Docstoc

CSG Papers

Document Sample
CSG Papers Powered By Docstoc
					                         Cat II/III Subgroup (CSG) Report

                                                    Navigation System Panel (NSP)
                                                    Report of the Meeting of the CAT II/III
                                                    Subgroup (CSG)
                                                    Montreal, Canada
                                                    Mar 31st -Apr 3rd 2008




1.0     General
The CAT II/III Subgroup met on Mar 31st through Apr 3rd, 2008 in conjunction with the
NSP Working Group 1 Meeting held during that week. The Agenda for the meeting is
given in Attachment A. The agenda was reviewed, amended and accepted by the group
at the beginning of the meeting. A list of working papers and information papers
considered by the group is given in Attachment B.

The CSG held 4 teleconferences since the last meeting in Montreal (Oct 2007) to advance
the work on requirements for GBAS to support CAT II/III operations. In addition, the
CSG SARPs drafting group continued to work by correspondence to development the
draft of proposed SARPs amendments for GBAS to support CAT II/III.

At this meeting, the CSG continued to discuss the development of requirements for
GBAS as agreed at the meeting in Brussels (May 2006). Work was also done on several
issues related to the maintenance of GBAS and GRAS SARPs.

2.0    Review status of GBAS Development
Reports on GBAS Status in Various State
This meeting began with a series of short status briefings and oral reports from all the
states and organizations represented concerning plans and work specific to GBAS
development.

FAA GBAS Status Update (IP 21)
The FAA is continuing to pursue research and development of GBAS technology and is
supporting applicant request(s) for GBAS system design approval within the National
Airspace (NAS). In 2008, the FAA and Honeywell plan to complete the system design
approval (SDA) for the SLS-4000, a Category-I GBAS. Initiation of facility and service
approvals are anticipated to follow completion of SDA for an updated GBAS installation
in Memphis, TN USA. Coordination continues with the international community to
support world wide development and implementation of GBAS technology. The
program office continues to provide support for requirements development to support
Category-III service. Evaluation is ongoing of the GAST-D proposal, and the ability of
single frequency GBAS technology to support it.


EUROCONTROL status
No one was available to give a status report on Eurocontrol GBAS activities.

GBAS status in Germany
On September 5th, 2007 the first GBAS approach in Europe with a commercial airliner
(TUIfly Boeing B737-800) was done at Bremen international airport, Germany under
visual meteorological conditions. With the acceptance of the EC declaration of
verification by the German national supervisory authority on February 5th, 2008 the
airliner can use GBAS service down to NPA minima with the necessity to monitor the
approach e.g. by ILS.
In preparation of this restricted operational use a prototype GBAS ground subsystem in
Bremen had to be qualified through GBAS ground and flight testing. The first testing
campaign was done in May 2007 and was repeated in February 2008 under different
meteorological conditions. Some of the lessons learned are discussed in WP20 of this
meeting.

Japan
Japan Civil Aviation Bureau (JCAB) still has no firm plans for GBAS operation and
implementation. Electronic Navigation Research Institute (ENRI) continues to develop a
GBAS Test Bed, its architecture and monitoring algorithms. ENRI has recently been
working on the development and evaluation of GBAS using SBAS ranging sources to
improve the availability of service. This activity has uncovered an issue about the SBAS
ephemeris change timing between the airborne receiver and the ground reference
receiver. This issue only affects GBAS receivers using SBAS ranging signal, but does
not affect SBAS receivers using SBAS ranging signals. (Details regarding this issue were
provided in a paper at this meeting.) ENRI also has a plan to do a flight test to check for
interoperability between their GBAS ground system and an airborne MMR receiver.

Australia

Australia is continuing GBAS development programs with the GBAS at Sydney having
completed 800 approaches by aircraft in revenue flight.

Airservices Australia and Honeywell sponsored a demonstration flight from the ATC
Global Conference in Amsterdam to Bremen, Germany for senior industry executives.
The flight on a Tuifly 737-800 conducted an approach guided by GBAS provisioned by
DFS Germany. The flight was successful in highlighting the upcoming commercial
release of Cat I GBAS.

India
Airport Authorities of India (AAI) reported that they have plans to implement GBAS
systems at two airports, one at Delhi airport and a second at Mumbai airport. In March
2008, AAI has placed the order to M/s Thales on Supply, Installation, Testing and
Commissioning (SITC) basis. The current implementation plan of the GBAS is
scheduled to be made operational by December 2009.

Brazil
A representative from Departamento de Controle de Espaço Aéreo, (DECEA) reported on
the status of GBAS development in Brazil. Brazil continues to operate a GBAS test
prototype. A Hawker 800 has been outfitted with a GNLU 930 MMR and tests have
been conducted on both straight in and curved approaches.

The Brazilian GNSS program has been focused on characterization of the ionosphere
with the goal of developing an ionospheric anomaly threat model applicable to a GBAS
implementation in Brazil. At a previous meeting, the CSG had been briefed regarding a
program where DECEA had an airplane standing by to fly tests when an ionospheric
anomaly was detected using an all-sky imager which can detect atmospheric electron
densities. (This event detection will accomplished by the Research Group on Solar
Physics from UNIVAP (Universidade do Vale do Paraiba), an university located in Sao
Jose dos Campos (Sao Paulo)). As reported in Delhi, the test has not been conducted
because no significant events have happened. It is currently the low point of the solar
cycle. In addition to that program, DECEA is contracting with a local university to
analyze the WAAS test bed data collected between 2003 and now. The analysis of that
data is expected to take on the order of 14 months. The result will be validation of an
ionospheric threat model that is valid for Brazil.

The current goal is for Brazil to have a certified ground station by 2010.

Russian Federation
Following successful compatibility tests carried out in collaboration with
EUROCONTROL and DFS in 2006-2007, further work on the development and
introduction of GBAS is underway. Tests of the first GBAS prototype continue at the
local airfield near Moscow, and a pre-production GBAS station conforming to ICAO
SARPs for GBAS is undergoing operational trials at the Tjumen airport. Subject to the
results of operational trials and user equipage additional stations are expected to be
deployed to support helicopter and corporate aircraft operations in that oil reach Siberian
region. Testing of user equipment is also underway.


GBAS Status in the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom has no current plans to implement GBAS, either as trial or
permanent installations.


GBAS Status in France
There is no change in the status of GBAS in France. A non-certified GBAS ground
station is maintained in Toulouse to support Airbus certification activities and to gain
experience with the system. Some work may be done with the ground station to support
validation of the standards. However, the ground station in Toulouse will be maintained
in a configuration that is compliant with the current CAT I SARPs.

GBAS Status with respect to the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
EASA is close to finalizing approval of GLS with autoland on the A380 in Category I or
better weather conditions. First delivery will be on Qantas, later this year.

Thailand
There is currently no plan to implement GBAS in Thailand.

3.0     Status of Requirements Developments in Other Groups
RTCA
Dean Rudy briefed RTCA SC159 WG-4 status. The last meeting was held Jan 22-24,
2008.

After a review of the status of other relevant groups, the working group reviewed several
issues related to maintenance of the existing documents (LAAS MOPS and ICD).
Briefly, these topics included: applicability of airborne multipath model to helicopters, a
proposed change to the requirement that Dmax must be used for the Approach Service,
test procedure harmonization Issues with DO-229D (WAAS MOPS), and new velocity
requirements to support ADS B.

WG4 then addressed CAT III updates to those documents. At the previous meeting and at
subsequent teleconferences, the WG had conducted a page-by-page walk though of the
proposed updates to DO-253 and DO-246. The result of this review was a list of issues
and actions. At this meeting, the status of several of the items on the actions list was
reported, resulting in discussions that matured the draft, and in some cases, additions to
the action list.

