UNION BANK OF INDIA
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
APPOINTING HOUSE KEEPING AGENCY
Union Bank of India
Union Bank Bhavan, Support Services Department, Maintenance Division, 7th Floor,
239 Vidhan Bhavan Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai- 400 021
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR APPOINTING HOUSE KEEPING AGENCY
The Bank invites sealed offers in two bid system from established House Keeping Agencies in
Mumbai for house keeping work at Union Bank Bhavan Central Office, Mumbai.
For complete details and formats of RFP please log on to Bank's website
www.unionbankofindia.co.in or NIC portal www.tenders.gov.in or can be obtained from
Chief Manager, Support Services Department, 7th floor at the above address (Tel.no.22892505)
on payment of Rs.500/- (non-refundable) by way of Pay Order / D.D favouring Union Bank of
India. However application forms downloaded from website shall accompany the pay order
/D.D at the time of submission of the tender document.
Date of commencement of issue of RFPs : 14.09.2009
Last date for receipt of RFPs : 05.10.09 upto 3.00 p.m.
Opening of RFPs : 05.10.09 at 3.15 p.m.
Earnest Money Deposit (Bid Security) : Rs. 10000/-.
No brokers/intermediaries shall be entertained. The Bank reserves the right to reject any /all
applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Sr.No. Description. Page No.
1. General Instructions 04
2. Scope of Work. 08
3. Eligibility criteria for short listing. 09
4. Location to be covered. 09
5. Two-part offer. 09
6. Bid Security. 09
7. Validity. 10
8. Technical offer. 10
9. Commercial offer. 11
10. Service charges 11
11. No Erasures or alternations. 11
12. No Variations. 11
13. Service charges freezing. 12
14. Evaluation Process. 12
15. No Commitment to accept lowest or any Tender. 13
16. Opening of Offers. 13
17. Service Agreement 13
18. Covering Letter Annexure-I 14
19. Service providers Profile. Annexure-II 15
20. Declaration Annexure-III 18
21. Evaluation Criteria Annexure-IV 19
22. Reference Site Details. Annexure-V 21
23. Commercial Offer Annexure-VI 22
24. Agreement for Housekeeping Services Annexure-VII 23
1. Inspection of Sites: The service provider shall visit and examine the site and satisfy
as to the nature and correct dimensions of work and facilities for obtaining
material and shall obtain generally his own information on all matters affecting the
execution of work. No extra charge made in consequence of any misunderstanding
or incorrect information on any of these points on the ground of insufficient
description will be allowed. All expenses incurred by the service providers in
connection with obtaining information for submitting this tender including his visit
to site and efforts in compiling the tender shall be borne by the tenderer and no
claim for reimbursement thereof shall be entertained.
2. Safety Regulations: The service provider shall take all the necessary precautions
while working and to safeguard adjacent property, Bank’s property, Bank’s
employees and traffic persons.
3. Compliance to local laws: The service provider shall confirm to the provision of
any ACT of the legislature relating to the work and to the regulation of Byelaws of
any authority. He shall also obtain the permission of the municipality or any other
authorities if required under the existing rules..
4. Subletting the work: The service provider shall not directly or indirectly sublet
the work to other party without written permission of the bank.
5. Third Party Damage: The service provider shall be responsible for all injury to
persons, animals, building, building structure, any damage to road, streets,
footpaths and shall rectify it at its own cost.
6. Insurance Cover: All the workers of the service provider must be properly covered
by an Insurance Policy with respect to liabilities under Workman’s Compensation
Act and Fatal Accident Act. The service provider at his own expenses arrange to
effect and maintain until the virtual completion of the contract and copies of such
insurance shall be available for inspection of the bank.
7. Protection of material and work: The service provider shall be responsible for
storing and watching his own material and protecting the work at his own cost.
The service provider and his worker will be allowed to use lift after office hours.
