical Alliance was sold to ICN Pharmaceuticals in 2000.
Aesthetic Sales Manager (1997 – 1998)
Hospital Transfer Specialist (1996 – 1997)
Conducted Buy-and Bill prospecting on multiple specialties selling surgical and cosmetic mobile laser in-office surgical
suites within a territory encompassing Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and southern Michigan.
Performed over 6000 cosmetic and surgical cases while consulting surgical technique with Physicians in their
offices and hospitals.
Educated and In-serviced physicians and staff on procedure applications to expand business.
Managed and developed two Account Representatives - became top performers, mentored on product
knowledge, territory knowledge and sales techniques.
Accomplished 86% growth in total case volume over previous year versus national 16% growth rate in
designated laser specialty. (1997)
Increased other aesthetic laser case volume 36% through uncovering customer needs and cross selling.
Generated largest case volume increase in new physician users and revenue collections.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- #1 in National sales contest for most competitors’ doctors converted. (1997)
- "Extra Mile" award for broadening territory to increase revenue. (1997)
Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY