Catholic Primary School
Headteacher – Mrs Irene Pinner
Burlington Road, New Malden, KT3 4ND
Archdioceses of Southwark
London Borough of Merton
Phase Leader (TLR position)
Required for September 2012
Sacred Heart Primary is a successful Catholic School in Merton. We have an excellent team
of practitioners who are eager to continue moving the school forward. We are committed to
learning both for the pupils and ourselves.
We are looking for an experienced outstanding teacher to lead our Upper Key Stage 2
The successful candidate will:
• Have a clear vision of and a strong commitment to Christian education
• Be an exemplary classroom practitioner who is reflective and willing to develop
• Have a proven experience of working as part of a team
• Have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
• Have a commitment to Assessment for Learning
• Have the ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team
• Have experience of leading a subject and/or project
We will offer the successful candidate:
• A caring and positive working atmosphere inspired by our strong Catholic ethos
• Hard-working, dedicated and enthusiastic colleagues
• Training in how to lead and manage a phase of four classes effectively
• Happy, well motivated children who enjoy coming to school
• Strong parish and community links
• A clear commitment to continuing professional development
Lesson observations will be part of the interview process for shortlisted candidates.
Visits to the school welcome. Application packs are available from the school office.
Closing date: 24 May 2012
Interviews: 29 May 2012
Sacred Heart is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a
satisfactory Enhanced CRB Check.