Is Marketing ‘just Advertising’?
- Meeting unmet needs (Whatever they are!)
- Product, Price, Place, Promotional
- forever ongoing!
- How do we do this? We start by studying:
people! Dr. KS 1/26/07
(activities to inform, persuade, and remind)
2. Personal Selling
3. Sales Promotion
4. Public Relations
1. Advertising: next slide: Include Endorsements
2. Personal Sales: Sales presentations, sales meetings, sales
training and incentive programs for intermediary
salespeople, samples, and telemarketing. Face-to-face or via
3. Sales Promotion: Coupons, sweepstakes, contests, product
samples, rebates, tie-ins, trade shows, and exhibitions.
4. PR: Newspaper and mag articles/reports, TV and radio
presentations, charitable contributions, speeches, and
5. Sponsorships: an organization makes a Donation ($, time,
products) and in return for a positive association with a
company or event.
• ONE DIRECTIONAL form of
communication of a persuasive message
delivered by an identified sponsor; to its
existing and potential customers.
•Pay per Click
•Pay per Sale
“ A person’s public
support for a
• When an organization makes a
Donation ($, time, products) and in
return for a positive association with
a company or event.
… they all sound the
same to me?