Since the Jan meeting, WG4 has held four teleconferences, using the actions list as a
framework for the discussion.

The next meeting for WG4 is Apr 15-17. The work plan will be reviewed then; telecons
in May – August are likely, but TBD.

The goal is still for WG4 to generate finished drafts of CAT II and III updates to DO-253
and DO-246 for final review and comment approximately 30+ days prior to the SC-159
Plenary Meeting following April (approximately September).

Papers from the last meeting are available on the web site http://SC159.tc.faa.gov.

EUROCAE
EUROCAE WG28 has met at the end of January 2008 and has confirmed new terms of
reference. The past subgroup structure is abandoned and the group will meet in plenary
session from now on. Its primary tasks are now:
       completion of ED-88A (MMR MOPS), currently foreseen for May 2008
       Update of ED-114 (GBAS ground MOPS), planned for the 2008-2009 period,
        notably to keep it current with ICAO SARPS and to incorporate the testing
        experience acquired
       Identification of relevant documents for the GBAS CS mandate
       Aid harmonization of European positions for ICAO and RTCA on GBAS,
        particularly on Cat II/III developments.

This is to be achieved in co-ordination with WG62, RTCA SC 159 and the ICAO NS
Panel, proposing inputs to the ICAO NS Panel as appropriate.

Next meeting is 6-7 May 2008 at EUROCAE, Paris.

4.0 Development of Standards for GBAS to Support Category II/III
Operations
4.1 Agenda Item 3.a – Review of Proposed Requirements Development

WP-4 Common Open Questions on the proposed GPS/L1 GBAS CAT III SARPS and
the Ranging Source Monitoring Requirements
This paper raises questions on the integrity-related changes made in the proposal for
SARPS for GBAS to support CATIII operations. More particularly it questions the
Ranging Source Monitoring Requirement specified in Appendix B, §3.6.7.3.3. This
requirement is in the form of a constraint region for the acceptable probabilities of missed
detection of a set of defined ranging source failures (Pmd vs |Er| requirement).
CSG members were invited to provide answers to the questions raised in this WP in order
to support validation of the proposed SARPS and increase the general understanding of
the integrity related changes in the proposal for SARPS for GBAS CATIII. CSG
members were invited by the paper to:

   1. Note the importance of getting a better understanding of the derivation of the
      Ranging Source Monitoring requirement specified in Appendix B, §3.6.7.3.3 in
      the form of a constraint region for the acceptable probabilities of missed detection
      of a set of defined ranging source failures.

   2.   Provide answers to the questions raised in this WP in order to support the SARPS
        validation and to increase general understanding of the proposal for SARPs for
        GPS/L1 GBAS CATII and in particular of the integrity related changes.

   3.   Note that guidance material should include explanation of the issues raised in this
        WP.

The group discussed the recommendations and agreed that a clear understanding of the
Ranging Source Monitoring Requirements in Appendix B 3.6.7.3.3 is essential for
validation of the proposed SARPS amendment. It was noted that actions already exist in
the matrix to provide additional explanatory information including guidance material.
Progress on those actions has been slow due to resource being devoted to the current
CAT I certification program.

The group discussed the need for a concise paper describing the proposed requirements
and how they work together in conjunction with air worthiness certifications to provide
safe operations should be developed. Much of this material has been presented in
previous papers, but the story is scattered across too many references and those
references include information which may no longer be pertinent (or even correct). Also,
there are clearly gaps that have not been addressed in any of the papers presented so far.

The group agreed that additional guidance material was needed, and in fact noted that
actions have been assigned to develop that guidance material. However, it was also
agreed that guidance material did not need to address every single issue raised in WP 4 as
some historical/background information may not necessarily be helpful to states as they
apply SARPS.

After discussion, it was agreed that
1) the open questions should be tracked in a matrix used to reference documentation that
give the answers.
2) a concise paper describing the proposed requirements and how they work together in
conjunction with air worthiness certifications to provide safe operations should be
developed. An action was given to Jason Burns to lead an ad-hoc activity to produce that
paper (action 84).

IP 2 – Common Questions concerning GPS/L1 CAT III GBAS
This paper is an update of WP 14 from the Oct07 meeting. This paper has as objective to
provide some background to the current GPS/L1 CAT III GBAS proposal. The first draft
of this paper was reviewed meeting July 2007 (Seattle). The paper captures some of the
main concepts and rationale behind the current proposal. The paper also collects some
unresolved issues and notes areas where additional work is needed. The paper is
intended to be like a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document for the proposal. It is
a working draft that is expected to evolve as the proposal matures. Significant additions
have been made to the paper since the last draft. The work to extend this paper is the
genesis of many of the new questions raised in WP 4 described above. The group
reaffirmed that this “FAQ” paper should continue to be updated.

WP 3- GPS/L1 CAT III GBAS effect on multi-constellation CAT II/III GBAS SARPS
This paper notes that changes, being made in the CAT I GBAS SARPS for a GPS/L1
CAT III GBAS, which uses only GPS L1 (and perhaps GLONASS) signals, will have
implications and possibly limited flexibility for a future CAT II/III GBAS using multiple
signals and constellations.

Recommendations are made for the CSG to consider various aspects of the standards to
ensure that a multi-frequency, multi-constellation CAT II/III GBAS will be easier to
introduce into SARPS in future. These aspects are notably:
              Datalink capacity,
              SARPs structure,
              Terminology and
              Requirements methodology.

WP 3 recommends:

   1. That the members already consider the impact of the VDB capacity when defining
      the GAST D SARPS, based on the need to introduce additional messages and data
      for a multi-constellation CAT II/III GBAS.

   2. That the members consider the possible impact of introducing a multi-
      constellation CATII/III GBAS on the GBAS SARPS structure.

   3. That members consider the implications of the extension of the GST, GAST
      terminology and their lower level classes to a multi-constellation CAT II/III
      GBAS. Some of the implications may already be visible when considering
      GLONASS in the GAST C SARPS.

   4. That members consider the implications of extending the performance
      requirements methodology to multi-constellation CAT II/III GBAS systems.

IP 3 and IP 4 were provided in support of WP 3. However, these IP’s were not presented
or discussed in details. The contents of IP 3 and IP 4 are summarized in WP 3 in support
of the points made by that paper.

The group agreed that some consideration of the extensibility of the current proposal to
support multiple constellation, multiple frequency systems in the future should be done in
support of validation. To this end it was agreed that the recommendations should be
addressed by the development of a working paper to be presented in support of
validation. Further it was agreed that it would be sufficient for validation if an
architecture using 2 core constellations and two frequencies (i.e. L1 and L5/E5) could be
described and then shown to feasibly be accommodated on a single frequency using the
current datalink standard. Andreas Lipp was given the action to lead the effort to develop
this paper (see action 85).

WP 17 - Proposed Changes to GBAS SARPs to Introduce GAST D
This paper presents the latest draft SARPS change proposal to introduce a new service
level intended to support CAT III operations. A drafting group was charged by CSG with
development of a proposed set of SARPs changes that implement the multiple service
types under consideration including the new service type intended to support CAT II/III.
A draft was developed and presented to the CSG in July of 2007. The drafting group
continued to edit this draft over a series of teleconferences. The draft was reviewed
during the last meeting and again over another series of teleconferences which were open
to the entire CSG membership. The attachments to this paper contains the latest draft to
support review and maturation of the SARPs changes during this meeting.
The CSG conducted a paragraph by paragraph review of the Draft SARPS proposal
during the meeting. Chapters 2 & 3 and most of Appendix B were covered. (Guidance
Material has yet to be reviewed by the collective group. During the review a number of
deficiencies in the current draft were identified and some actions were assigned to
address these deficiencies.

