• Discovered in 1516 by Juan Diaz de Solis
• The Capital Buenos Aires was settled in 1580
• Ruled by Spain for 300 years
• Independence declared on July 9th 1816
• Juan D. Peron elected President in 1946
• In 1955 Peron sent into Exile after coup by
• Argentina enters long period of military
• Juan Diaz de Solis – discovered Argentina
• Eva Peron – First female president ever
• Che Guevara - launched what was to become the
first and only victorious socialist revolution in the
1. Who discovered Argentina?
2. True or false, Argentina is a dictatorship.
3. 96% of Argentines are what?
4. What is the name of the flute used for
Argentine folk music?
5. The name of the symbol in the middle of
the Argentine flag is called what?
6. What is the largest city in Argentina?
7. What year did Argentina discover its