Docstoc

Minutes of Sandwich Conservation Commission

Document Sample
Minutes of Sandwich Conservation Commission Powered By Docstoc
					                  Minutes of Sandwich Conservation Commission




These minutes have been posted for your convenience. Current minutes have not yet been
approved by the Conservation Commission

December 28, 2005 ______________________________________________________ 2
November 30, 2005 ______________________________________________________ 3
October 26, 2005 _______________________________________________________ 4
October 21, 2005 _______________________________________________________ 5
September 28, 2005 _____________________________________________________ 6
August 31, 2005 ________________________________________________________ 7
July 27, 2005 __________________________________________________________ 8
June 29, 2005 _________________________________________________________ 10
May 25, 2005 _________________________________________________________ 12
April 27, 2005 _________________________________________________________ 14
March 31, 2005 _______________________________________________________ 16
February 23, 2005 _____________________________________________________ 18
January 26, 2005 ______________________________________________________ 19

.
December 28, 2005
Attending: Chip Kimball, Rick Van de Poll, Dave Chase, Barbara Kerr

The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes: The minutes from the SCC meeting of 11/30/05 were approved with the
following changes:
1. The $8,500 fine for Peter & Gary, LLC has been imposed.
2. The SCC will prepare the estimate for off road parking improvements at the Red Hill
Pond access.
Violations: Middle Road, R9-L42b. Dreammakers will file a standard application with
DES regarding their work at this site and the SCC will respond to DES regarding it.
Red Hill Pond Access: Chip spoke with Ted Adriance, who has equipment that could do
the work that must be done at the site. Approximately $500 will be needed to pay for
this. Quimby Trust monies may be available for this purpose if an appropriate
intermediary to hold those funds can be identified and secured. Both the LRCT and the
Sidehillers were discussed as possible organizations which could do so.
Motorsports Holdings: The SCC has not heard from Motorsports Holdings regarding the
proposed mitigation parcel and easement. The SCC and Selectmen intend to hold a public
hearing regarding any action on this item.

Resource Management Workshops: Chip circulated a list of upcoming DES resource
management workshops.
Request for SCC Project funding: Rick presented a request from Fred Levine that the
SCC consider helping to fund a spring workweek for a high school Student Conservation
Association group. The amount requested was $5,000. The SCC considered the request
and opted to decline to pursue it for 2006.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30.
Dave Chase, Secretary

Next SCC Meeting: Wednesday, January 25 at 7:00 p.m. – please note new time!
November 30, 2005
Attending: Chip Kimball, Caroline Snyder, Peter Booty.
Dave & Rick were sick.

The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m.

Minutes:

The minutes from the SCC meeting of 10/26/05 were approved.

Permits:
 Cook, Diamond Ledge Road, R18-L3. This permit has been approved.
 Streeter/Reny, Young Mt. Road, R7-L27. This permit has been approved.
 Garber, Chase Rd. R5 16, 16A, & 16B. Application received. Access to two new lots
approved by the PB. The SCC has no specific comments at this time.
Violations:
Middle Road, R9-L42b. Dreammakers. We have not received word on this. Chip will
follow up with a letter.

Peter & Gary LLC. Holderness Rd. R22-L13. The SCC received a copy of an extensive
violation notice. $8500 fine proposed.

Monitoring:
 Chip flew the easements 11-21-05. The photos were printed incorrectly and will be
redone.

Red Hill Pond Access:
 Canoes removed 11/04/05.
 Chip had a discussion with Colin Weeks, town road agent, regarding roadside parking;
action expected when weather and time are right for town road crew.
An estimate for privately paid off road parking improvements will be prepared; also wet
condition of access trail may need to be addressed.

Motorsports Holdings:
 Documents passed on by the Town Office indicate that MH has purchased the interval
property in East Sandwich abutting Rte. 25.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:30.

Chip Kimball, Secretary Pro Temp

Next Conservation Commission Meeting: Wednesday, December 28 at 7:30 p.m.
October 26, 2005
7:30 PM Town Hall

Attending: Chip Kimball, Dave Chase, Gordon Ford
The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m.

Minutes:
The minutes from the SCC meeting of 9/28/05 were approved.

Permits:
Mike Canfield, Upper Road R9-L12. This permit has been approved.
Cook, Diamond Ledge Road, R18-L3. This permit is still in process with DES.
Streeter/Reny, Young Mt. Road, R7-L27. This permit is still in process.

Violations:
 Middle Road, R9-L42b. Improvement of existing driveway will need to be investigated
to determine how much road area has truly been filled.

