HOLIDAY HOMEWORK (2012-13)
“Hours are happiest when hands are busiest.”
So when Holiday homework has been designed in such a way so as to channelize the
boundless energy of children, to enrich their enquiring mind to inspire creativity. Our main
aim is to see the children in a radiant form: a source of bliss, energy and light.
1.Design a Poster on the topic ‘Save Trees’. Give details. Also mention how trees are the
source of life for us. You may add any other point you feel is important.
2.Pick any story you like from your Literature Reader. Write its Review about it. Focus on
the following aspects.
3. Draft a Notice, in about 50 words, for the bulletin board of your school, requesting the
students to contribute articles for the school magazine for this academic year. You are
Nandeesh Kumar, the Student-Editor.
4. Answer these riddles:
i. What begins with T, ends with T and has T in it.
ii. What runs faster –heat or cold?
iii. What has a neck but no head?
iv. Which letter of the English Alphabet is always finding reason?
5.With the help of chain of events given below, write a Paragraph on “The Most Terrible
Day”. Alarm did not ring → got up late →missed the school bus → reached school late →
missed the English Paper →got poor marks in English→ scolded by teacher
6. Do third and forth chapters of Comprehension and More.
7.Revise whole syllabus done in the Class.
Note: Homework should be done on ruled ‘A4’ sheets. Marks would be added in FA
Q1. Revise complete syllabus done in class.
Q2.Do revision exercise of chapter 1 and 2.
Q3. Calculate difference between maximum and minimum temperature of any 10 days
and show on graph.
Q4. Make a Project on IPL Matches (2012-13)
(NOTE:Prepare a separate notebook for holiday homework and use your own
creativity to present the work.)
1. Learn and revise L-1, 2 & 3
2. Make a model of digestive system using clay and rubber tubes.
3. Make a chart showing
a) Uses of water
b) Ways by which water gets polluted
c) Ways of preventing water pollution
1) Make a pictorial Chart on the “Components of our Environment”.
2) Make a newsletter on Non Democratic countries.
3) Make manuscript with six dried peepal leaves and paste in your history notebook.
4) Fill the maps from page no. 3 to 5 and 57 in your Atlas book.
5) Learn all the lessons done in the class.
DANCE & MUSIC
1. Write 5 Alankar on music note book.
2. Listen any two Non-filmy Patriotic songs and two Folk songs. Write them in music note
3. Draw any 3 Instruments with name in music note book.
DO THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES IN THE BOOK MASTER STROKES ,PRACHI (5
(A) PAGE 69 DECORATIVE PATTERNS
(B) PAGE 70 THUMB IMPRESSION
(C) PAGE 72 AIR BLOWING TECHNIQUE
(D) PAGE 73 TOOTH BRUSH SPRAY
(E) PAGE 77 PAPER COLLAGE
1. Learn and revise Lesson 1 to 4
2. You worked hard to reach Class Seven this year. There are many things in life that one
needs to work hard for. It is not only you but your parents who also work hard. Write the
various ways in which your father, mother, and teachers work hard to achieve things in
3. State the ways in which friends make a difference in our lives. How different would life be
Do all the work in the project file. .
Q1. Revise pages- 5 to 18
Q2. Make a Project on –
(a) Manufacturing Brands
(b) Sportsmen who holds the Olympic records.
Do you know what is a “COMPUTER HARDWARE” ?
Computer Hardware are the parts which can be touched and which we can feel also.
Now, you have to make a chart showing all the main parts of computer and their sub-