Amateur Softball Association, of New Jersey, Inc.
George T. Cron 1993
Leo J. Spirito 1994
Greater Union County, NJ 2006 Executive Board
John Primavera, President
Paul Ciullo, Vice President
Richard C. Archer 1994 Softball Umpires Association, Inc. James D. Peters, Exec. Secretary
Phil Gutowski 1995 Established 1990 Richard Powell, Secretary
James Powers 1995 2095 Jersey Avenue Carl Dahlberg, Treasurer
James Clark 1996 Joseph Massaro, Umpire-In-Chief
Robert S. Peters 1997 Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
Rosie Givens 1999 1-908-232-2354
Keith A. Benovengo 2001 WWW.ASASOFTBALLUCNJ.ORG
William J. Smith, Jr. 2003
Frank Blasco 2004
July 22, 2006
In the event of bad weather and we have to cancel or change the schedule you will be notified by 6:30am.
If you are traveling, please make sure we have your cell phone number.
1. All managers must report 1 hour prior to their first game to the Official Tournament Directors
station located at the snack bar. Have ready for review:
a) ASA team registration card
b) Proof of team insurance
c) Submit roster to Director (on your own form)
d) Copy of birth certificates
2. ASA Rules will apply, including the ASA approved bat list.
3. All players must use Facemasks/ guards and Chin Strap.
4. The 14u and 16u divisions will field 9. ASA flex player rules apply. The 12u division will field 10
and bat 10, with no flex player. The 10th defensive player must be an outfielder.
5. Lineup cards are required, Home team book is official and must be notified of all changes.
Rule 6 is extremely important,
6. A) Time limit: 1 hour and 30 minute time limit on Saturday. (Games can end in a tie). .
B) Game time means first pitch thrown time. The umpire will stop game at the 1-1/2 hour mark.
Only injury may cause a deviation to such. In order to maintain the time schedule “be prepared” to play
because the clock “will be running”. If your team has to change fields, please keep your team hustling,
there is only 15 minutes between time slots.
C) Score is final at 1-1/2 hour finish time or after 7 innings (or tiebreaker). So, winning the coin
flip on Saturday and electing to be home team may not to your advantage. You may not get your final
7. Sunday’s games are played out.
8. Game time is forfeit time.
9. International tiebreaker on Saturday if 7 innings are completed and we are under the time limit but
once time limit has expired the game is over. The tiebreaker rule is in effect on Sunday.
10. Three games on Saturday will be used for the seeding. All forfeits or not played 1st round games
will be calculated as a 7-0 score.
The Tournament Director will determine seeding as such:
Best record based on points, 2 points for a win. 1 for a tie.
Head to Head play
Least number of runs allowed
Most total runs scored
ALL MANAGERS MUST REPORT TO SNACK BAR AFTER THERE 5:15 GAME TO
FIND OUT THERE SUNDAY SCHEDULE. IF YOUR TEAM FINISHES EARLIER,
PLEASE CALL MY CELL PHONE (908-313-0983) AFTER 7:00PM.
13. Courtesy runner may be used at anytime for pitcher and catcher. Courtesy runner will be any
player not in the lineup. If there are no players left, it will be the last batted out. The same runner
cannot be used for both pitcher and catcher in the same inning.
14. No protests, umpires decision is final.
15. Mercy Rule: 15runs after 3, 8 runs after 5.
16.All games Saturday will coin toss for choice of home or visitor. Sunday home teams will be the
17.The umpire will report the scores to the Tournament Director; it is also recommended that the
winning teams do also. The umpires’ score is the official score.
18. Warm ups and practice is not allowed on the infield. Teams can use the outfield.
19.Field Maintenance – Fields will be dragged for the start of the game day. If time and weather
permits we will try to do it during the day.
20.As stated in our flyer a minimum of 10 % administration fee will be charged if we must cancel the
tournament due to weather.
We emphasize sportsmanship and expect proper behavior from all team members,
coaches, parents, and spectators at all times. We understand games can be competitive
but any behavior that is deemed inappropriate or disruptive will not be tolerated.
Determination of poor behavior is subjective and penalty may range from ejection from
the game or park to being banned from the tournament and future participation.
The Tournament Directors reserve the right to adjust the schedule as they see fit to ensure
the tournament’s completion. This includes but is not limited to the following:
tournament format, change in game length, tournament schedule, fields, number of games
guaranteed, game times, game dates, etc.
Let’s all hope for great weather and a weekend of enjoying softball!!!!!!
NJ ASA District II, Union County Commissioner – firstname.lastname@example.org
Keith Benovengo NJ ASA Dist II Commish H) 908-232-2354 C) 908-313-0983
Don Yuhas – H) 908-337-9410 email@example.com
Pete Strahan H) 908-245-7344 firstname.lastname@example.org