UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT KEVIN A. SOLTIS
Chief Master Sergeant Kevin A. Soltis is the Command Chief
Master Sergeant for the 376th Air Expeditionary Wing, Manas
Air Base, Kyrgyz Republic. He advises the wing commander
on matters influencing the health, welfare and morale and
effective utilization of approximately 1,000 military personnel
performing the day-to-day operations at the premier air
mobility hub supporting military operations in Afghanistan.
The wing’s mission includes aerial refueling and support for
mobility operations to include intra-theater combat airlift,
airdrop and aeromedical evacuations.
Chief Soltis enlisted in the Air Force in November 1980. He
has held a variety of positions in the air traffic control radar
and landing systems maintenance career field, including
specialist, technician, NCOIC, and quality control inspector.
His breadth of experience includes such duties as military
burial escort, linguist, flight chief, branch chief, chief of
maintenance, maintenance superintendent, group
superintendent, acting first sergeant, and acting wing and
Numbered Air Force command chief.
Prior to his current assignment at Manas AB, Chief Master Sgt. Soltis served as the Command Chief Master
Sergeant for the 412th Test Wing at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
1980 Basic Military Training School, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1981 Air Traffic Control Radar Repairman School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1983 GPN-22 CHOT Certification, McClellan AFB, Calif.
1984 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
1987 AFCC Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1992 3rd Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Royal Air Force Upwood, United Kingdom
1994 Associates Degree in Electronic Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1996 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2005 USAF Senior Leaders Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2005 Chief’s Leadership Course Mentor, AFSNCOA, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2006 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Penn.
1. October 1981 – October 1985, air traffic control radar specialist, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
2. November 1985 – June 1986, air traffic control radar technician, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. August 1986 – October 1990, air traffic control radar technician, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
4. November 1990 – February 1992, assistant noncommissioned officer in charge, Air Traffic Control Radar
Maintenance, Galena Airport, Alaska
5. March 1992 – July 1993, assistant noncommissioned officer in charge, Air Traffic Control Radar
Maintenance, Royal Air Force Bentwaters, United Kingdom
6. August 1993 – November 1993, quality control technician, Aviano AB, Italy
7. November 1993 - July 1994, chief, fighter beddown flight, Aviano AB, Italy
8. August 1994 – August 1997, airfield systems manager, Aviano AB, Italy
9. August 1997 – October 1999, chief of maintenance, Izmir Forward Depot, Turkey
10. November 1999 – November 2002, maintenance superintendent, Andersen AFB, Guam
11. November 2002 – March 2003, maintenance superintendent, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
12. March 2003 – November 2005, group superintendent, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
13. December 2005 – March 2006, superintendent, Peterson AFB, Colo.
14. April 2006 – September 2008, Command Chief, 412th Test Wing, Edwards AFB, Calif.
15. September 2008 – present, Command Chief, 376th Air Expeditionary Wing, Manas AB, Kyrgyz Republic
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Outstanding Airman of the Year Ribbon
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Overseas Short Tour Ribbon with three oak leaf clusters
Overseas Long Tour Ribbon with three oak leaf clusters
Distinguished Graduate, AFCC Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School (1987)
Headquarters ACD Technician/Supervisor of the Year (1989)
Professional Performer, AFCC Inspector General (1990)
Distinguished Graduate, 3rd Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Academy (1992)
U.S. Air Force Leo Marquez Comm-Electronics Supervisor/Manager of the Year (1995)
Headquarters U.S. Air Forces Europe Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year (1995)
Sixteenth Air Force Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award (1995)
John L. Levitow award, Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy (1996)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Sept, 1981
Airman First Class Mar, 1982
Senior Airman Sept, 1984
Staff Sergeant June, 1986
Technical Sergeant July, 1990
Master Sergeant July, 1993
Senior Master Sergeant Mar, 1997
Chief Master Sergeant Dec, 1999
(Current as of November 2008)