5.0       SARPs Maintenance Issues
WP 15 - Proposed Maintenance Changes to GBAS SARPs
This paper summarizes the list of “maintenance” changes to the CAT I GBAS SARPS that the
CSG has accumulated to date. At the last meeting in Montreal (Oct 07), the group agreed that
maintenance changes not directly related to introduction of CAT II/III would be collected in a
separate document along with references to validation material. Dean Rudy was charged with
collecting the known maintenance changes and producing a document.
The group reviewed the document and two issues were noted:
         A typographical error in table B-78 had been identified earlier and needs to be added to
          this list of changes
         The level of validation material needed to support the Guidance Material changes for the
          VHF datalink to provide longer distance coverage was questioned. An action was
          assigned to an ad-hoc committee led by Dean Rudy to investigate whether the validation
          of this change was sufficient. (See action 86)


WP 22 - GBAS Maximum Use Distance (Dmax)
This paper presents the operational drawbacks imposed by the current definition of the
Maximum Use Distance (Dmax) in the SARPS and recommends a change to the
requirement and definition. This issue was introduced at the last meeting and an action
was assigned (action 70) to address this issue. In response the WP reiterates the rationale
for a change to the applicability of Dmax such that only the positioning service is limited
by Dmax. SARPs and Guidance Material changes were proposed in the paper and were
reviewed by the group.

The group agreed to accept the proposal contingent on validation. The required steps for
validation are:
    1) Inspection – Action to Dean Rudy to review the proposed change carefully and
        verify by inspection that no use of Dmax was overlooked or that the proposed
        changes do not introduced unintended consequences (action 87)
    2) Assessment of any Operational impacts. – International GBAS Working Group
        has an activity to address the operational issues associated with Dmax. Andreas
        Lipp will make them aware of this proposed requirements change and bring
        feedback from that group (action 88)
WP 16 - GBAS SARPs Requirements for Excessive RFI
This paper discusses the need for SARPs requirements related to the effects of excessive
Radio Frequency Interference on the Category III GBAS ground subsystem. Several
options are discussed and proposed SARPs changes for each option were presented.
There was some confusion as to whether the Signal in Space integrity level was intended
to cover the case of RFI above the mask. It was noted that both the EUROCAE and the
FAA apparently understood that it does since both organizations introduced derived
ground station requirements associated with integrity performance when operating with
RFI above the mask.

The paper invited the group to:
   a) note the options identified in the paper and provide feedback;
   b) recommend preferred options for further development; and
   c) consider the need for a similar requirement for Category I systems.

During the discussion that ensued, a wide variety of views existed within the group.
Some believed that the SARPs was lacking a requirement with a definitive shall
associated with some ground station requirement on performance in the presence of RFI
above the mask. These people supported the introduction of a requirement for the ground
subsystem similar to the requirement that exists for the airborne system, i.e. “the ground
subsystem shall not produce HMI when operating in the presence of interference above
the mask”. Others believed that the integrity requirement was the fundamental
requirement and that ground subsystem requirements would have to be derived based on
system architecture, receiver technology used and the RF environment and spectrum
protection practices of the state where the GBAS is to be deployed. These people
preferred the option of addressing the issue with additional guidance material explaining
how states could insure the overall integrity requirement is met given the possibility of
interference.

After some discussion, the group agreed to give the issue back to ad-hoc with a stated
preference for options 2 and/or 4/5. The group noted that any new proposed requirement
would need to consider potential impacts to GRAS and the CAT I SARPS.

WP 11 – Operating Frequencies for GBAS
This paper was discussed in a Joint session with SSG.
This working paper suggests that the ITU Radio Regulations have been modified in a
way such that it may be an appropriate time to consider extending the operating
frequency range of GBAS to include 118.0 – 137 MHz. The Working Paper highlights
some of the reasons why this is possible and was intended to stimulate discussion on
whether the extension adds benefit to GBAS operations. The NSP was invited by the
Working Paper to:
   i)   Consider whether the extension of the frequency band used for GBAS would add benefit
        to the introduction of GBAS;
   ii) If necessary add this work to the work programme of the NSP.
The group discussed the proposal and many diverse opinions as the feasibility of such a
suggestion were offered. In general the enthusiasm for the proposal was low. Yet, given
the congestion issues in the VHF navigation band, it could not be argued that the proposal
should not be considered further. Consequently the UK was invited to bring another
paper (action 89) to a future NSP meeting which:
     Gives a detailed example of how a GBAS allocation could be made it the VHF
       com band (118-137 MHz) without giving or receiving harmful interference.
     Estimates the value of the proposition in terms of the amount of spectrum that
       could practically be obtained in this manner and discusses what kind of difference
       this might make on the viability of GBAS, particularly in Europe.


IP 5 – SBAS GEO as GBAS Ranging Source
The use of both GPS satellites and SBAS GEO as ranging sources for GBAS will
improve the Protection Level of GBAS users. Japanese GBAS in Sendai Airport has a
capability of processing both GPS satellites and SBAS satellites as GBAS ranging
sources. In 2007, spike errors were observed at the time of SBAS Type9 Message
update. This information paper provides the study result regarding the cause of this issue
which is originated from the different way of message synchronization between GBAS
ground segment and airborne user. The possibility of potential integrity risk is still under
investigation. Mitigation for this issue had been proposed and implemented in Sendai
GBAS and spikes have been eliminated at present. It will next be investigated as to
whether this issue causes GBAS HMI or not. The mitigation result will be presented at a
future meeting and related SARPs change may be proposed if this issue proves to be the
cause of a GBAS integrity risk.

The paper asserts that it is very important for availability and continuity of GBAS to use
SBAS GEO as ranging source, particularly if the quality of GEO ranging signal could be
equivalent to a GPS ranging signal. However, since the ranging signal quality of current
SBAS GEO is degraded due to the narrow bandwidth of the GEO on-board filter, SBAS
ranging may only be beneficial for SBAS GEO’s of newer generation.

WP 20 - GBAS Ground and Flight Testing Experience
This working paper presents some of the results and provides suggestions for
clarifications and editorial corrections of ICAO Doc 8071 Vol. II chapter 4. The initial
results presented in this paper show a good repeatability of the measurements and support
the Doc 8071 recommendation to limit GBAS flight testing to commissioning and special
events. The paper discusses some of the challenges to implement GBAS flight testing
capability in a flight inspection aircraft.

The NSP members are invited to
         1. note the results provided;
         2. note the good repeatability of the VDB measurements that support the
            recommendation to limit GBAS flight inspection to commissioning and
            special events;
           3. discuss the necessity of a 12 month periodicity for on site measurements
              of the power transmitted in adjacent channels above the fourth that is not
              done for other navigation aids in this frequency band;
           4. clarify the wording of the FAS data points accuracy recommendation;

It was further proposed that the ICAO Secretariat corrects wrong paragraph reference
numbers in the tables II-4-2A, II-4-2B, and II-4-4 in the next release of ICAo Doc 8071
Vol. II.

After some discussion it was agreed that a small group would produce a flimsy that
consolidated and summarized the changes to Doc 8071 proposed in the paper. This
group produced flimsy 3 (“Future ICAO Doc 8071 Vol. II Chapter 4 GBAS updates”)
which was reviewed by the CSG.