However, no paint/drums or heavy bag of cement/paint will be allowed to be
taken into the lift. Any damage/spoiling of lift/floor/dado caused during such act
will have to be made good by the service provider at his own expenditure.
8. Cleaning during the work: After cleaning /mopping etc work is completed the site
should be neat and tidy. No cleaning material should be left in and around the
9. Keeping of Cleaning Material/brooms etc: The material required for keeping
cleaning material should be kept in stores provided by the bank. The material in
any case should not lie on the floor / room/toilets or electrical panel switchboards
on each floor or otherwise strict action will be initiated.
10. Conditional Tenders : Conditional Tenders will not be accepted
11. The Bank reserves the right to accept/ reject the lower or any or all tenders in part
or in whole without assigning a reason therefore.
12. Decision of the Bank shall be final and binding on any matter connected with the
work. The matter of any dispute shall be decided after mutual discussions based
on the terms and conditions of the contract. However, if the matter, cannot be
resolved then the same shall be referred to the respected, qualified person in the
field agreed to both the parties and his opinion shall be binding on both the
parties. However, this is precourse to any legal action in this regard.
13. Incomplete Tender: Incomplete tenders shall be summarily rejected.
14. Earnest Money Deposit: EMD of successful tenderer shall be treated as security
deposit. The service provider should pay this amount to the Bank by DD or PO at
the time of submission of tender. The Bank shall retain this amount till the work is
virtually completed and all amounts relating thereto settled.
15. The service provider is requested to sign each page of the tender and put rubber
stamp, seal below his signature and seal the tender in an envelop.
16. If at any point of time during the progress, it is observed that the service provider
is not progressing the work with due diligence, care and lagging much behind the
schedule or services provided are not satisfactory, the employer (Bank) reserves
the right to terminate the contract with 30 days notice. In case of such
terminations the security deposit held by the bank will be forfeited.
17. Supervision: The service provider is required to have competent supervisor for
supervision of the works during all working hours acceptable to the bank and who
will be responsible for the conduct of worker and who has authority to receive and
act on such instructions issued by the Bank.
18. All work shall be carried out in a workman-like manner to the entire satisfaction of
19. Service provider shall follow all rules/regulations in force and should possess the
license for employing labour and also follow all safety measures, labour law and
shall be responsible for any lapse.
20. Transfer of tender documents: Transfer of tender documents purchased by one
intending tenderer to another is not permissible.
21. Safety: The service provider shall carry out the entire work in a workman like
manner having full regard for the safety of the men working at site. All safe
practices shall be strictly adhered to by the workman of the service provider like
wearing helmets, safety belts, when working at heights, gloves when handling
sharp objects and reinforcement etc. The service provider shall protect sides of
opening in floor slabs, edges of slabs, stair, stairwells etc. with barricade, warning
signs/lights and educate all his workman regarding following safe working
practices. He shall provide first aid boxes at site.
In spite of following safe methods, in case of any unfortunate accident, the service
provider shall indemnify the employer against any expenses or claims towards
treatment or compensation.
22. Nuisance: The service provider shall not any time do cause or permit anyone to do
or cause any nuisance on the site or do anything which shall cause unnecessary
disturbance of inconvenience to the employer or to the owners, tenants or
occupiers of other properties near the site and to the public generally.
23. The service provider will be paid on monthly basis for the services during the
preceding month for which he shall submit the bill for the agreed amount latest by
7th of the following month.
24. All persons engaged by the service provider for carrying out the work would be
deemed to be service provider’s employee for all-purpose and he shall make
regular and full payment to his employees. No liability / responsibility whatsoever
on account of persons engaged by the service provider is attributable to the bank.
25. The service provider shall give an undertaking that they have necessary licences
and registrations under the Labour Welfare Legislation and they duly and promptly
are complying with the provision pertaining to Employees Providend Fund Act,
Employees State Insurance Act, Minimum Wages Act and such other legislation.
