A modal verb is also known as a helping verb.
It gives additional information about the mood
of the main verb that follows it.
They go out . 他們外出。
They must go out . 他們必須外出。
They should go out . 他們應該外出。
They can go out . 他們能夠外出。
They may go out . 他們可能外出。
They will go out . 他們將會外出。
Subject Modal verb Main verb Phrase
I go to sleep.
They drink some water.
He may eat some food.
It do some exercise.
Use the basic form of the main verbs
after the modal verbs.
1. You must (coming / _____ / came) back home early.
2. My mother can (cooked / cooking / cook) seafood hotpot.
3. I may (finish / finished / finishing) my homework today.
4. Should I (turning / turned / ____ off the TV?
5. My daddy will (bought /____ / buying) me a robot.