Schedule for Publication of APEX Papers in
Special Issue of Fusion Engineering and Design
1) April 7 (APEX meeting): Initial Draft
Rough initial draft for discussion with co-authors and task performers. Identify
additional technical work needed to improve paper quality. A status report to be
given by task leaders on Tuesday April 8.
2) May 15: Final Draft for Team Review
Include comments from APEX meeting discussion and recent work performed
after the meeting. Send to "APEX-Core" for review.
3) June 15: Deadline for Team Comments
Members of the team send comments on all papers to the authors of each paper.
Principal author of each paper will insure incorporation of these comments.
4) July 15: Submitted to FED Editor
Principal authors send papers to M. Abdou (as FED Editor) requesting publication
in the "Special FED Issue on APEX".
List of APEX Papers for the Special Issue of Fusion
Engineering and Design
1. “New Physics Regimes in Tokamaks with Close-Fitting
Lithium Walls,” L. Zakharov et al.
2. “Exploratory studies for flowing liquid metal divertor options
for NSTX in MTOR facility,” A. Ying et al.
3. “Design and testing of a liquid surface divertor module for
NSTX,” M. Ulrickson et al.
4. “Modeling and experiments for liquid metal free surface MHD
flow,” N. Morley et al.
5. “Modeling and experiments for turbulent free surface flow and
heat transfer,” Sergey Smolentsev et al.
6. "On the choice of dependent variables in modeling LM-MHD
flows for fusion applications," Sergey Smolentsev et al.
7. “A CLIFF design based on flinabe and advanced ferritic steel,”
R. Nygren, et al.
8. “Temperature window of a liquid wall design based on
flinabe,” D.-K. Sze et al.
9. “Design integration of liquid surface divertors.” R. Nygren et
10. “Overview of re-circulating FW/blanket design,” C. Wong et
11. “Solid wall re-circulating blanket: configuration, structural
assessment, fabrication and coolant handling,” I.
Sviatoslavsky et al.
12. “MHD effects in multiphase liquid metal systems,” M.
Anderson et al.
Combined TASK III and IV paper:
13. “Safety evaluation for the APEX advanced ferritic steel
molten salt blanket designs,” B. Merrill et al.