26. None of the service provider’s personnel shall enter into any kind of work other
than provided under this contract, within the complex.
27. The personnel deployed by the service provider shall be of good conduct, character
and health. They should be in proper uniform and identity cards whenever they
are in the complex. The service provider is bound to remove any of the person
employed by him and arrange for replacement of removed person as and when
advised to do so by the bank.
28. The service provider shall be solely responsible for the integrity of the personnel
deployed. If any of the service provider staff found misbehaving with employees of
the bank or participant, the service provider shall terminate the services of such
29. The bank shall not be responsible for any injury or loss of life occurring during the
performance of duties in the premises to any personnel deployed by the service
provider. Any compensation or expenditure towards treatment for such injury or
loss of life shall be borne by the service provider.
30. No residential accommodation would be provided by the bank to the service
provider and / or to the persons engaged by him.
31. The service provider and his personnel shall co-operate with the security agencies
deployed in the campus and shall be thoroughly checked every time they leave the
premises by the security personnel at the main gate.
32. The contract will be initially for a period of 12 months, which may be further
extended at the discretion of the bank. The contract can be terminated by either
party by giving one month’s notice. However, the service provider undertakes to
continue to discharge his duties and obligations, until the bank engages a new
33. General Details:
i) All cleaning material such as phenyl, disinfectants, deodorants, odonil,
room fresheners, insecticides like finit, hit, air-fresheners stick, air-
fresheners round, dettol, handwash, liquid soap, sani cubes, squeeze, vim
powder, naphthalene balls, necessary tools for cleaning and maintenance
shall be provided and arranged by the service provider at his own cost.
ii) The service provider shall arrange all cleaning materials as indicated
• Hard brush/soft brush.
• Soft / Hard duster.
• Multi Wash
• Dry mops kit
• Glass cleaner
• WC cleaner
34. Personal required:
i) Sweepers/Laborers:/Cleaners/Mopers/Dusters : 20
ii) Supervisor : 01
Total : 21
SCOPE OF WORK
Union Bank of India intends to avail services for house keeping of its premises at Union
Bank Bhavan, 239 Vidhan Bhavan Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400 021.
The service provider is supposed to provide qualified and experienced personnel for
house keeping work, to discharge the following functions: -
• Cleaning the immediate periphery of the building and utility rooms of the building.
• Sweeping and moping of the Main Entrance lift lobby, walls, boards, lifts thrice daily
• Sweeping and moping of guard’s cabins, basement cabins, compound and basement
area once in a day.
• Sweeping and moping of staircase, passages and all other office areas.
• Sweeping and moping of all floors daily in the morning before 9.00 a.m.
• Sweeping and moping of all executives’ cabins daily.
• Cleaning of all (gents & ladies) toilets on regular intervals of every two hours with good
quality of detergents and disinfectants.
• Removing choke-up of urine blocks from toilets.
• Cleaning of wall tiles, pots, partitions, windows etc to be cleaned every two hours.
• Weekly washing down of compound area and compound wall with detergents.
• Daily cleaning of tables, chairs, partitions, window, glasses, sofas, wooden racks, steel
cabinets etc on all the floors and executive cabins.
• Cleaning of carpets daily. Vacuum cleaning of carpets on all floors once in a week with
an imported vacuum cleaner for effective cleaning.
• Sweeping and cleaning of terraces and canopy once in a fortnight.
• Checking & removing of all choke-up drainage system once in a week and whenever
• Removing cobwebs daily.
• Removing stains from floor, walls, staircases, cabin doors, partition of cabin inside and
outside on a regular basis.
• Cleaning of aluminum panel fixed around the building upto 2nd floor twice a week.
• Shampoo cleaning of sofa sets, cushion chairs etc. once in a month of all floors.
• Cleaning of all the furniture’s in the building on daily basis.
• Floor mopping, table/window/glass cleaning on daily basis with necessary detergent
and cleaning material.