Monitoring:
Chip will fly at some point in November to do observations from the air.
Monitors are currently needed for the George Bates and Myers properties.

5 Days of Sandwich:
 In 2006, the program would like to rent canoes and kayaks, if possible. This could be an
option, as we may be able to rent the Community Schools vans next year, which would
free up some money to be used for these rentals. It may also be possible to request
assistance from the Sandwich Recreation Department in this regard.

Budget:
 It will be necessary to carry over some 2005 grant funds earmarked for milfoil reduction
that will not be spent this year.

Red Hill Pond Access:
Bob, Carl, and Chip conducted a site visit to review Red Hill Pond Access. Notes of that
site visit accompany these minutes. Chip will follow up on issues relative to the site visit
with the Selectmen.

Miscellaneous: NHACC meeting at Rundlett School – Saturday, November 5.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:30.
Dave Chase, Secretary

Next Conservation Commission Meeting: Wednesday, November 30 at 7:30 p.m.
October 21, 2005
Sandwich Conservation Commission
Red Hill Pond Access

Notes of site visit.

Reason for visit:
The Gaals wrote a letter to the SCC in the summer requesting the SCC review the Red
Hill Pond Access off Top of the World Road.

 The landowners are Grace and Frank Henry; this portion of their property is under
conservation easement to the town. A meeting was scheduled with Frank for October 21st
after he returned from summer residence. Bob Coulter and Chip Kimball of the SCC and
Carl McNall Planning Board attended.
 There are two issues: physical condition and legal rights for access and to perform
improvements.

Physical:
 1 Perhaps the town highway department could widen the town road at the access, thereby
providing a few spaces to park for walk-in access.
 2. There is a place to park on the access road about 75 yards in for 2 cars. This assumes
the road is blocked to further motorized access.
 3. The trail was passable on foot but muddy in spots. Very slight improvements could be
made for ease of carry-in carry-out boat access.
 4. At the pond 7 boats were stored. (canoes, kayaks, etc.) These do not belong to the
Henry’s and boat storage is not permitted. Also there was evidence of fires and camping
which the Henry’s do not permit.

Legal.
 1. Red Hill Pond is a great pond and we believe the public has a right of pedestrian
access.
 2a. The town highway department could work on the town road, however maintenance
of the access trail by the town could be problematic.
 2b. Any work done on the Henry’s property for public access could perhaps be funded
by donations.
 3. We are unsure if any easement language guides the Town or the Henry’s in this issue.
 4. The Henry’s were amenable to the 2 car parking spot if the access road is blocked off
beyond that point.
 5. Pedestrian access only, no boat storage, no fires, and no camping.
September 28, 2005
Attending: Chip Kimball, Bob Coulter
Meeting called to order at 7:35.

1. Meeting minutes.
The minutes of our August 31, 2005 meeting were accepted with the clarification that in
item 4 the easements referred to are Suzita Myers, Gran Smith Road and George Bates,
Whiteface Interval.

2. Permits
a. Mike Canfield, Upper Road R9 – L12. Mike responded to DES request for additional
information and photos
 b. Cook R18 lot 3 driveway, Diamond Ledge Road. This Expedited application was
signed two weeks ago after discussion and is in process.
 c. Streeter / Reny, culvert maintenance Young Mtn. Road R7 Lot 27. This Expedited
application was delayed in process at the town. The application was discussed and unless
discrepancies are found Chip will send a letter to DES.

3. Red Hill Pond Access. Frank Henry does not appear to be available yet to discuss this.

4. CMI mitigation parcel. No news is no news. We have not heard from the applicant.

5. Rick had provided Chip with a preliminary invasives report. Variable milfoil was
found in Little Pond. We are still waiting for results from Rattlesnake Cove and
Bearcamp Pond.

6. Budget. Items we may want to increase are easement monitoring and milfoil removal.

7. Monitoring will be scheduled next month for November.

8. Rick Van de Poll plans to make a presentation to the PB regarding wetland buffers on
October 6.

Adjourned at 8:15 PM.

Next meeting October 26, 2005

Chip Kimball, Secretary pro tem
August 31, 2005
Attending: Chip Kimball, Caroline Snyder, Bob Coulter, Peter Booty
Meeting called to order at 7:30.

