FC-500 Required Cleaning Procedure
The instrument must be cleaned after every use. Please be conscientious about
cleaning; it will greatly reduce problems for everyone. The following 2-step
procedure should be followed exactly.
Step 1: Run Cleanse Tubes
1. While in Acquisition mode, press “New Worklist” icon to clear the worklist.
Return to normal mode if manual mode was used.
2. Select CLEANSE panel from Resource Explorer as follows:
Panels Tab Common Folder Cleanse.pnl. Drag it to the Acquisition
Manager (panel consists of one bleach tube and three water tubes.)
3. In line 1 of Acquisition Manager, enter the number of the carousel to be
used (1 or 2), then press return to auto-fill the remaining blanks.
4. Using squirt bottles, fill sample tubes with ~2 ml each of:
1) 10 % bleach, 2) water, 3) water, 4) water.
Load tubes into carousel positions 1, 2, 3, 4.
5. Place the carousel into sampling chamber. Close the door.
6. Press run.
Note: The Cleanse panel cycle takes about 12 minutes, and requires
sufficient sheath fluid and empty space in the waste tank to finish completely.
Step 2: Run Cleaning Adaptors
1. Fill large chamber of the two black plastic cleaning adaptors with water.
2. Load them into positions 1 and 2 with larger well facing center of carousel,
and place the carousel in the sampling chamber. Close the door.
3. Press Idle mode button (“zzz”), wait a few seconds, then press the
AutoCleanse button (looks like cartoon of black adaptor).
Note: This procedure will also do a Clenz flush, and takes 2.5 minutes.
4. Wait until the orange flow light on the instrument panel turns off, then log
out and turn off the machine.
Important: When finished, remove the cleaning adapters to prevent the
carousel from jamming when the machine is started next time.
Thank you for your cooperation.