Salisbury Woman's Club
PO Box 794
Salisbury, NC 28145
Thank you for your interest in renting the Salisbury Woman's Club Clubhouse for your event on
The rental fee is ________ for the allotted time. You will need to secure the date with a $250.00
deposit and a signed copy of the Rental Agreement which is enclosed. The deposit will be returned to
you once the event is over and we ascertain the Clubhouse is in good shape (per Rules and Policies).
The remaining balance is due no less than 14 days prior to the event.
Enclosed is also a copy of our Rules and Policies; please read these CAREFULLY. Once you have read
them, if you still are interested in renting the Clubhouse, you may complete the enclosed Rental
Contract Agreement and send it in with the deposit in order to hold the date or the full amount of
$450.00 and confirmation of your ABC permit if applicable.
We look forward to helping you with your special event!
The Woman's Club of Salisbury
SALISBURY WOMAN'S CLUBHOUSE CORPORATION
RULES AND POLICIES FOR CLUBHOUSE RENTAL
1. When the key is borrowed by the Lessee it must be returned immediately into box. If not
returned, deposit is forfeited.
2. The clubhouse must be left as found when rented re: cleanliness:
All decorations must be removed.
◦ All trash must be emptied and placed in garbage cans provided outside.
◦ Floors must be swept and mopped if necessary, using clean water and provided mop.
◦ All bathrooms must be clean and free of debris.
◦ Trash (paper, cups, cans, etc.) must be picked up from the lawn surrounding the
3. Return the thermostat to temperature set at upon entrance of building before leaving.:
◦ 60 degrees (winter)
◦ 78 degrees (summer)
◦ Make sure AIR CONDITIONER or HEAT is OFF before leaving.
4. Keep doors and windows closed.
5. Check all doors and windows to make sure they are locked before leaving.
6. No tacks or nails are to be put in the walls.
7. All paper products (excluding toilet paper) must be furnished by Lessee renting facilities.
8. Make sure all lights (inside and outside) are turned off.
9. Any damages incurred to building or furnishings during occupancy of the building will be the
responsibility of the Lessee.
10. Please do not move pictures from the wall or from place to place. DO NOT MOVE PIANO or
any other furniture.
11. The Clubhouse Corporation is not responsible for lost or stolen property or for accidental
injuries incurred while the building is in use.
12. NO PARKING on the parking lot to the left through the trees when facing the front of the
13. The contents of the refrigerator are provided for club functions only, however all of the kitchen
appliances may be used short term storage of supplies for the Lessee.
14. **If the event continues after 9:00 pm Lessee must provide security from the Salisbury Police
Department for the additional hours after 9:00 pm. After 12:00 midnight a noise ordinance is in
effect in Salisbury, excessive noise will not be tolerated. All renters mus be out by MIDNIGHT.
The Police will be notified.
15. **If alcohol is served, Lessee must secure a one (1) day ABC permit, which is the sole
responsibility of the Lessee and must be provided to the Lessor no later than 14 days in advance
of the event date. Lessee must also provide security in the form of paying Salisbury Police
Department during the event if alcohol is served during any time frame.
16. **Melanie Thompson is to be contacted at the Salisbury Police Department directly at 704-638-
2091 by the Lessee in the event of need for security. The Lessor must receive confirmation of
this condition from the Salisbury Police Department 14 days prior to the event or the deposit
will be forfeited. The cost is $25 an hour for a minimum of three (3) hours to supervise the
property in case of instances detailed in #15 and #16.
17. The Lessee is solely responsible for any and all property located on the premises. Any property
belonging to the Lessor, Lessee or any 3rd party the Lessee will be responsible for repair,
maintenance, and any damages that may be incurred while property is located on the premises
18. In order to rent the Clubhouse, ALL OF THE CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE MUST BE
MET EACH TIME THE CLUBHOUSE IS USED.
Salisbury Woman's Club Code #
Rental Contract Agreement
PO Box 794
Salisbury, NC 28145
This rental agreement is made this ______ day of _________________________ in the
year,_____between the Salisbury Woman's Club (LESSOR) and
1. Lessor hereby leases to the Lessee for its exclusive use the facility known as the Clubhouse for
the date of ______________________________ from _________(time) until ________ (time)
for the purpose of ___________________________, for (no more than 83 people)
approximately _________ number of people. The Lessor, by signing below, hereby indicates
that the Lessee has been provided with a copy of the Rules and Policies of the Salisbury
Woman's Club prior to entering into this signed agreement; the Lessee's signature below
indicates receipt of these Rules and Policies.
2. Lessee shall agree to pay the following rent ___________________for the date and time
indicated, which will be paid upon signing of this agreement.
3. There is a $250.00 deposit, which will be used to hold the agreed upon date; this deposit will be
taken off the final rental fee pending final inspection of the premises after the event.
Additionally, a damage deposit of $200.00 may be paid upon the signing of this agreement.
4. Lessee understands that non-compliance with all the stated rules and policies of the Salisbury
Woman's Club and all Federal, State, and County Laws may result in forfeiture of full or part
deposit. All applicable deposits will be returned within 30 days of your event.
5. Lessee agrees to return the facility and all premises to the Lessor in a state of orderliness and
cleanliness comparable to such conditions at the beginning of the rental period. Details of these
expectations are made on the Rules and Policies sheet, as provided.
6. Lessee understands that Lessor may make any changes to the facility that are determined fit and
appropriate by the membership up to and including cleaning, repairs, changes with the utilities
and services provided at the facility. Electricity, heat, water and trash are all to be provided by
the Lessor, however telephone service and internet are the responsibility of the Lessee to
provide for themselves as the Lessee finds necessary.
7. Also the sole responsibility of the Lessee are any and all appliances and fixtures not provided
by the Lessor for such utilities.
8. Lessee agrees to provide Lessor with at least 14 days notice of any cancellations; failure to
comply with this time period could result in loss of full deposit.
9. By signing below, the signor accepts all terms and conditions stated herein and further warrants
that he/she has the authority to execute this document on behalf of the group as an officer.
10. Checks may be made payable to Salisbury Woman's Club Corp. delivered to the Post Office
Box 794 or payments can be made online at www.salisburywomansclub.org no later than 14
days prior to the event. Cash can be delivered directly to Woman's Club Treasurer.
Signature of Lessee: __________________________________Date:_________________
Title/Phone Number of Lessee: _____________________________________________________
Address of Lessee: ___________________________________________________
Signature of Lessor ________________________________Date:_______________________