1. Meeting minutes.
The minutes of our July 27, 2005 meeting were accepted.

2. Permits
a. Mike Canfield, Upper Road R9 – L12. The application was sent in revised to show
with a 30 inch culvert. Rick provided a CC comment sheet on the application which was
sent included.
 b. The Trailwork Notification from the Sandwich Sidehillers to place a bridge on George
Bates’ property has been sent in to DES.
 c. The CC received 3 comments regarding work at the McIlvain property in North
Sandwich on Route 113. Chip and Rick have been in contact with the owner. An after-
the-fact application will be filed.

3. Red Hill Pond Access. Chip reported that he spoke to Frank Henry on this issue and
sent a follow up letter. A site walk is planned for September, Chip will call/email
members when the walk is scheduled.

4. We discussed the easement monitoring plan for the fall. All easements will be flown.
We will review the Myers and Bates easements on the ground; the state OSP has
monitored many of them recently.

5. The 62 Ac. Coolidge easement property has been transferred to SPNHF. SLCA will
now be the backup easement holder.

6. We discussed the possibility of providing a wetlands application information sheet at
the town hall similar to Moultonborough. We have done this in the past but it is soon
outdated due to rule changes. Chip will attempt to draft a reduced version.

7. Note: Carl McNall has resigned as the RSA’s only allow one person to be a member
of both the CC and Planning Board.

Adjourned at 8:10 PM.

Next meeting September 28, 2005

Chip Kimball, Secretary pro tem
July 27, 2005
Attending: Chip Kimball, Caroline Snyder, Rick Van de Poll, Carl McNall, Bob Coulter,
Peter Booty
Meeting called to order at 7:30.

1. Meeting minutes.
The minutes of our June 29, 2005 meeting were accepted.

2. Permits
a. Peter VanWinkle R20 L16 Range Road. Expedited application, culvert in stream for
driveway. Approved by DES.
 b. Metcalf Rd. town. The Selectmen have decided not to try and expand the parking. The
town crew has laced rocks along the road edge to define the parking and keep cars out of
the wetlands. They will also place rock at the road edge to keep trailers out of the carry-in
boat launch area.
 c. Chip said a Trailwork Notification will be coming in from the Sandwich Sidehillers to
place a bridge on George Bates’ property. The crossing hasn’t frozen the past two years.
The bridge will go from top of bank to top of bank in an existing woods road.
 d. Chip said the log bridge over Meadow Brook had been removed due to deterioration;
this fall he will work on a permit for the bridge replacement.
 e. Mike Canfield, Upper Road R9 – L12. Expedited Application wetlands crossing and
stream culvert for driveway. Mike prepared the application himself; Chip reported that he
had responded to Mike’s questions during the preparation. Rick had visited the site and
reported that the wetland crossing is wider than Mike has flagged, but Mike has chosen
the narrowest spot to cross it. Rick said that the 24 inch culvert planned for the perennial
stream was inadequate even though larger than the 20 inch in the town road (which
floods); Rick believes that a bridge would be less impacting and may be what DES would
want to approve. Chip will talk to Mike to see if he wants us to send the application in
with these comments or would consider a site walk to discuss a bridge instead.

3. Invasive Plants Survey.
 Rick reported good progress; they have looked at all ponds but Squam. There is variable
milfoil in the Bearcamp Pond boat basin but it does not seem to be spreading. At Red Hill
Pond, Rick believes they may have found Farwell’s Milfoil a rare and state endangered
species; it is a native non-invasive; this will be confirmed by the state lab. We received
the $1500 from NHACC, the Selectmen will hold the hearing August 8th.

4. We received a letter from Wendy & Stephen Gaal regarding the accessway from Top
of the World Road to Red Hill Pond. The letter pointed out the mudholes which both
obstruct traffic and result in slight sedimentation into adjacent wetlands. This property is
owned by Grace Henry and is under town easement. Carl McNall had reviewed the
easement documents and file. He gave us a summary of the documents as they effect this
access. The town does not have a right-of-way here. We then discussed action that could
be taken to alleviate the accessway problems and concerns about expanded access that
might result from any improvements. After much discussion it was agreed that Chip
would contact Frank and/or Grace Henry to initiate dialogue on the issue; after the
discussion the CC will send a letter. Chip will also call the Gaal’s to explain what steps
the CC will be taking.

5. Chip pointed out that Carl McNall, Gordon Ford, and Chip Kimball had attended the
“right-to-know” seminar and that a pamphlet was available.

6. August 10th is the Summer Town meeting.

Adjourned at 8:30 PM.


