IN THE HIGH COURT AT KUALA LUMPUR
SUIT NO. D5-22-1648-2005
1. ASEAMBANKERS MALAYSIA BERHAD
2. RHB BANK BERHAD
10 3. AMBANK (M) BERHAD [dahulunya dikenali
sebagai AmFinance Berhad, yang menerima
segala asset, hak dan liabiliti serta perniagaan
AmBank Berhad menurut Perintah Mahkamah
15 4. DBS BANK LTD, CAWANGAN LABUAN
[dahulunya dikenali sebagai The Development
Bank of Singapore Limited (Cawangan Labuan)]
5. ALLIANCE MERCHANT BANK BERHAD
6. MALAYAN BANKING BERHAD [yang menerima
20 pindahmilik keseluruhan asset dan liabiliti Mayban
Finance Berhad yang telah diletak-hak menurut
Perintah Mahkamah bertarikh 17.08.2004]
7. MALAYSIAN INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT
25 8. SOUTHERN BANK BERHAD
9. AFFIN BANK BERHAD … PLAINTIFFS
1. GULA PERAK BERHAD
2. LIM SUE BENG … DEFENDANTS
BEFORE THE HONOURABLE JUDGE
Y.A. DATUK DR. HAJI HAMID SULTAN BIN ABU BACKER
1. This is my judgment in respect of the 1st defendant’s application
seeking a stay of execution of the judgment dated 29.10.2010 pending
the disposal of the 1st defendant’s appeal to the Court of Appeal.
2. The plaintiffs/ respondents object to the application on the grounds
there are no special circumstances to warrant the stay, as advocated in
the case of Kosma Palm Oi Mill Sdn Bhd & Ors v. Koperasi
Serbausaha Makmur Bhd  4 CLJ 1.
5 3. I have dealt with the jurisprudence relating to stay in the case of KMA
Marketing Sdn Bhd v. MBF Leasing Sdn Bhd; Kiong Huat Transport &
Engineering Construction & Anor (Third Parties)  3 CLJ 66. I
do not wish to repeat the same. I agree with the plaintiffs’ argument that
on the facts of the case the 1st defendant’s application must be
10 dismissed. In addition I will say that I have given my full grounds for
the judgment which the 1st defendant is seeking a stay. It will be
appropriate for the 1st defendant to move the Court of Appeal under
section44 of CJA 1964 to seek a stay.
4. For reasons stated above, I dismiss the 1 st defendant’s application for
15 stay with costs of RM 5,000.00.
5. The plaintiffs to pay the allocatur fees before extracting the order for
costs. The order for costs can be extracted as a separate order. The
deputy registrar to issue the certificate relating to allocatur.
I hereby order so.
(Y.A. DATUK DR. HAJI HAMID SULTAN BIN ABU BACKER)
25 Kuala Lumpur
Date: 23rd February 2011
Lua Ai Siew,
Messrs. Soo Thien Ming & Nashrah.
For 1st Defendant:
Dato’ B.S.Sidhu (Sharon Sidhu with him),
Messrs. B.S.Sidhu & Co.