10.26 Garden Gate Family Involvement Page 1 of 1
SATILLA COMMUNITY SERVICES
POLICY: #10.26 TITLE: Garden Gate Residential Treatment: Family Involvement
POLICY STATEMENT: It is the policy of Satilla Community Services that family
members and/or significant others will be encouraged to participate in the treatment
BACKGROUND/PURPOSE: To encourage continuity of care. To provide education to
families and/or significant others.
1. Discuss the anticipated treatment plan with family and encourage participation.
2. Explain “AMA” potential of new consumers and need for family to support Clinical
3. Document telephone calls, visitations, any significant events or circumstances
4. Explain to the family that they must attend family education groups before visiting
their family members. Family visitation is every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
from 2:30pm to 5:00pm. Family members are encouraged to arrive by 2:15 in
order to sign in or bring items/belongings for consumers. Each family member
will be required to have a valid picture ID. If no picture ID is presented then
he/she will not be permitted to visit.
No expired ID.
a. Drivers License
d. Current school ID
5. Each new admission will have the opportunity to add family members to
their family involvement within the first 30 days of admission. Each
consumer is encouraged to add positive family and/or significant others.
Family and/or significant others who are on probation, Drug Court, and a
known Sex Offender will not be permitted to visit.
6. Prior to admission or within the 24hours of admission, family and/or
significant others are explained the necessary items to bring into
treatment, rules and policies, telephone, and visitation procedures are