Next meeting August 31, 2005



Chip Kimball, Secretary pro tem
June 29, 2005
Attending: Chip Kimball, Rick Van dePoll, Dave Chase, Carl McNall, Bob Coulter,
Peter Booty, Ben Shambaugh, Jocelyn Gutchess, Lauren Keil

The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m.

Jocelyn Gutchess presented a proposal from the Over-the-Hill Hikers (OTHH) relative to
printing of a map for the Bearcamp River Trail in memory of Jack Dingle, donations in
memory of Jack provide the funding for the map. The committee voted its approval,
support, and thanks to the OTHH.

Minutes: The minutes from the SCC meeting of 5/25/05 were approved.

Permits:

 Peter Van Winkle R20 L16 Range Road. A very detailed survey map of the project has
been drawn up and submitted to the committee and DES.

 Map 22, Lot 2 - Webster land, there were complaints of silt in the stream which may
have been caused by recent heavy rains. Chip followed up and found that corrective
action had already been taken by the forester & logger.

 Metcalf Road – Town parking area, once the water recede, the intention is to put in some
large rocks to block vehicle access. Ben, Carl, and Chip will continue working on this
project.

Easement Monitoring:

 The Cook Easement was walked on 6/22 by Steve Walker of the N.H. Office of Energy
and Planning.

Miscellaneous:

 Vehicles have been procured from Enterprise Rental for the Five Days of Sandwich,
running from 7/4-29.

 There have been complaints of foul smells at the Town Beaches. It is believed that
rotting pollen is the culprit.

 Invasives Project – Rick’s proposal was approved and Rick and Lauren presented their
plans for the summer milfoil survey. Chip will contact the Bearcamp Pond Association
and inquire about funding to address the milfoil problem at the boat launch.

 There will be a Right-to-Know seminar conducted on 7/20. Commission members are
invited to attend.
 There has been discussion of removal of a beaver dam adjacent to Intervale Pond.
Concerns are relative to subsequent impacts to the pond from the potential release of
organics, etc. Dam removal can be done only with permission of the landowner (LRCT).
A determination will need to be made as to who has the authority to conduct dam
removal and how it can be carried out safely and with the least impact.

No further communications have been received concerning the Tamworth Racetrack.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:35.

Dave Chase, Secretary


Next Conservation Commission Meeting: Wednesday, July 27 at 7:30 p.m.
May 25, 2005
Attending: Chip Kimball, Rick Van dePoll, Dave Chase, Carl McNall, Bob Coulter, Ben
Shambaugh

The meeting was called to order at 7:35 p.m.

Minutes: The minutes from the SCC meeting of 4/27/05 were approved.

Permits:

 Peter Van Winkle R20 L16 Range Road. They are currently flagging the housesite and
are looking at placing a culvert for stream-crossing purposes.

 Peter & Gary, LLC R22 L13. The stream crossing constructed to facilitate work on site
has reportedly been removed and the stream rechannelized.

 Bob Coulter, Top of the World Road R9 L28A. Bob’s potential pond site has been
assessed. Recommendation to dig a test pit to check water level through this summer.

 Smith-Allen property R20 L40. Rick has inspected the site and understands that they are
currently addressing the need for more thorough silt controls.

Tamworth Racetrack: Mark Bergeron sent an e-mail on 4/7 to Chip Kimball and Ben
Shambaugh, indicating that he was the new contact for them and would be in touch
shortly. No further communications received as of this meeting.

Trail Cleanup Day: The day was a success, despite challenging weather and trail
conditions. There was a good deal of downed woody debris and some trail reconfiguring
was necessary.

Miscellaneous:

Invasives Project – Rick will make an effort to submit a proposal by June 1.

 The four watershed maps reviewed at the April meeting have been laminated and are
available for use.

 Chip will contact Tracy to order vans for the Five Days of Sandwich, running from 7/4-
29.

 The LPC has sent along a report ranking potential loon habitat and territory in the
region. Rick will review.

 The committee reviewed a request from the Selectmen regarding RSA 41:14A, a
consideration to sell a town-owned property at Sandwich Slopes, R1, Lot 77. The
Selectmen would like to know if the committee feels it has conservation value. The
committee is not aware of any conservation value to the site.

 The committee considered a request from the Green Mountain Conservation Group to
increase their annual stipend for monitoring water quality in Sandwich from $250 to
$500. If the GMCG will submit a detailed budget justifying the need for this increase,
the committee will consider it further.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:35.

Dave Chase, Secretary
April 27, 2005
Attending: Chip Kimball, Rick Van de Poll, Gordon Ford, Dave Chase, Carl McNall,
Bob Coulter, Peter Booty

The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m.