• Disposal of waste/garbage/stationery on daily basis to garbage bin.
• Cleaning of compound on daily basis.
• The full time employees should work from 7.00 am to 4.00 pm including lunch break of
one hour and Sundays and bank holidays.
• Any other work related to above.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SHORT-LISTING
Refer annexure IV of the tender document.
LOCATIONS TO BE COVERED
Complete Central Office located at Union Bank Bhavan, 239, Vidhan Bhavan Marg,
Nariman Point, Mumbai- 400 021
TWO PART OFFER
The offer will be in two parts; Technical & Commercial. Both the parts must be
submitted at the same time but in separate sealed covers, giving full particulars, addressed to
the Asst.General Manager (SSD), Union Bank of India, 7th Floor, Union Bank Bhavan, 239, Vidhan
Bhavan Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400 021 and duly super-scribed "Technical Offer for
House Keeping Agency" and "Commercial Offer for House Keeping Agency" on or before
05.10.2009 at 3.00 p.m
Bid Security of Rs.10000/ (Rupees ten thousand only), in the form of a Demand Draft /
Pay order issued by a scheduled commercial Bank favouring Union Bank of India, Payable at
Mumbai must be submitted along with the offer. This amount will be forfeited if the service
provider refuses to accept work order or having accepted the work order, fails to carry out his
obligations mentioned therein. Bank Guarantee in lieu of Bid Security will not be accepted.
No interest will be payable on the Bid Security amount. The bid security must be submitted
along with technical offer. In the event of non-submission of the bid security money of
Rs.10000/-, the proposal will be rejected. The bid security will be refunded to the un-
successful bidders only after the completion of the bid process.
The offer should remain valid for a period of 90 days from the date of opening of
TECHNICAL OFFER (TO)
The technical offer (TO) should be complete in all respect and contain all information
asked for in this document. It should not contain any price information.
It is mandatory to submit the technical details in the prescribed Proforma (Annexure-II)
duly filled in, along with your offer. In case of non-submission or partial submission of
technical details, the Bank, at its discretion, may not evaluate the offer. The TO must be
submitted in an organized and structured manner. No brochures/ leaflets etc., should be
submitted in loose form.
The TO should comprise of following:
1. Covering letter on the prescribed format (Annexure-I)
2. Service provider Profile (Annexure-II)
3. Declaration (Annexure-III).
4. Evaluation Criteria -Financial & Technical Parameters (Annexure-IV)
5. Photocopies of required certificates/documents/proof / P&L & Balance sheets, Copies
of order executed etc and all information sort as per Annexure-IV.
6. Documentation (Product brochures, leaflets, manuals, etc.)
7. Details of a reference site as per Annexure V.
8. Bid Security of Rs.10000/-, in the form of a Demand Draft / Pay Order issued by a
Nationalised Bank or Scheduled Commercial Bank favouring Union Bank of India,
payable at Mumbai.
COMMERCIAL OFFER (CO)
The Commercial Offer (CO) will give all relevant price information and will quote
prices only in Indian Rupees. The CO should not contradict the TO in any manner. The CO
should comprise of Bill of Material as per Annexure-VI. This must contain all price
information. Any system supplied free along with the offer or at a cost must be indicated
separately and specifically. The commercial offer should be submitted in a separate sealed
cover duly super-scribed "Commercial Offer for Housekeeping Agency".
The service charges shall be quoted only in Indian Rupees and inclusive of following:
• The service provider will be paid on monthly basis for the services rendered during the
preceding month for which he shall submit the bill for the agreed amount latest by 7th
of the following month.
• The amount quoted should be inclusive of all taxes, duties, excise etc excluding service
tax, which will be paid on actual as per prevailing rates.
