VIEWS: 4 PAGES: 10 POSTED ON: 8/28/2012
Dynasties to Communism Ch. 17 Sec. 2 Pp. 500-504 China China’s population is 1.29 billion, or 1/5 of the world’s population 92% are Han Chinese, remaining 8% belong to 55 other ethnic groups China’s History Great Wall was built to keep out invaders Laozi taught Daoism, and said people should live simply and in harmony with nature Chinese thinkers, like Kongfuzi (Confucius), taught that learning leads to good behavior China’s History Chinese invented paper, ink, silk, the magnetic compass, printed books, gunpowder, and fireworks China’s History Emperor was overthrown in 1911 Communists took over in 1949 China’s Government and Society Communists took over all land and factories Women joined workforce Farmers were organized onto large government farms People lost freedom Many killed for opposing the government Chinese leaders are still violating human rights China’s Government and Society Chinese love of nature influences painting and poetry Developed bronze casting and porcelain (china) production centuries ago Questions Chinese thinkers believed that learning was the key to which of the following? Good behavior Questions What are Laozi’s teachings about living simply and in harmony with nature were called? Daoism Questions Which of the following is not an invention of early China? Electronic products.
"Dynasties to Communism"