Literacy Lesson Plan
Student Name: Madeline Davis Date: March 9, 2007
Name of Activity: Fish Eyes
Developmental Goal: Cognitive, Language, Fine Motor, and Personal-Social
IEP/IFSP Goals: “wh” questions
Kindergarten SOLS: Math: K.2, K.13; Oral: K.1, K.2, K.3, K.5, K.8
Writing: K.10, K.11; Science: K.1, K.4; Civics: K.8
1. Listen to a story
2. Answer questions about the book
3. Create a picture showing an understanding of the book
-Fish Eyes by Lois Ehlert
-Colored and white 8 ½ x 11” paper
-Pictures of sea life
1. Introduce the book, author and illustrator
2. Ask if this is the front or back of the book
3. Talk about the cover, read the title and ask what they think the book is about
4. Read the book and stop to ask questions during the reading
5. Explain that the class will be dividing into two groups
6. Tell the children they will be acting like the illustrator. They will be making
their own fish pictures.
7. The children will use the paper, glue, glitter, scissors, markers, etc. to make
their own illustration.
8. Afterwards, the children will present/explain their creation to the
Accommodations for special needs children: Give them the support they need to enjoy the activity.
How would you rate your effectiveness with this activity? Evaluate your planning, preparation,
and achievement of your objectives. What worked well? What problems did you have? What
could you do differently to avoid these problems? Were the accommodations effective?
Student Signature Date Mentor Teacher Approval Date