• The charges for second year, if the bank decides to extend the contract for further
The Bank will shortlist service provider(s) who satisfy technical and other requirements laid
down in the document. The commercial bids of only those service provider(s) who have
qualified as per eligibility criterion for evaluation and technical Parameters will only be
opened. Short listed service provider(s) will be notified by E-mail/post and may send
authorised representative to be present at the time of opening of the commercial offer(s), if
NO ERASURES OR ALTERATIONS
Technical / Commercial details must be completely filled up. The corrections or
alterations, if any should be authenticated. In the case of the corrections / alteration are not
properly authenticated, the offer will be rejected.
The Commercial Offer shall be on a lump sum basis per month.
SERVICE CHARGES FREEZING
The service charges finalized shall remain valid for a period of one year from the date
of such finalization with the option to the Bank to review the service charges if necessary.
Offers will be evaluated in following stages:
Offers will first be scrutinized for compliance of condition of Technical Offer as stated
in this RFP.
A technical evaluation will be carried out of proposal of the eligible service provider(s)
on the parameters as mentioned in Annexure-IV. Bank reserves the right to reject the offer in
any of the following circumstances.
• If offer is incomplete and/or not accompanied by all stipulated documents.
• If any of the terms and conditions stipulated in this document is not accepted and
letter as per Annexure I is not submitted.
• If any of the specifications stipulated in Annexure II is not met.
• If required information with appropriate documents in support of the same is not
submitted as per Annexure III, IV & V.
Short-listing of service provider(s) based on the technical evaluation.
Opening and normalization of commercial offer of the short-listed service provider(s)
Bank reserves the right to reject commercial offer if:
• It is not as per prescribed format i.e. Annexure-VI
• Any condition stated by the service provider is not acceptable to the Bank.
NO COMMITMENT TO ACCEPT LOWEST OR ANY TENDER
The Bank shall be under no obligation to accept the lowest or any other offer received
in response to this notice and shall be entitled to reject any or all offers without assigning any
OPENING OF TECHNICAL OFFERS
Technical Offers will be opened on 05.10.2009 at 3.15 p.m. The representative of
the service provider should be present for the opening of the Technical Offers. No separate
intimation will be given in this regard to the service providers, for deputing their
OPENING OF COMMERCIAL OFFER
Commercial Offers of the shortlisted entries post opening of Technical Offer will be opened on
22.10.2009 at 3.15 p.m. The representative of service provider may be present. No separate
intimation to service provider will be given in this regard.
Selected service provider shall enter into SERVICE AGREEMENT with the Bank in the format
provided in Annexure VII.
(Letter to the Bank on the service provider's letterhead)
The Asst. General Manager,
Union Bank of India, Support Services Department,
Maintenance Division, 7th Floor, 239,
Vidhan Bhavan Marg, Nariman Point,
Mumbai – 400 021
Sub: Your RFP for Appointing an Housekeeping agency.
With reference to the above RFP, having examined and understood the instructions,
terms and conditions forming part of the RFP, we hereby enclose our offer for giving
housekeeping services at the mentioned premises.
We confirm that the offer is in conformity with the terms and conditions as mentioned
in the RFP.
We also confirm that the offer shall remain valid for ninety days from the date of the
We understand that the Bank is not bound to accept the offer either in part or in full
and that the Bank has tight to reject the offer in full or in part without assigning any reasons
We enclose Demand Draft/Order for Rs. Favouring Union Bank of India and
payable at Mumbai, towards bid security, details of the same are as under:
• Demand Draft / Pay Order No. :
• Date of Demand Draft / Pay Order :
• Name of Issuing Bank :
(Name & Designation, seal of the firm) Date:
SERVICE PROVIDER PROFILE
1. Name of the Organisation and Address.
2. Year of Establishment.
3. Status of the firm
(Whether Pvt.Ltd.Company / Public Ltd.Company / Partnership firm/Proprietorship
4. Name of Directors / Partners / Proprietor:
5. Whether registered with the Registrar of Companies / Registrar of Firms. If so,
mention number and date.
