Rules and Regulations for Tenants of Office Space
The following rules and regulations as well as the rules and regulations that may be in
the future adopted by Lessor for the safety, care, and cleanliness of the premises, and
the preservation of the premises, are made a part of the attached lease. Lessee agrees
to obey all the rules and regulations contained in or that may be added to these rules
1. Common Areas. Lessee and the employees or patrons of Lessee shall not loiter
in the entrances or corridors, or in any way obstruct the sidewalks, entry passages,
halls, stairways, or elevators and shall use these common areas only as means of
passage to and from the respective offices.
2. Obstructed Light. Doors, windows, glass doors, and skylights that reflect or
admit light into the halls or other common areas of the building shall not be covered or
3. Toilets. The toilets and urinals shall not be used for any purposes other than
those for which they were constructed, and no rubbish or other substance of any kind
shall be thrown into them.
4. Waste and Excessive Water Usage. Waste and excessive or unusual use of
water shall not be allowed.
5. Walls. Lessee shall not mark, paint, drive nails into, or screw or drill into, or in
any way deface, the walls, ceilings, partitions, floors, wood, stone, or ironwork. The
expense of repairing any damage or caused by any interruption of operations resulting
from the violation of this rule shall be borne by any Lessee who caused it.
6. Signs. No sign, advertisement, or notice shall be inscribed, painted, or fixed to
any part of the building, except one of such color, size, and style, and in such place as
may be designated by Lessor. All signs on doors or window glass will be painted for
Lessee by Lessor, but the cost of the painting shall be paid by Lessee.
7. Electrical Wiring. Electric, telecommunications, and computer network wiring
shall be routed into the premises and connected as directed by Lessor and no boring or
cutting for wires will be allowed except with the consent of Lessor. The location of
telephones, call boxes, and other communication equipment shall be prescribed by
Lessor, after consultation with Lessee.
8. Weight Limitations. Lessor shall prescribe the weight and size of all large
furniture or other large personal property brought into the building, the positioning of any
equipment weighing more than (number) pounds, and the times of moving such
property into and out of the building. All moving must be done under the supervision of
Lessor. Lessor will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any property from any
cause; all damage done to the building by moving any of Lessee's property into or out of
the building shall be repaired at the expense of Lessee.
9. Locks. Lessee shall not place any additional locks on any door in the building
without the prior written consent of Lessor. (Number) keys will be furnished by Lessor
for each lock in the leased premises. Additional keys must be obtained from Lessor and
a deposit of $_____________ for each additional key will be required. All keys must be
surrendered to Lessor on termination o