Minutes: The minutes from the SCC meeting of 3/31/05 were approved.

Permits:

 Peter Van Winkle R20 L16 Range Road. Action is held on this pending payment of the
remainder of the $100 fee.

 R. M. Peaslee R13 L20. Proceeding with subdivision as planned. Amendment will
include narrowing part of the road being built where it crosses the wetland to reduce its
impact. Both Chip and Rick believe the proposed route for the road represents the best
option.

 Peerface Cove, LLC R21 L38+39. This information was sent as a cc: to the SCC as part
of an on-going correspondence between the state and the LLC. The issue involves a
proposed addition on an old ice house within 50 feet of waterline on Squam.

 Peter & Gary, LLC R22 L13. The 105 acre site has been logged, but in the course of
doing so, a stream crossing constructed to facilitate work on site has blocked Eastman
Brook and must now be removed. Action currently has been taken by DES Wetlands and
the Division of Forests and Lands. SCC will monitor to see if and when corrective action
is taken.

 Bob Coulter, Top of the World Road. Bob would like to put a pond in on his back field.
SCC will conduct a site visit on Sunday, May 22 at 1:00 pm to determine if the field can
be classified as wetland.

Tamworth Racetrack: Mark Bergeron sent an e-mail on 4/7 to Chip Kimball and Ben
Shambaugh, indicating that he was the new contact for them and would be in touch
shortly. No further communications received as of this meeting.

Trail Cleanup Day: The day is scheduled for Sunday, May 1 at 1:00 pm – meet initially at
the Town Hall. Chainsaws will be needed, as there have been many blow downs over the
winter months.

Easements: Cook Easement – there is a question as to whether or not Steve Walker of
OSP LCIP performed the state’s 5 year monitoring on Monday, April 25 as planned.
Miscellaneous:

The mailing from the Selectmen’s Office on the Right to Know Law was reviewed.

The minutes of the most recent Madison CC meeting were passed around.

 Rick presented four watershed maps featuring different environmental and conservation
components produced by a collaboration of regional environmental organizations
spearheaded by the LRPC. The maps were reviewed and it was agreed to spend the
money to get them laminated to serve as a resource.

Chip will contact Tracy to order vans for the Five Days of Sandwich.

Gordon brought up concerns relative to the need for more thorough silt controls at the
Smith-Allen property. The SCC recommended that these concerns be shared with the
Selectmen.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:40. Next meeting is May 25, 2005.

Dave Chase, Secretary
March 31, 2005

Attending: Chip Kimball. Rick Van dePoll, Carl McNall, Bob Coulter, Peter Booty, Ben
Shambaugh, Earl & Lydia Tucker
Meeting called to order at 7:30.

1. At the request of Earl & Lydia Tucker we discussed the possibility of the Town
purchasing an easement on their 105 acre property on Middle Road. They noted that the
town of Deerfield, their permanent residence, recently spent $500,000 for an easement on
81 acres. The CC members noted that the town had not purchased easements in this way
before but that there was quite a bit of land protection activity in the town. Their lot abuts
the Audubon Thompson Bird Sanctuary; as Audubon has been working on purchasing or
protecting abutting properties the CC recommended that the Tuckers contact them. The
Tuckers commented on their increased assessment; a general discussion ensued regarding
the propriety of the methodology used for undeveloped land in the recent re-evaluation,
particularly unbuildable wetland.

2. Meeting minutes.
The minutes of our February 23, 2005 meeting were corrected, removing the ‘not’ on the
Mt. Israel Rd. project.

3. Officers. Chip agreed to be Chair again this year and the Commission approved the
position. Rick said he might have time to do it next year.
Chip will discuss the Secretary position with other members not in attendance.

4. Permits
Peter VanWinkle R20 L16 Range Road. Expedited application, culvert for driveway.
Chip reported that he and Rick had viewed the site and despite the snow were able to
determine that the plan met the requirements. The application had been signed and sent
on.

Alexanra Prins R1 Lot 15 Vittum Hill Road. Expedited application for a Pond. Chip
reported that he had not signed this application as he wanted a discussion with the CC
before signing. After discussion it was agreed that there was no objection and the
application will be signed next week.

A general explanation of DES wetland application process was given to the new
members by Rick and Chip.

5. Invasive Plants Survey.
 Rick reported good progress on our plan to have an invasive plant survey of great ponds
in the town. We will be using a Whitesylvania Trust donation and apply for a Grumman
Grant (for the Squam portion). Rick is in the process of coordinating with SLA and
Holderness.

