Revision date: ........5/16/2010
Official title: ........ Master of Business Administration degree
About the degree:
with an emphasis in Logistics Management • MBA is a universally recognized business degree.
Common name: ....MBA in Logistics • It is a resume builder for upwardly mobile business executives.
Format: .................Online • CMU’s MBA program is accredited by AACSB International
Credit hours: ........34
........ 34 (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business),
the most prestigious accreditation for business schools in the world.
• The 9 core courses give the student the solid foundation they
need in business administration and finance.
• Logistics is part of supply chain management and more
Admission requirements: specifically deals with the movement and storage of materials.
• GMAT – minimum score 450. • Logistics is important in all levels of manufacturing/supply and
• Undergraduate degree with cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher from in the military.
an accredited institution.
• There are 4 courses in logistics management:
• 200 times their undergraduate GPA (at least 2.7) + GMAT score
(minimum of 450) must = 1050 or higher. Market & Sales Forecasting
• Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools Lean Logistics Operations
you have attended. Integrated Logistics Strategy
Special information: Risk-based Logistics Networks
• Has a special tuition rate. Go to www.cel.cmich.edu/finances/ • Final capstone project is an applied, hands-on logistics project
graduate-tuition.html for accurate information. Rate includes all usually chosen in conjunction with the employer or an
books. identified organization.
• Student should also have taken the equivalent of the following • This is a two year program starting in January and August of
undergraduate courses: each year.
Principles of Accounting or Accounting 1 (ACC 201 or 203)
Principles of Economics or Economics 1 (EC0 201)
Business Law (BLR 202)
Also available as an online
Intro to Marketing (MKT 300) Graduate Certificate in Logistics
Intro to Management (MGT 312) Four, 3 credit hour online courses plus online capstone project.
Production or Operations Management, Manufacturing No GMAT or GRE required for the graduate certificate.
Process, or Supply Chain Management (MGT 340) Students must demonstrate statistics knowledge equivalent to STA 282
Business Finance (FIN 303 or 332) with a grade of “C” or better.
Intro to Statistics (STA 282) Can earn the certificate and then apply this credit (16 credits)
Business Communications (BUS 360) toward MBA in Logistics but must meet all admission
Computer literacy - with general knowledge of Excel, requirements for the MBA in Logistics including taking the GMAT.
Access, PowerPoint or similar software Financial aid is available for the logistics certificate.
MBA in Logistics