2012 FALL SOCCER
St. Stephen United Methodist Church/Recreation Ministry
6800 Sardis Road; Charlotte, NC 28270 704-364-1824
You may download this form at www.ststephenumc.net/recreation
DEADLINE: August 29, 2012
INSTRUCTIONS: Return form and payment to the church office by the deadline.
TEAM (Pick one):
• Boys/Girls U-5 Soccer: 3 & 4 years old (cannot be 5 before Sept 1, 2012)
• Boys/Girls U-7 Soccer: 5 & 6 years old (cannot be 7 before Sept 1, 2012)
• Boys/Girls U-9 Soccer: 7 & 8 years old (cannot be 9 before Sept 1, 2012)
• Boys/Girls U-12 Soccer: 9, 10 & 11 years old (cannot be 12 before Sept 1, 2012)
PLAYER’S NAME: _______________________________________________________ AGE: ________ GRADE: ______
• If you are a returning player, check if this is a new address
ADDRESS: ___________________________________________________________________BIRTHDATE: ___________
CITY, STATE, ZIP: ____________________________________________________________________________________
PHONE: _________________ BOTH PARENTS’ NAMES: ___________________________________________________
PARENT E-MAIL ADDRESS (for Soccer updates): __________________________________________________________
SPECIAL REQUESTS: We will try to accommodate special requests as space and fairness allows:
I want my child/youth to play on the same team as: _________________________
Circle the day(s) of the week your child/youth CAN’T practice, if any: Mon Thur. Fri.
SHIRT SIZE (Circle One): Child XS (3T-4T) S(6/8) M(10/12) L(14/16) Adult S M L XL
SHORT SIZE (Circle One): Child XS (3T-4T) S(6/8) M(10/12) L(14/16) Adult S M L XL
FEES: (checks payable to St. Stephen UMC-Recreation; and include with this form)
• Returning Player: ............................................................................................................... $55.00
• First-Timer or Non-Member (our gift to you, see reverse for more info): ........................ $40.00
PAUL GILGO MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
• Request Scholarship. We will arrange with you a discreet, confidential scholarship. For partial scholarships, please include
the portion you are able to contribute. If you have questions, please contact Chad Busch, Soccer Coordinator.
• Donation Enclosed. Consider sponsoring at least one young person by including a separate check for the amount of a full
registration to “SSUMC-Paul Gilgo Memorial Scholarship Fund.” 100% of every donation goes directly to help other youth and
children and is fully tax-deductible.
I give my son/daughter permission to participate in St. Stephen UMC’s Soccer Ministry for the 2012 Fall Season and I
understand while every precaution will be taken for the health and safety of my child, I will not hold St. Stephen United
Methodist Church or any coach liable in case of accident or injury.
Parent’s Signature __________________________________________________________ Date ___________________
PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:
Willing to serve as Head Coach Coordinate Drinks and/or Year-End Party
Willing to serve as Assistant Coach Make Phone Calls
PLEASE SEE REVERSE SIDE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION
St. Stephen UMC Recreation Ministry
The St. Stephen UMC Recreation Ministry seeks to build disciples of Jesus Christ by giving youth,
children, parents, and coaches the opportunity to discover and apply their growing faith by committing
to a SMALL GROUP. Recreation provides for us the opportunity to practice living out the Christian
life in real-world circumstances: experiencing competition with honor, facing challenges with
integrity, dealing positively with success and failure, encouraging attitudes, respect for each other, and
learning from others. We encourage all participants, parents, coaches, and officials to participate in our
recreation ministry with these as our most important goals.
Fall SOCCER 2012
SOCCER COORDINATOR: CHAD BUSCH. Please make a note of the contact
information for our Soccer Coordinator if you have any questions.
1) First Timers & Non-St. Stephen Members. We offer a very special welcome to
you! As a gift, we want to give you a discount to say thanks for joining us in ministry. We truly hope
you and your family are blessed through this experience.
2) Deadlines for registration will be strictly observed. Only completed registration forms with full
payment will be accepted (unless prior arrangements for partial scholarships have been made before
the registration deadline). There is no priority basis given to church members. All registrants have
equal opportunity. From the initial deadline we determine the number of teams and numbers of
3) Teams will be selected by the coaches and the soccer coordinator at the end of the registration
period from all the registrants in a particular age. Every effort will be made to put siblings and friends
together, but in order to reach our overall goal of creating quality small groups, no guarantees of
particular teams or coaches can be made. The coaches will contact team members to inform them of
practice days and distribute game schedules.
4) Team Placement. If we do not have enough for an entire team or too many for one team, we will
try to place these players on another team, possibly with another church. Although it may not always
be possible, we strive to place everyone on a team.
5) PRACTICES & GAMES. Practices are generally held in the early evenings on a specific day
during the week, while the games will be held on Saturdays starting after Labor Day. Practices have
not been set yet.
6) COACHES ARE TRAINED: All coaches need to go through a “Safe Sanctuary” training and
background check to provide the safest environment for the children. If you would like to serve as a
coach, please refer to our Safe Sanctuary guidelines and expectations on our website:
Return registration forms with payment by August 29 to:
St. Stephen UMC Soccer Registrar
6800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270