Our 8 Planets Website Sunshine State
Q&A and Activity Credits
Our 8 Planets
• Planet closest to the sun
• Eighth Largest
• Named after God of Commerce, Travel,
• Second Planet from Sun
• Sixth Largest
• Named after Goddess of Beauty and Love
• Third Planet from the Sun
• Fifth Largest
• Not named after any God, named after
• Fourth Planet from the Sun
• Seventh Largest
• Named after the God of War.
• Fifth Planet from the Sun
• Named after the King of Gods
• Sixth Planet from the Sun
• Second Largest
• Named after the God of Agriculture.
• Seventh Planet from the Sun
• Third Largest
• Named after the God of the Heavens.
• Eighth and Last Planet from the Sun
• Fourth Largest
• Named after the God of the Sea.
• What is the name of • Here are some
the no longer existent activities to have fun
• NASA - NASA Kids'
• Here is a website that you can learn much
more about our Solar System…
• Astronomy For Kids - KidsAstronomy.com
Sunshine State Standards
• Earth and Space
– Standard 1:
The student understands the interaction and organization in the
Solar System and the universe and how this affects life on Earth.
1. knows that the tilt of the Earth on its own axis as it rotates and revolves around the
changes in season, length of day, and energy available.
2. knows that the combination of the Earth’s movement and the moon’s own orbit
around the Earth results in the appearance of cyclical phases of the moon.
3. knows that the sun is a star and that its energy can be captured or concentrated to
generate heat and light for work on Earth.
4. knows that the planets differ in size, characteristics, and composition and that they
orbit the sun in our Solar System.
5. understands the arrangement of planets in our Solar System.
4 th Grade