The CSG agreed that as experience with GBAS was gained and those experiences should
enable improvements to Doc 8071, Vol. II. The group resolved that proposed changes to
Doc 8071 should be accumulated in a list in much the same manner that GBAS SARPS
Maintenance changes are being accumulated. Winfried Dunkel volunteered to manage
the accumulation of changes for Doc 8071, Vol. II for the CSG.

6.0    Future Work Program
Future Work Plan
The CSG established the work schedule below to progress the development of standards
for GBAS to support CAT II/III. Between now and the next meeting (to be held in
Toulouse), the subgroup will work via email and teleconference. A small drafting group
will continue development of the SARPs change proposal. The members of the drafting
group are: Tim Murphy, Barbara Clark, Andreas Lipp, Pierre Ladoux, and Kim Class.
The schedule for development is as follows:
          Milestone                 Responsible                          Date
Circulate draft               Tim Murphy                      4/4/2008
incorporating edits from
this meeting (v 0.5)
Concept Paper Draft to        Jason Burns                     5/6/08
CSG
Teleconference to review      All CSG                         5/13/08
draft of the concept paper.
Written Comments on Next      All CSG                         5/23/08
Draft incorporating edits
from this meeting due
Teleconference to address     All interested CSG Parties      5/27/08
the outstanding questions
list
Revised draft (v 0.6) –       Tim Murphy                      6/6/08
addressing comment round
to extent possible
First Draft Validation        Dean Rudy                       6/6/08
Matrix for version (v 0.6)
Teleconference – coordinate   All CSG                         6/17/08
for July Meeting
CSG Meeting – Summer          CSG                             July 8-10 2008, Toulouse
(Toulouse)
CSG Meeting - Fall            CSG                             Oct 27 – Oct 30, 2008 -
                                                              Montreal


The group defined the following schedule for teleconferences:

Teleconferences: All teleconferences begin at 6 AM Seattle, WA, USA time unless
otherwise indicated.
5/13/08 – Teleconference to review concept paper
5/27/08 – Teleconference to discuss outstanding questions paper
6/17/08 – Teleconference to coordinate for July Meeting

Drafting group teleconferences will be scheduled as needed.

The group reviewed and updated the actions list and issues matrix provided in
Attachment C.

7.0    Summary and Conclusions
The CSG continues to make progress towards the development of standards for GBAS to
support CAT II/III operations. The goal of initial SARPs development and validation by
the end of 2008 appears infeasible. Progress on the SARPs has been impeded by the fact
that some of the resources needed to complete and validate the standards are still very
engaged in the current CAT I program. The revised goal is a stable draft and technical
validation sufficient to support acceptance by WG 1 by the NSP meeting in 2Q 2009.

A series of teleconferences and one additional meeting (beyond the two normal joint
meetings) are planned for 2008. The group will continue to work via email and
teleconferences between meetings.
Attachment A Agenda: CAT II/III Subgroup Meeting July 23-25, 2007 -Seattle

                                  Proposed Agenda

   1. Agenda review
   2. Review the Status of GBAS Development
         Around the room: States report on the status of GBAS projects – (IP 21)
   3. Subjects to be Discussed (CSG Agenda Items)
         GBAS SARPs Issues
             a. GBAS SARPS Maintenance Changes (WP 15, WP 22)
             b. GBAS SARPs Requirements for Excessive RFI (WP 16)
             c. GBAS Spectrum (WP 11)
             d. SBAS Ranging Sources in GBAS (IP 5)
         GBAS cat II/III
             e. Requirements Development (WP 4, IP 2)
             f. Implication of GAST D Proposal on Future Mulit-
                Constellation/Frequency GBAS (WP 3, IP 3, IP 4)
             g. Review of Draft SARPs Changes for GAST D (WP 17)
   4. Discussion of the Work Plan
       Review of the Work Plan (Actions, flimsy to come)
         Review Issues list and status matrix (Attachment B)
         Plan for next meeting
Attachment B LIST OF WORKING PAPERS for CSG Meeting – July 23-25, 2007 -Seattle
WP No.    Agenda                            Subject                         Presented by
           Item
                   GPS/L1 CAT III GBAS effect on multi-constellation      G.Gulean and
   3       3.f
                   CAT II/III GBAS SARPS                                  P.Flament
                   Open Questions on the proposed GPS/L1 GBAS CAT III
   4       3.e     SARPS and the Ranging Source Monitoring                G.Gulean
                   Requirements
   11      3.c     Operating Frequencies for GBAS                         K.Ashton

   15      3.a     Proposed Maintenance Changes to GBAS SARPs             T.Murphy

   16      3.b     GBAS SARPs Requirements for Excessive RFI              T.Murphy
                   Proposed Changes to GBAS SARPs to Introduce GAST
   17      3.g                                                            T.Murphy
                   D
   22      3.a     GBAS Maximum Use Distance (Dmax)                       T Murphy

 IP No.   Agenda                            Subject                         Presented by
           Item
   2       3.e     Common Questions concerning GPS/L1 CAT III GBAS        G.Gulean
                   Study of the effect of the GPS/L1 CAT III GBAS on
   3       3.f                                                            G.Gulean
                   multi-constellation CAT II/III GBAS SARPS
                   Galileo/GPS multi constellation multi frequency GBAS
   4       3.f                                                            G.Gulean
                   and GAST D - Implications on the VDB capacity -
   5       3.d     SBAS GEO as GBAS Ranging Source                        T.Ueki

   21       2      FAA GBAS Status Update                                 Bruce DeCleene


 Flimsy   Agenda                            Subject                         Presented by
  No.      Item
    1              CAT II/III Subgroup Agenda and Supporting Material     CSG Rapporteur

   3       3.a     Future ICAO Doc 8071 Vol. II Chapter 4 GBAS updates    Stefan Naerlich
      Attachment C Revised Issues List and Action Plan as a Result of CSG Meeting - July 23-25 , 2007 Seattle


Number    Action                                                           Volunteer       Due By           Status
  1       Perform a limit case analysis for ILS to establish comparative   Barbara Clark   .?               10/10/2002 – Barbara Clark
          baseline                                                                                          reported that the FAA has been
                                                                                                            unable to make progress on this
                                                                                                            item. The FAA is investigating an
                                                                                                            alternate approach. None of the
                                                                                                            subgroup members picked up this
                                                                                                            action item. Status – inactive.
                                                                                                            OBE given work on
                                                                                                            EURCAE/RTCA limit case
                                                                                                            analysis. Closed
  2       Research ICAO requirements for terrain prior to threshold.       Bob Jeans       Next             GNSSP WGH San Antonio – WP
          Produce a summary and circulate                                                  Teleconference   19 Closed
                                                                                           ~ 1 Mo.
  3       Ensure that Curt Shively gets Pierre Gayraud’s comments to       Barbara Clark   ASAP             Completed – Closed
          his paper.
  4       Post Curt Shively’s paper on the website for peer review.        Tim Murphy Next                  Closed
                                                                                      Teleconference
                                                                                      ~ 1 Mo.
  5       Harmonize computational models to ensure everyone is getting Tim Murphy, ASAP. Report             10/10/2002 – Discussion during
          the same results.                                            Barbara Clark, at next               Phone Conference
                                                                       Juan Jose      teleconference        GNSSP WGH IP-6. On offline
                                                                       Navarro                              teleconference is planned for
                                                                                                            sometime in 11/02 – Closed
                                                                                                            (Toulouse Meeting)
  6       Provide information relative to harmonization of GBAS            Steve           Provide          GNSSP WGH San Antonio - WP
          approaches with visual aids. (This relates to the viability of   Leighton        information      20 Closed
     fixing the threshold crossing height).                                          ASAP for
                                                                                     circulation.
7    Review the Issues matrix and identify any missing issues that   All (assigned   Teleconference     Open: Nothing added since Oct
     need to be resolved for validation.                             10/22/02)       in December        2005.
                                                                                     2002. Next
                                                                                     teleconference
                                                                                     (Aug 2005)
8    Review and compare RTCA and EURCAE methodologies that           Barbara Clark   Distribute (post   Closed: NSP WG 1 Flimsy 4
     resulted in 5.3 and 4.4 meter VAL’s respectively                & Christophe    to web site) by    11/2003.
                                                                     Dehaynain       December
                                                                     (assigned       Teleconference
                                                                     10/22/02)
9    Present the draft airborne requirement for code-carrier         Barbara Clark   Teleconference     Closed – Reference RTCA
     divergence monitoring currently being developed by RTCA.        (assigned       Jan 2004.          MASPS
                                                                     11/16/03)
10   Verify Calculations in CSG/2 WP/10 for ILS CRM                  Andreas Lipp    St. Petersburg     Closed: See item 23.
     displacement distributions                                      and Juan Jose   meeting
                                                                     Navarro         Phuket Meeting

