Legacy Park is an extension of Sherwood Baptist Church and is intended for the use of our
community. Because of our desire to honor God in every aspect of life, we ask that you adhere
to the following as you participate in this ministry.
1. Physical activities offered at Legacy Park are on a voluntary participation basis
and carry various degrees of risk or injury. Participants assume sole
responsibility for any and all such risk or injury that may result due to voluntary
participation. It is each individual’s responsibility to be knowledgeable of his or
her own physical condition when participating in any activity.
2. All injuries and illnesses are to be reported immediately to the office.
3. Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
4. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items while at the facility.
5. Pets are not allowed.
6. The pond is intended for fishing ONLY, swimming is NOT allowed. Children who
fish at the pond must be accompanied by an adult.
1. Legacy Park is a family friendly place that seeks to show the love of our Lord and
Savior Jesus Christ through sports and recreation activities. Christian conduct is
expected at all times and anyone using Legacy Park is expected to respect the
facilities and the rights of other individuals. The following are deemed as
misconduct and will result in immediate dismissal from the facilities:
a) Disorderly conduct, including verbal or physical abuse of any employee
and or volunteer.
b) The possession and or use of tobacco, alcohol or any illegal drug.
c) Cursing, fighting, or derogatory language.
1. Hours of Operation
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
2. Restrooms are located at the pavilion.
3. Please contact 883-1910, ext. 1351 for information and pricing regarding facility
4. Automobiles are to be parked only in designated areas.
1. Various areas of Legacy Park may be closed during special events.
2. Baseball and softball fields will remain locked at all times. If you wish to use
these fields you must complete a calendar request by calling 883-1910, ext.
3. Soccer Fields may be used for various recreation activities during the hours of
operation as long as they do not interfere with league play.
4. Fishing is allowed under the following circumstances:
a. Barbless hooks only
i. The purpose of this is that backing a barbless hook out of a
fish’s mouth is far less harmful than the tearing of mouth and
jaw tissue which commonly occurs when using barbed hooks.
ii. It is easier to achieve a solid hook set when using barbless flies
because you are freed from having to overcome the resistance
of the barb. Admittedly, a barbed hook will hang on to a fish
better than a barbless hook, but you have to bury the barb in
the tissue of the lip or mouth first.
b. Catch and release
c. Report all major catches to the office
5. Anyone wishing to use the 1.56 mile track that encircles Legacy Park is asked to
wear running or athletic shoes as a safety precaution.
6. Beach Volleyball Court
a. The courts should only be used to play volleyball.
b. Do not hang on or pull on the net or the boundary lines.
c. If other teams are waiting to play, there will be a thirty minute limit.
7. Tennis Courts
a. Please be courteous to those playing on the courts around you.
b. Do not hang or pull on the nets.
c. Tennis shoes must be worn.
d. Cleats are not allowed on the courts.
Equipment Rental & Check-Out
1. You may bring your own sports and recreation equipment for use at Legacy
2. A limited amount of equipment is available for check out as needed from the
office. You must leave your drivers license with the office attendant while you
have equipment checked out.