Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, the Incas, the Mayans, the Olmec and the Aztecs
Objective: Analyze and synthesize ancient civilizations in Latin America and Europe
Geography/Thematic Maps: You have three (3) outline maps: Latin America and Europe. Identify,
Color, and Label, the Ancient Civilizations of Latin America and Europe. The textbook is a helpful
resource, Latin America, p. 135 and Europe, the Roman Empire, p. 258
Choose two (2) of the following activities listed below. Complete and place in a pocket folder or a three-
prong folder, your assignments are worth 15 points each with a maximum score of 30 points.
Remember, the teacher will grant additional points for students who complete scholarly, above average
Due Date: October 13th (A day) and October 14th (B day)
1. Create a Graphic Organizer: 8 ½ by 11 sheet of paper compare/contrast the Ancient times of
Europe to Latin America (any type of graphic organizer)
2. Create a Magazine Article on one (or combination) of the following topics: Chinampas, the
Aztecs, the Incas, the Mayans, the Spanish Class system, Ancient Greece, or Ancient Rome.
Your magazine article must be informative to include information about the time period: such as
the life and food of the people.
3. Create a Timeline of the major events/significant achievements of each civilization
4. Create a Postcard: 8 ½ by 11 sheet of paper, create an information post card from one of the
ancient civilizations listed above.
5. Create a Brochure: you may choose one (or any combination) of the Ancient Civilizations to
create a two-fold or three-fold brochure with information.
6. Write a Book: write a book that contains information about all of the Ancient Civilizations