11   Coordinate with OCP member on CRM comparison analysis.          Andreas Lipp    By                 Closed: Coordination done: St
     Get feedback on CSG/2 WP 10                                                     Teleconference     Petersburg paper WP 21
12   Draft SARPs and Guidance Material on GBAS approach              Randy           Draft for review   Closed: OBE see later action…
     service level of service. Based on CSG/2 WP 8                   Hartman Tim     at next
                                                                     Murphy and      teleconference
                                                                     Barbara Clark   meeting
13   Provide additional information on Radar Altimeter integration   Juan Jose                          Closed (OBE)
     in CSG/2 IP/2                                                   Navarro JJN
14   Draft WP on High Level Requirements. Ref CSG/2 Flimsy 1         Dean Rudy       Draft for review   Closed – WP XX St Petersburg
                                                                                     at next
                                                                                     teleconference
15   Discuss path bias at break out issues related to biased          T. Murphy       AWOHWG           Open: – Discussion with
     touchdown point with AWOHWG                                                      Meeting 3/8/04   AWOHWG on 3/8/04. Need
                                                                                                       reference for summary.
16   Prepare a working paper on the signal model for review by        T. Murphy       St. Petersburg   Closed – Montreal IP 17
     CSG                                                                              WGW
17   Prepare a WP paper on the need for CMN. Should include a         Dominique       St. Petersburg   Closed – St P WP 30.
     proposed form of the requirement.                                Pomies          WGW
18   Discuss fixed TCH with AWOHWG                                    T. Murphy &     AWOHWG          Open - Discussion on 3/8/04.
                                                                      B. Clark        Meeting 3/8/04  Need reference for summary.
                                                                                                      Inactive. Closed (051019)
19   Prepare working paper on alternative convolution methods.        T. Murphy      St. Petersburg   Closed: Closed based on WP 52
                                                                                     CSG/3            @ Bangkok Meeting.
20   Prepare a working paper explaining why the change of             Barbara Clark, Barbara to bring Closed: WP 18 Bangkok Meeting
     terminology from “per approach” to “in any one operation”        Bob Jeans and paper to
     was adopted and why this does not constitute any subtle          Christophe     Bangkok
     change in meaning that will invalidate any existing systems      Dehaynian
     based on the previous requirements.
21   Modify GBAS draft SARPs to align with most recent version        Tim Murphy      Tim to bring     Open Closed : WP 41 Monteal
     (post GRAS updates) and implement suggested structure for        and Barbara     paper to         10/05
     inclusion of service level table in the Guidance material.       Clark           Montreal
                                                                                      Meeting
22   Write a paper to address recommendation b) in WP 21 from         Andreas Lipp    Bangkok          Closed: WP 22 Bangkok Meeting
     the St. Petersburg meeting: “ensure that these assumptions are                   meeting
     met for the CAT II system.”
23   Coordinate on the independent verification of the                Tim Murphy,     Tim to bring     Open Closed WP 32 Montreal
     computational results of WP 10 from the Toulouse meeting.        Andreas Lipp    paper to         10/05
     Ensure that the worst case conditions as addressed in WP 21      and Juan Jose   Montreal
     from the St. Petersburg meeting are accounted for.               Navarro         Andreas to
                                                                                      bring paper to
                                                                                      Montreal
24   Consider the requirements for facility classifications and come   All CSG        Bangkok           Closed: OBE see Actions 28 and
     to the next meeting prepared to make a decision regarding         members        meeting           29
     whether integrity and continuity should be separated or                          Bob Jeans to
     combined.                                                                        bring paper to
                                                                                      Bangkok
25   Consider the need for an approach classification scheme and       All CSG        Low priority      Open: Addressed in WP 46 at
     provide feedback. Needs to be matured maybe. Not a high           members        until more        Bangkok.
     priority item.                                                                   mature proposal   Discussed again in WP 30, Delhi
                                                                                      is made           03/07
                                                                                                         Further discussion required.
                                                                                                        Closed – OBE. Plan to use it in
                                                                                                        the draft.
26   Clarification of how method 2 relates VAL to the 10-9 integrity Barbara Clark    Montreal          Progress towards action in WP 40
     requirement. Address the issue of noisy measurements vice                        Brussels          of Bangkok Meeting
     other types of failures.                                                         Meeting           WP – 63 & 64 from Brussels 2006
                                                                                      FAA to bring      Closed 5/06 Brussels
                                                                                      paper
27   Prepare a paper on the need for and form of lower level           Jason Burns    Bangkok           Open: Progress towards action in
     requirements to support method 2.                                                Brussels          WP 40 of Bangkok Meeting.
                                                                                      Meeting           More discussion in IP 18 of
                                                                                      FAA to bring      Montreal Meeting.
                                                                                      paper             WP – 63 & 64 from Brussels 2006
                                                                                                        Closed 5/06 Brussels
28   Andreas Lipp to draft a paper on GBAS service levels and          Andreas Lipp   Next Mtg in       Opened 5/12/2005
     facility classifications with emphasis on requirements arising                   Montreal          Closed: WP 31 Montreal 2006
     from operational use of the classification scheme                                                  Meeting
29   CSG Members to consider operational use of a classification       All CSG        Inputs to next    Opened 5/12/2005
     scheme for GBAS ground equipment, airborne equipment,             Members        mtg in Montreal   WP 31 Montreal mtg.
     approach facility and SIS service levels and make inputs at the                                    Closed 3/07 Delhi Meeting
     next meeting.                                                                                      Reference Action 48&49
30   Consider if it is operationally acceptable to have a “critical     All CSG        Inputs to next      Opened 5/12/2005
     satellite check” and to not allow the initiation of the approach   Members        meeting in          WP 35 Montreal Mtg.
     based on a small probability that the approach will not be able                   Montreal            WP 61 – 5/06 Brussels
     to be completed.                                                                  ICCAIA to           Closed 05/06
                                                                                       bring paper to
                                                                                       the next
                                                                                       meeting (to
                                                                                       include
                                                                                       feedback from
                                                                                       Airbus ops)
                                                                                       Agreed we will
                                                                                       find a way to
                                                                                       avoid a critical
                                                                                       satellite check
31   Barbara Clark to take WP 21 (Bangkok Meeting) to next              Barbara Clark Report status at     5/12/2005
     RTCA to solicit feedback.                                          and/or         next                Completed
                                                                        Richard Idiens teleconference      Closed: - :
32   Define terminology and interpretations of alert limits.            Bob Jeans,     Draft ready by      5/12/2005
                                                                        Barbara Clark, next                Closed: WP 14 Montreal.
                                                                        and Dean       teleconference.     Discussion at Montreal Meeting
                                                                        Rudy           Paper for the       and Actions 26 and 27.
                                                                                       Montreal
                                                                                       Meeting
33   Tim Murphy to schedule a telecon (in August) to progress the       Tim Murphy     July 20             5/12/2005
     alert limit discussion.                                                                               Closed:
34   Define the use of 10-5 TSE criteria on derivation of the alert     Barbara Clark   Paper (or 2) for   Opened 10/20/2004
     limits.                                                            and Bob Jeans   the Montreal       IP 18 Montreal describes RTCA
                                                                                        Brussels           approach to use of 10-5.
                                                                                        Meeting            Closed 05/06 – Brussels
35   Provide, as available, data from GBAS Ionosphere work (short       Keith           Lower priority     Opened 10/19/2005
     baseline).                                                         McPherson                          WP19 Montreal 06 (European
                                                                                                         Commission)
36   Refine Example SARPs and Guidance material                        Tim, Andreas    India Meeting     Opened 10/19/2005
     modification/reorganization according to facility type, service   Barb            (Seattle          Closed 10/07– Draft exists turned
     levels and approach classifications                                               meeting)          over to drafting group .
37   Review if approach selection method in WP 58 of the               Andreas Lipp    Brussels          Opened 10/19/2005
     Montreal meeting, adequately addressing operational Issues                        Meeting           WP - 31 Brussels
     Considered in WP 34 of the Montreal Meeting. Include                                                Closed: 05.06 Brussels
     consideration of whether WP 58 introduces any new
     operational considerations.
38   Develop a high level requirements validation matrix.              Dean Rudy/      Review in         Opened 10/19/2005
                                                                       Bob Jeans       Teleconference    IP 26 – Brussels.
                                                                                       in December 05    Closed: 05/06 – Brussels (See
                                                                                                         Action 40)
39   Review previous papers presented to NSP on GBAS and see           Advisor to US   Montreal          Opened 5/15/60
     what contributions can be made to the next version for            member          Meeting 06        Jason Burns contributed to WP6
     Montreal. This version is intended to identify the current (as                                      Montreal 06
     opposed to long-term) iono situation.                                                               Closed 10/06
40   Update and revise IP-26 into a high level requirements            Dean Rudy       1 week prior to   Opened 5/15/60
     validation matrix prior to the 3rd week of June (i.e..                            first             Dean Rudy completed this action
                                                                                       teleconference    Closed 10/06
                                                                                       (June 15, 2006)
41   Update second version of the matrix with flimsy 15 (Montreal      Barbara         First             Opened 10/06
     06).                                                                              Teleconference    Teleconference {look it up}
                                                                                       after Montreal    Closed: Teleconference date {look
                                                                                       meeting           it up}
42   Independent verification of average continuity analysis in        Dave Jensen     India Meeting     Opened 10/06
     WP51 Montreal 06, considering both GBAS and GRAS.                                                   Closed 3/07
                                                                                                         WP-31 Delhi 3/07
43   Review and improve continuity guidance material.                  Jason Burns     India Meeting     Opened 10/06
     Improvement should be in light of proposed WP 51 change                                             Closed: 3/07
     and in view of change of continuity requirement to average                                             WP-44 Delhi 3/07
     continuity (i.e. there are positioning service implications etc,).
44   Develop the validation package for proposal in WP 51                 Dean Rudy     India Meeting       Opened 10/06
     (Montreal 06)                                                        (lead), Dave                      Closed: 3/07
                                                                          Jensen, Jason                     WP-44, Delhi 3/07
                                                                          Burns, Bob
                                                                          Jeans
45   Revisit the VDB link budget and airborne minimum field               Jeff Bollard  India Meeting       Opened 10/06
     strength for the positioning service for GRAS application            (lead) Tim                        Reference WP 23 Montreal 06
     supporting terminal and en-route. The task group will review         Murphy, Dave                      Closed 3/07
     and revise the link budget as necessary and make appropriate         Jensen                            WP-21. Delhi 3/07
     recommendations at the India meeting. The group will also                                              & IP-22 Delhi 3/07
     consider validation requirements.
46   Bring WP 23 Montreal 06 to the attention of RTCA SC-159              Barbara Clark   Next RTCA         Opened 10/06
     WG-8                                                                                 Meeting           Reference WP 23 Montreal 06
                                                                                                            {Closed: Jan SC159 mtg: FRAC
                                                                                                            on MOPS postponed until 45
                                                                                                            resolved}
47   Develop guidance material for siting and frequency                   Jeff Bollard/   Next meeting in   Opened 03/07
     management for VDB coverage for the positioning service.             Dave Jensen     Montreal          Reference WP 21 Delhi 07
     The material should include graphs similar to those that exist                       (10/07)           Reference WP 6 Montreal 07
     for VOR in the SARPS today. The Proposal should also                                                   Flimsy 5 Montreal 07
     consider adjacent channel and co-channel interference issues.                                          Closed 07/10 – Montreal
48   Introduce the proposed Service Level, Facility Class, Airborne       Andreas Lipp    Montreal          Opened 03/07
     Equipment Class and Approach Class classification schemes                            Meeting 10/07     Reference WP 30, Delhi, 2007
     into the Eurocontrol ConOps study and provide feedback                                                 OBE – Closed 10/07
49   Consider the proposed Multi-service level capable equipment          Andreas Lipp    Montreal 10/07    Opened 03/07
     operating concept in the context of the Eurocontrol ConOps                           Meeting           Reference WP 30, Delhi, 2007
     study.                                                                                                 Closed 10/07
50   Further develop the concept of TSE based CAT II/III                  Naoki Fujii     Montreal 10/07    Opened 03/07
     requirements. Discuss the relative advantages and                               Meeting           WP 20, Delhi 3/07
     disadvantages of the proposed approach with respect to the                                        Closed 10/07 Reference WP 18
     issues discussed in WP 43 presented in Delhi (3/2007)                                             Montreal 10/07
51   Consider the Iono Gradient Threat mitigation strategy            CSG            Montreal 10/07    Opened
     discussed in WP 26 and provide comments.                         Members        Meeting           WP 26, Delhi, 03/07
                                                                                                       Flimsy 3 – Montreal 10/07
                                                                                                       Closed 10/07
52   Provide more detailed example information regarding              Jason Burns    Seattle Meeting   Opened 3/07
     proposed requirements form discussed in WP 28, Delhi 07                                           WP 28 Delhi, 3/07
                                                                                                       Closed:
                                                                                                       WP 4 Seattle CSG Meeting 7/07
53   Revisit the note attached to 3.7.2.4 and rewrite as necessary.   Jason Burns    Drafting Group    Opened 7/07 WP 5 Seattle
                                                                                     Teleconference    Drafting group decided it wasn’t
                                                                                     Sept 14th         necessary.
                                                                                     3/4/2008          Closed 4/08
54   Open issue: inputs from the group to Tim Murphy regarding        CSG            Comments by       Opened 7/07 WP 5 Seattle
     whether GAST D should have a FASVAL/FASLAL in the                Members        Oct 1st to Tim    Drafting Group Dispositioned and
     directory that can be different than the FASVAL/FASLAL in                       Murphy            made change
     the Type 4 message.                                                                               Closed 10/07
55   Open issue: inputs from the group to Tim Murphy regarding        CSG            Comments by       Opened 7/07 WP 5
     whether coding P30 to zero should be allowed. Should all        Members        Oct 1st to Tim    Drafting group dispositioned
     GAST D capable stations be required to support Additional                       Murphy            Closed 10/07
     MB 3 on Type 2 message?
56   Look at datalink bandwidth implications of proposal              Jason Burns    Montreal 10/07    Opened 7/07 Seattle CSG Meeting
                                                                                     Oct 2008 mtg
57   Provide additional information from GIANT study regarding        Hans Birli/    Montreal 10/07    Opened 7/07 Seattle CSG
     compatibility of proposal with end state that includes Galileo   Andreas Lipp   (as much          Meeting. Presentations at LATO
                                                                                     information is    – to be combined at Montreal.
                                                                                     available then)   Mar08 WP 3, IP 3 & 4 – see
                                                                                     Next telecom if   action 85
                                                                                           availablePaper    Closed 03/08 meeting
                                                                                           at Monreal Mtg.
                                                                                           0803
58   First cut at validation matrix for proposal                           Dean Rudy       Montreal          Opened 7/07 Seattle CSG Meeting
                                                                                           Mar Meeting
                                                                                           08
59   Clarify relationship of ranging source failure prior-                 Jason           Montreal Mar      Opened 7/07
     probabilities to the Probability of Missed detection monitoring                       08 Meeting –      Seattle 7/07 WP 1 briefings
     performance constraints.                                                              Paper at          Needs to be covered in action (85)
                                                                                           Montreal mtg.
60   Look at potential for additional efficiency of MT 11 (by              Honeywell                         Closed 10/07 – verbal report
     deleting all redundant information with MT 1).
61   Write a paper for the next meeting regarding validation of            Ground          Montreal 07       Opened 7/07
     monitor performance requirements                                      Station         july08 Meeting    Seattle CSG 7/07 WP 5
                                                                           Manufacturers
62   Consider how the proposed requirements could be validated             All CSG         Montreal 07       Opened 7/07 Seattle CSG
     and how your organization might be able to support with data          members.        July Meeting
     or analysis
63   Consider the implications of Service Type selection via MT 9          Jeff Bollard    Montreal (or      Opened 7/07 Seattle CSG 7/07
     on GRAS                                                                               sooner)           Closed 10/07
64   Comment and Provide corrections to WP 14 to A. Lipp as                All CSG         Mar 31 Meeting    Opened 10/07 Montreal
     necessary                                                             Members                           IP 2 03/08
                                                                                                             Closed 3/08 Montreal
65   Develop guidance material containing a • A brief                      T Murphy        Feb 08 draft      Opened 10/07 Montreal
     explanation of how the Ranging Source Monitoring                                      Next
     requirement (i.e. Pmd constraint region) can be applied in                            teleconference
     aircraft certifications to model the failure characteristics of the
     ground facility for use in simulation or analysis. (Address
     geometry screening and other ‘non-standardized’
     requirements.
66   Develop guidance material regarding how a given ranging        Jason B and     Feb 08 draft      Opened 10/07 Montreal
     source threat and a monitor’s response to that threat can be   Dave J. –       Next              Reference WP 53 Oct 2006. gave
     translated into the requirement’s parameter |Er|.              Other           Teleconference/   an example for SQM.
                                                                    manufactures    08
                                                                    welcome
67   Develop guidance material regarding verification of monitor    Dave J          Feb 08 draft      Opened 10/07 Montreal
     performance
68   Revise section 3.7.3.5.3 on coverage to classify by Approach   Tim and Barb    12/13 telecon     Opened 10/07
     Facility Coverage Element                                                                        Draft v0.4 incorporated
                                                                                                      Closed 03/08
69   Coordinate on Spectrum protection issues for VDB guidance      Dave J. and     March Meeting     Opened 10/07 Montreal –
     material – maintenance change. Package given to Dean Rudy      Barbara C.                        Flimsy 5 , WP 10
     for inclusion in SARPs maintenance.
70   Lead ad-hoc to develop SARPs and GM mods for the CAT I         Kim Class       March 08          Opened 10/07
     Dmax change. (Kim Class, Barbara Clark, Jason Burns. +                         Meeting           Montreal 07 flimsy 6
     others.)                                                                                         WP 22 03/08 Montreal – proposed
                                                                                                      changes
                                                                                                      See actions (87 & 88 for
                                                                                                      validation activity)
                                                                                                      Closed 3/08 Montreal