6. (a) Name and address of Bankers:
(b) Turn over of the Company / Firm in 2006-07,2007-08,2008-09:
(Please attach a copy of audited Balance sheet and Profit & Loss Account for
the years 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09,)
7. Whether registered for sales tax purposes. Is so, mention number and date. Also
furnish copies of sales tax clearance certificate.
8. Whether an assesses of Income Tax. If so, mention Permanent Account Number.
Furnish copies of Income tax clearance certificate.
9. Give details of the after service facility provided by your company / firm at Thane,
Navi Mumbai & Mumbai.
10. What are your fields of activities? Mention the fields on preference basis in the
order of annual turnover.
11. Since when and how long your Company / firm has been dealing in House Keeping.
12. If you are registered in the panel of other organizations / statutory bodies, such as
Banks, CPWD, PWD, MES etc for Housekeeping services furnish their names,
category and date of registration.
13. Furnish the names of renowned organizations, where you have provided services in
house keeping as the case may be in the last 3 years:
Name of the Organization with Address Duration of work Value of orders
with date of
(Please attach the copies of their orders)
1. I / We have read the instructions appended to the Proforma and I / We understand that
if any false information is detected at a later date, any future contract made between
ourselves and Union Bank of India, on the basis of the information given by me / us can
be treated as invalid by the Bank and I / We will be solely responsible for the
2. I / We agree that the decision of Union Bank of India in selection of Service providers
will be final and binding to me / us.
3. All the information furnished by me hereunder is correct to the best of my knowledge
4. I / We agree that I / We have no objection if enquiries are made about the work listed
by me / us in the accompanying sheets.
5. I / We agree that I / We have not applied in the name of sister concern for the subject
NAME & DESIGNATION:
SEAL OF THE FIRM / COMPANY:
The evaluation will be done on the following two parameters:
1. Financial parameters : 25 Marks
2. Technical parameters : 75 Marks
Parameters Max Marks Document Document
Marks Required Enclosed
Pl.tick ( / )
Average Annual 5 Minimum of Rs.20.00 lacs 03 Audited
Turnover of the firm More than Rs.20.00 lacs but 04 Balance
during last 3 years. less than Rs.50.00 lacs sheet
More than Rs.50.00 lacs 05 for the year
Net worth of the 5 NW Rs.10.00 lacs 04 Audited
Company as per latest Balance
NW above Rs10.00 lacs 05
balance sheet sheet for the
Profit of the last 5 Minimum profit of Rs.2.00 lac 04 Audited
financial year Profit above Rs.2.00 lac 05 Balance
sheet for the
Executed similar works 10 upto Rs.10.00 lacs 06 Copy of work
in last three years order
above Rs.10.00 lacs but less 08
than Rs.15.00 lacs
above Rs.15.00 lacs 10
Parameters Max. Marks
No. of years in the business of 15 Minimum 3 years 10
House keeping Above 3 years (one mark for
Location for support services 10 Location of support services in 10
Reference site 10 Minimum 2 Sites 08
Above 2 Sites (one marks for
Whether the company is ISO 05 ISO certified 05
certified. Not certified 0
Registration for Service Tax 10 Registration for Service Tax 10
No Registration 00
Registration for PF & ESIC 10
Registration for PF & ESIC 10
No Registration 00
No. of employees 15 Minimum 25 10
Above 25 empolyees. (One mark
additional per empolyees
In order to assist the process of evaluation, service providers are required to submit
documentary evidences to support their claims of these parameters. If the service provider
does not provide any of these details no marks will be given to the service provider in
evaluation process. Minimum qualifying marks required is 70
Reference Site Details (minimum two references)
Name of the Company
Address of the Company
Name, designation of contact person with Name:
telephone no. and e-mail ID Designation:
Cell No. :
Details of services provided in last 2 years
(Ref.No, date of order with photo copy of
(To be submitted separately in a sealed cover super-scribed as
"Commercial Offer for HOUSE KEEPING SERVICES)
We have gone through the details of terms/conditions and nature of services to be provided.