6. NH Audubon efforts are progressing we expect to hear more by May.

7. The wetland buffers project for Zoning section IX was explained to new members.
 Some of the issues as explained by Rick, Chip, and Ben include: lack of protection from
activities near wetland such as fertilizer, intensive animal use, paving etc. recent legal
reversals for town setbacks (a 100 ft. septic setback was overturned). Creating more
scientific support and consistency of wetland treatment.

8. Metcalf Road parking.
 Ben explained recent discussion regarding parking at the canoe launch off Metcalf road.
The CC agreed that the issue needs to be addressed and will require good input from
neighbors and the various town departments and boards. The Selectmen will organize a
meeting and try to get all interested parties to attend.

9. Carl McNall reminded CC members they are invited to attend a presentation of Natural
Resource Planning at the April 7th meeting of the Planning Board.

10. Ben reported that the LRPC may have funds for an aquifer mapping study. The CC
pointed out that the study should include adjacent towns and that in Sandwich bedrock
wells are a more important water source so they should be studied.

BEARCAMP RIVER TRAIL CLEANUP
SUNDAY MAY 1 at 1PM.
TOWN HALL PARKING LOT

Adjourned at 9:10 PM.

Next meeting APRIL 27, 2005

Chip Kimball, Secretary pro tem
February 23, 2005
Attending: Chip Kimball, Kathy Starke, Rick Van de Poll, Ben Shambaugh, Carroll
Bewely;

The January minutes were voted to be accepted after deleting item #4.

Peaselee’s gave notice they are not putting in the road off of Mt. Israel Rd. per their
permit.

Review of Conservation Committee members and terms:
 S. Danielovich is not on the Commission
 Kathy has elected not to renew her term
 Ben is running for Selectman unopposed and may not be on the Commission in the
coming year.
 Denley: propose to make an honorary emeritus member

Potential replacements were discussed and contacts will be made.

White Sylvania Trust: gift of $1000 to be used above and beyond the Committee’s
normal operating expenses
 Proposed to survey ponds and wetlands within the town for invasive aquatic plants.
 Rick to pursue funds from Grumman Family Fund for Squam and associated
watersheds. $7000 is currently available for Squam Lakes or White Oak Pond and no
proposals have been made for some time.

Discussion on whether the 25% penalty imposed on Current Use withdrawals is adequate
to meet the Town’s need for purchasing land for conservation. Pros and cons of
conservation land and that Sandwich already has more than most towns was discussed.

Discussion was also done on buffers on wetlands proposal to change wording to restrict
what activity occurs within a wetland along with housing. Rick to work on the wording
to be discussed at a future meeting.

Next Meeting: March 30, 2005

Meeting adjourned 8:57.

Kathy Starke, Secretary
January 26, 2005
Attending: Chip Kimball. Ben Shambaugh, Carroll Bewley, (Rick Van de Poll, Telcon)
Meeting called to order at 7:30.

1. Meeting minutes.
The minutes of our December 22, 2004 meeting were OK.

2. Permits
Peaslee R13 – Lot 20. Mt. Israel Rd. We received revisions and DES approval. Changes
 were made in line with DES comment. Widening of driveway to meet required road
width will be addressed through amendment if it occurs within 5 years.
Peerface Cove LLC R21 – Lot 39 [38 sic]. We received copy of a request for information
from DES on a Shoreland Protection application (RSA 483). After some research it
appears that at present the town has no paperwork on this project. Carroll Bewley will
follow up as Peerface LLC will have to meet town as well as state requirements.

3. NH Audubon easement discussion is on hold. Next step: They will contact SCC.

4. Gordon Ford, Caroline Snyder, and Chip Kimball are up form reappointment. Chip
will call Caroline and Gordy on this. Chip will also check with Denley on his active
status.

5. We discussed the buffer vs. setback issue brought up in the Town of Atkinson
proposal. Some obvious issues are: preemption, allowance of DES RSA 482 approved
applications, site plan review. Chip had digitized the document but it still seems
inadequate for discussion; he will adjust it to be more applicable to Sandwich – such as
lot sizing and names of prime wetlands – perhaps then we will be able to begin our
discussion of the issue.

6. We provided an estimate of CC volunteer efforts for the Town Report.

Adjourned at 9:15 PM.


Next meeting February 23, 2005

Chip Kimball, Secretary pro tem

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:2
posted:8/26/2012
language:English
pages:19