71   Review Deletion of Pej(P30)                                    All             Comments to       Opened Telecon 12/13/07
                                                                                    retain by         Resolved to delete P30
                                                                                    2/19/08           Closed Telecon 2/19/08
72   Craft note for 3.6.4.3.2.2 pointing to guidance material       Barbara Clark   By 2/4/2008       Opened Telecon 12/13/07
                                                                                    telecon           Tim Murphy added the note and
                                                                                    Review in         added a reference to expanded
                                                                                    Montreal 4/08     guidance material in section 7.5.6.
                                                                                                      Closed 3/08 Montreal
73   Check all uses of FAST vs. GFC                                 T. Murphy                         Opened Telecon 12/13/07
                                                                                                         Made a pass at this and made
                                                                                                         many changes 3/19/08.
                                                                                                         Closed 3/08 Montreal
74   Revise section 3.6.7.2.3.5.2                                      Jason           By 4/08 telecon   Opened Telecon 12/13/07
75   Add functional requirement that ground station should track all   D. Jensen       By 2/19/08        Opened Telecon 12/14/07
     satellites above some elevation angle for GFC D
76   Add function requirement for independence of satellite            D. Jensen       2/19/08           Opened Telecon 12/14/07
     corrections for GFC D
77   Add requirement that if sigma_prgnd in MT 1 is invalid            T. Murphy       By 2/19/08        Opened Telecon 12/14/07
     sigma_prgnd in MT 11 must be invalid                                              telecon           Completed in 080214 draft
                                                                                                         Closed telecom 2/19/08
78   3.6.5.6 – VAL and HAL definitions stop at 100 ft. Look at         Tim             By 2/19/08        Opened Telecon 1/15/08
     this and figure out what to do.                                                   telecon           Proposed fix in 080214 draft
                                                                                                         Rejected in discussion
                                                                                                         Revisit after guidance material is
                                                                                                         more mature.
                                                                                                         Closed telecom 2/29/08
79   Fix reference to interference in 3.6.7.3.3. Consider a generic    Bob Jeans and   2/19/08 telecon   Opened Telecon 1/15/08
     requirement or GM or adding a statement related to all            Andreas Lipp                      Paper presented to 2/19/2008
     integrity requirements                                                                              teleconference – Closed (see
                                                                                                         action 82. Agreed to remove RF
                                                                                                         environment reference in
                                                                                                         3.6.7.3.3)
80   Reference to MOPS in Note 2 of 3.6.7.3.3 needs to be changed      Tim Murphy      2/19/08 telecon   Opened Telecon 1/15/08
                                                                                                         Proposal which is consistent with
                                                                                                         how this was handled in SBAS is
                                                                                                         included in the 080214 draft
                                                                                                         Closed 3/08 Montreal
81   Section 3.6.7.3.3 – Monitor action is undefined. Consider how B. Jeans and                          Opened Telecon 1/15/08
     to fix this.                                                  A. Lipp                               T. Murphy proposal is in draft
                                                                                                          080214 along with changes
                                                                                                          resulting from comments at last
                                                                                                          RTCA meeting. Closed 3/4/08
                                                                                                          telecon.

