Name: ______________________ Checked by: _______________________
1. Read the paper in its entirety before continuing.
2. Is there a title? What is it? If not, create one.
3. Does the paper have an opening that will make readers want to discover what was
discovered by your research?
4. Does the introduction include the main idea?
5. Is each of your main topics clearly introduced in the paper?
6. Have you identified the main issues of your research and provided an analysis of each
7. Does each of your paragraphs have a topic sentence that is sound and well written?
8. Have you included evidence to support your findings?
9. Are the ideas in a clear, sensible sequence?
10. Have you used interesting language?
11. Did you write a strong, summarizing conclusion?
12. Did you include a citation to give credit each time you used someone else’s ideas or
13. Have you used proper documentation when quoting the work of others?
14. Does the paper make sense when reading it? Does it flow?
Editing for Conventions
15. Read the paper backwards. Start from the last sentence until you get to the first
16. Are all sentences a complete sentence?
17. Do all sentences have the correct punctuation?
18. Are there any contractions, abbreviations, and/or symbols? Circle them and write out
19. Are there any first person pronouns? Circle them and rephrase sentences to avoid using
20. Are all of the words spelled correctly? Below, make a list of the misspelled words (write
21. Are there 6-8 sentences per paragraph? (there should be 6-8 at the minimum)
22. Are conjunctions (FANBOYS) combining or starting sentences? (they should be
23. Are single-digit numbers spelled out? Are numbers greater than nine in numeral form?
(for example: nine, 10)
Add additional comments and suggestions:
Positive Comments Corrective Feedback