Expense Claim Form (BSA Charity)
Claimant Details Bank Details (regular users need only insert changes)
Name Name of Bank
Address Account Name
Town Account No./IBAN
County Event Claim relates to
Expense Details (please attach receipts)
Please note: if a VAT receipt is not attached where appropriate, you are incurring additional taxes for the BSA which
cannot be claimed back. This is clearly not the best use of members' funds.
Date Details of each receipt and reason for expense Net Amount VAT Gross Amount
I confirm these expenses have been incurred 'wholly and necessarily' in relation to the performance of BSA activities.
Approved by the BSA: Date:
BSA Study Group Claims Only
All expense claims must be clarified and counter-signed by the relevant Study Group Convenor, before forwarding
to the BSA for payment.
Study Group Convenor's Signature:
Convenor's Name (PLEASE PRINT):
- All claims must be submitted within three months of the event to which the expenditure incurred relates.
- Consideration must always be given to using the most cost-effective method of travel. As the Association is a
Charity, claimants are encouraged to keep expenses to a minimum.
- In line with ensuring the ‘best price possible’, only standard class travel should be booked .
- If a member wishes to travel by car please note that the total claim for any journey made must not exceed the
standard-class rail fare.
- The private mileage rate offered by the BSA is 40p per mile.
British Sociological Association, Bailey Suite, Palatine House, Belmont Business Park, Belmont, Durham DH1 1TW.
Telephone: +44(0)191 383 0839. Fax: +44(0)191 383 0782. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The British Sociological Association is a Company Limited by Guarantee. Company Number: 3890729. Registered in England and Wales. Registered
Charity Number: 1080235. VAT Registration Number: 734 1722 50