82   Proposal for requirement on interference above the MASK          B. Jeans/B.      3/4/2008           Opened Telecon 2/19/2008 –
                                                                      Clark/ D.        Prepare paper      Paper from Bob Jeans and
                                                                      Jensen           for 3/24/08        Andreas Lipp. Discussed options
                                                                                       deadline – goal    3/4/08. Added members.
                                                                                       of one             WP 16 3/08 Montreal meeting
                                                                                       recommended        Discussed by CSG – remanded
                                                                                       option.            back to ad-hoc.
83   Consider re-organization of the monitor requirements             Bob Jeans/A.     3/4/2008           Opened Telecon 2/19/2008 –
     (3.6.7.3.3. along with 3.6.7.2.6 and 3.6.7.3 in general) etc.    Lipp and B.                         Paper from Bob Jeans and
                                                                      Clark                               Andreas Lipp Closed 3/4/08 –
                                                                                                          move the existing req to monitor
                                                                                                          section. Proposal in next draft
84   Ad hoc activity to produce paper that concisely describes        Jason Burns to   Report status at   Opened Mar 2008 meeting.
     requirements methodology and answers outstanding open            lead (Tim M.,    next
     issues from Mar 08 WP 4                                          Geoff B.,        teleconference.
                                                                      Andreas L.,
                                                                      Pierre G.,
                                                                      Angeline B. to
                                                                      participate)
85   Develop a paper addressing future multi-constellation, multi-    Andreas Lipp     Oct 2008           Opened Mar 2008 meeting.
     frequency GBAS. Define a hypothetical architecture and           (Tim Murphy      meeting
     assess the viability of that architecture to be supported by a   and ICCAIA
     single frequency given the impact of MT 11 and the current       to support).
     GBAS change proposal for GAST D. Also consider the
     extensibility of the classification scheme and requirements
     methodology.
86   Review the validation of the VHF data broadcast Guidance         Dean Rundy     July Meeting      Opened Mar 2008 meeting.
     material changes (WP 15 Mar08) for sufficiency                                  08.
87   Dmax Change validation: Inspection – Review the proposed         Dean Rudy      Validation        Opened Mar 2008 meeting
     change in WP 22 (Mar 08) carefully and verify by inspection                     Paper at July
     that no use of Dmax was overlooked or that the proposed                         Meeting
     changes do not introduced unintended consequences
88   Dmax Change: Assessment of any Operational impacts. –            Andreas Lipp   Oral Report at    Opened Mar 2008 meeting
     International GBAS Working Group has an activity to address                     Next
     the operational issues associated with Dmax. Make them                          teleconference.
     aware of th proposed requirements change in WP 22 and bring                     Paper for July
     feedback from that group.                                                       Meeting

