BBI2O0 Introduction to Business
Reasons to Invest in Canada: Competitive Advantages
1. Visit the following Government of Canada Website: www.investincanada.gc.ca
2. Complete a flyer to attract foreign business to Canada.
3. Choose an industry sector from “Industry Sectors” tab on left column of the website.
4. Complete your flyer for your specific industry sector.
5. Include a short summary of the industry sector and a description of Canada’s 8 competitive
Be sure to include:
o Name of business sector
o Visual of your sector and of Canada
o Your name (on the back)
o Slogan “Invest in Canada. We Mean Business”
o Introduction to “Why they should invest in Canada?”
o Summary of your industry.
o Present the 8 competitive advantages including visuals representations.
o Provide a section “Useful websites” listing links to government and other useful websites
Competitive Advantage Definition:
A special edge that allows an organization or country to deal with
market and environmental forces better than its competitors.
Canada’s 8 Competitive Advantages:
Business Environment Advantage
Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor Initiative (APGCI)
Life Style Advantage
Invest in Canada. We Mean Business