Winwick Parish Council
Minutes of a meeting held on 26th February 2008
Present: Mrs P Barrow, J Gordon, A Smith,, Mrs A Iddon,
Apologies: A Clemo, Mrs D Hughes, G Naylor
That the minutes of the Parish Council held on 22nd January 2008 and the Leisure
Centre Strategy Committee held on the 12th February 2008, be approved, with the
Item 1 part 2 Parish Council 22nd January to read £39,999.57
2. Update on matters from the previous meeting.
That, the report of the Clerk that no further progress had been made on the
introduction of a Speedwatch Campaign, be noted
That, the report of the Clerk on obtaining the PCC approval to the planting of
a Christmas Tree in the Church Yard, be noted
That, the report of the Clerk on the change of the start date for the extension
and refurbishment of the rear car park, be noted
3. Clerk’s report on correspondence
That, the Clerk’s report on correspondence be received and that he responds in
accordance with the wishes of the Parish Council.
4. Clerk’s report on planning issues
That, the Clerk’s report on planning issues, be accepted.
5. Question time for Electors.
No matters were raised
6. Performance compared with targets
1. That, the report of the Finance Officer, be noted.
2. That, the Clerk and the Finance Officer discuss with the Centre Manager,
member’s concerns over the periods between shifts.
7. Five Borough payment issues
That, the report of the Finance Officer, be noted and the proposed actions, for future
hire arrangements, be approved
8. Re-design of hire agreement
That, the Finance Officer’s proposed changes to the Hire agreement, be approved.
9. Change in External Auditor
That, the report of the Finance Officer, regarding the Audit Commissions changes to
the external audit organisation, be noted.
10. Insurance quotation-to follow
That, the quotation for the provision of insurance from Layton Blackham in the sum
of £3,175.53 for the period up to 6th March 2009, be accepted.
11. Grant to PAG
That, the report from Brendon Page on the activities of PAG, be noted
That, it be noted that a sum of £2500 has been earmarked to support the PAG
12. Hanging baskets 2008.
That, the report of the Finance Officer be noted and approved and JC Nurseries and
Gardinia Gardens, be asked to quote for the provision of hanging baskets and for their
13. Approval of cheque payments since the last meeting
14. Community Pride Competition 2008
That, the Clerk submits an application
15. Reports from Outside Bodies
That, the request from Winwick CE school Governors for the agreement to land a
helicopter on the recreation ground as a fundraiser, be approved.
16. Accounts for payment
17. Any other urgent business
That, the Clerk requests the Borough Council to take action regarding the following:-
Potholes on the highway and pavements on Myddleton Lane, in particular the
Damaged lamppost on Golborne Road
Enforcement of planning on Monkhouse Farm
Leak to highway on Waterworks Lane
18. Any urgent matter which cannot wait until the next Leisure Centre Strategy
That, the Clerk requests the Centre Manager to strictly impose the restrictions relating
to children at the Leisure Centre.
19. Date and time of next meeting
25th March 2008 at 7.30 pm
Part 2- items of a confidential nature
1. Townsfield Lane car boot site.
That, the report of the Clerk that he had received no further information the Borough
Council relating to the car boot site, be noted.
2. Letter from Mrs K Cookson
That, the Clerk writes to Mrs Cookson informing her that the matter raised in her
letter dated 24th February 2008, was not the responsibility of the Parish Council.