Importing and Positioning Images in Word
1. Insert menu > Picture > and choose your source.
a) If it is Clip Art, you get a better choice if you are online. Choose your
search word carefully. Double-click on the image you want to insert.
b) If it is a file from the internet or your My Pictures, click on From File and
browse to the Image, then click on Insert.
c) If it is scanner, you must have the correct scanner software installed.
2. Resize the image by clicking on it and dragging one of the corners.
Alternatively, you can be more precise if you right-click on it and choose
Format Picture then Size.
3. If the Picture toolbar is not showing when you click on
an image, select it from the View menu > Toolbars.
4. The Crop tool ( ) allows you to cut the edges off an image so you are
left with just the part you are interested in.
5. The Text Wrapping tool ( ) lets you choose how the image behaves –
unless you have a special reason, Square is usually best. You will then be
able to move the image like a sticky label.