2.2. Cost & Management Accounting 100 Marks
1. Terminology of cost - Cost classification by elements, variability, cash flow etc.
2. Preparation of cost sheet
3. Methods of costing - with special reference to job costing, process costing, services costing
4. Distinction & relationship among Financial Accounting, Cost accounting & Management Accounting
5. Marginal costing (Break - even analysis)
a) computation of break even point, margin of safety
b) Applications of Break etc, analysis to export pricing profit planning, Make v/s busy, operate v/s shut down.
6. Budgetary Control - Functional Budgets, Cash Budgets, Master Budgets- Flexible Budgeting - Zero based
Budgeting - Responsibility & Performance Budgeting.
7. Responsibility Accounting - cost centers , profit centers & investment centers transfer pricing, Use of
responsibility accounting in performance evaluation
1. Management Accounting for profit control - Keller & Ferrara
2. Cost Accounting for Managerial Emphasis - Horngreen
3. T. P. Ghosh: Financial Accounting for managers(Taxmann).