89   Bring another paper expanding on the proposal in WP 11 (Mar      Ken Ashton     Furture WG        Opened Mar 2008 meeting
     08). Such a paper should:                                                       meeting of
          Gives a detailed example of how a GBAS allocation                         Ken’s Choice
            could be made it the VHF com band (118-137 MHz)
            without giving or receiving harmful interference.
          Estimate the value of the proposition in terms of the
            amount of spectrum that could practically be obtained
            in this manner and discuss what kind of difference this
            might make on the viability of GBAS, particularly in
            Europe.
90   Need clarification of “TTA” vs. Time to Detect (“TTD”)           Tim            July Meeting      Opened Mar 2008 meeting
     requirements for GAST D                                          Murphy/Jason
                                                                      Burns
91   Validation of 8ft requirement for coverage requirment            Dominique P.   July Meeting      Opened Mar 2008 meeting
92   Clean up Continuity Requirement for GAST D                       Dean Rudy      Next              Opened Mar 2008 meeting
                                                                                     Teleconference
List of Comments and Issues Associated with Proposed Method for Developing Requirements for a Service Level to Support
CAT II/III Operations.
 Issue Issue                                                                                 Assigned   Status
Number                                                                                       to
   1   Since WP 19 gave example calculations based on simulated auto-land                    Tim        Closed: WP 24 from Rio addresses
       performance characteristics for Boeing aircraft only, to be complete the              Murphy     the extension of the methodology to
       concept must be broadened to address:                                                            a worst case airplane performance.
       Performance representative of other non-Boeing types of aircraft and on-                         Manual landing issues are covered
       board architectures with different Auto-land logic, manual landings with                         under item #5
       flight director for CAT II operations
   2   Determine whether the proposed approach would exclude certain aircraft                Bruce      Bruce to research the applicable
       types that would otherwise be certifiable for CAT III operations under the            DeCleene   certification requirements for
       “ILS look-alike” strategy.                                                            &          retrofit of older airplanes. Inactive
                                                                                             ICCAIA     until we have concrete proposals.
                                                                                                        OBE per the Brussels Decision (see
                                                                                                        the HLR Validation matrix)
                                                                                                        Closed 10/06: Subgroup has agreed
                                                                                                        that standards (for GSLD) do not
                                                                                                        have to support all conceivable
                                                                                                        airplane types
   3      Combined with item 5                                                               N/A        Closed:


   4      Is it valid to use conditional probability of NSE for alert limit determination?   Tim        Open: 10/29/02 – Group consensus
          We didn’t do this for Cat I alert limit. Do we need to consider the                Murphy     that limit case and conditional
          acceptability of approaches at any value of NSE up to the alert limit?             /FAA       probability approaches should be
                                                                                                        studied in parallel
   5      Analysis is for touchdown dispersion only. This gives a good indication of         Tim        Open:
          navigation system accuracy required to meet touchdown dispersion with              Murphy     Item 5a addressed by San Antonio WP 20
          system operating normally. Other factors also need to be considered:                          (Closed)
    Appendix B shows larger variation in TCH than ILS. Is there any                             Item 5c addressed by CSG/2 WP 10
    operational significance in this?
    a) harmonization with visual aids
    b) pilot acceptance at NSE values up to alert limit including visual reference
    at DH, particularly for Cat II and Cat IIIA.
    c) obstacle clearance and CRM
6   Need to check WP/19 calculation of CAT II NSE (pg 14) against calculation        Bob        Closed: WP 46 Banff
    in RNP manual. The AWOP method was to calculate NSE from ILS and                 Jeans
    RSS with FTE. So result should be should be compatible.
7   Need to assess consider possible impacts of proposed philosophy outside of       Tim        Open: 10/29 – Group agreed that
    GNSSP activities, including:                                                     Murphy     coordination with FAA/JAA
    Impact on Aircraft Systems                                                       & Bruce    AWOHWG was to be pursued.
    Impact to airworthiness certification                                            DeCleene   3/5/04 – CSG/2 WP 10 evaluates
    Impact to crew operations and ATC procedures (e.g. procedure design                         impact to ILS CRM OAS’s.
    including approach plates, OC-P issues, pilot training, etc.)
8   Proposed concept assumes Radar Altimeter (RA) will always be used for            Tim        Closed: - 10/30/01 Group agreed to
    flare guidance. Is this a justifiable assumption?                                Murphy     close the issue as per discussion of
                                                                                                flimsy 22. Updated methodology
                                                                                                does not explicitly use radio
                                                                                                altimeter performance.
9   Is it necessary to complement the statistical approach presented in WP 19        Jean-      Closed:
    with a Worst Case Analysis (WCA)? Worst case analysis in this case               Pierre     10/30/01 – Marcus Brun to confirm
    consists of identifying all adverse events that may create positions errors,     Magny      continued interest in the issue.
    analyzing scenarios of possible accumulation of failures. Note: We can try                  10/22/02 – Issue closed due to lack
    to investigate with a new methodology called “Area of Changes” set-up by                    of further interest. Worst case
    the Future Hazards Working Group (FAA-JAA-Boeing-Airbus-Airlines).                          analysis is covered under item
    AI: Jean-Pierre Magny to provide information on Area-of-changes.

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:11
posted:8/29/2012
language:Latin
pages:30