We have visited the site and got all necessary details. Accordingly, our charges for house
keeping services would be Rs._______________________ (In words:
Rs.______________________________________only) per month (lump sum) for 1 year. This
amount is inclusive of all kinds of rates, charges, wages etc but excluding service tax, which
will be paid on actual as per prevailing rates.
In case the bank decides to extend my contract for further period, our charges will be as
Year Amount per month
This amount is inclusive of all kinds of rates, charges, wages etc but excluding service tax
which will be paid on actual as per prevailing rates.
1. Prices must be quoted in WORDS AND FIGURES.
2. In case of any discrepancy, unit prices quoted in words will be considered for
computation of TCO.
AGREEMENT FOR HOUSE KEEPING SERVICES
This agreement is executed at _________________on __________________between
____________________________________ (carrying on the business of house-keeping services
hereinafter called and referred to as “Service provider” which term shall include his / their
successors / assigns) of the First Part and UNION BANK OF INDIA, a body Corporate constituted
under the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Act, 1970, having its
Head Office at Union Bank Bhavan, 239, Vidhan Bhavan Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai - 400
021(hereinafter referred to as “Bank” which term shall include its successors/ assigns) of the
WHEREAS the Bank is desirous of availing specialized house-keeping services for its Head Office
Building, known as Union Bank Bhavan for a period of one year or such extended period.
WHERE AS the Bank had floated a Request for Proposal (RFP) inviting proposals for specilised
house-keeping services and the proposal of Service Provider was considered in terms of RFP
WHEREAS the Service provider has agreed and undertake to render specialized house-keeping
services as per requirement and to the full satisfaction of the Bank as per the terms and
conditions and as per the scope of work to be assigned by the Bank mentioned herein below.
NOW THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSETH :
1. It is agreed and understood that all the terms & conditions and scope of work set
out in Request for Proposal shall be deemed to have incorporated herein and shall
be read as part & parcel of this agreement.
2. The Bank agrees to pay on monthly basis or as may be agreed upon between the
parties from time to time for the services that may be rendered by the Service
provider on performing the services to its fullest satisfaction as detailed in
schedule – I
3. The agreement shall be deemed to have come in to force only for a period of
twelve months with effect from _________ and shall remain valid upto _______ and
it may be extended for such other extended period for future and on such terms
and conditions as the Bank may decide in its own discretion / mutually agreed
upon. On expiry of the tenure of the agreement or on termination of the contract
for any reason whatsoever as per the terms and conditions, the Service provider
shall deliver the articles or other equipments or any other property of the Bank in
its / his possession in good condition.
4. The Schedules I, to this agreement shall form part of and be read as part of this
agreement. In witness where of the parties hereto have executed those on the day
month and year above mentioned.
5. The Service provider shall maintain regular and proper books of accounts and other
records, document, etc. supported by the vouchers so that the same may be
available for inspection by any authorized person.
6. In case the Service provider assigns or sub-assigns this contract without written
approval of the Bank and or attempts to do so or in case the performance of
Service provider is found to be unsatisfactory or violated / contravened any of the
terms and conditions contained herein and schedule hereto, the Bank shall have
the right to terminate the agreement without giving any notice to the Service
provider and without prejudice to its right to recover damages caused to the Bank
from the amount payable or otherwise.
7. The General Manager, in charge of Support Service Department of the Bank shall be
the sole authority to decide and judge the quality of the service rendered by the
Service provider and he shall determine payment of service charges as agreed
under these presents.
8. All questions relating to the performance of the obligations under this agreement
and to the quality of materials used in house- keeping and all the dispute and
differences which shall arise either during or after the agreement period or other
matters arising out of or relating to this agreement or payments to be made in
pursuance thereof shall be decided by the General Manager, in charge of Support
Service Department of the Bank whose decision shall be binding on the service
provider. The Service provider hereby agrees to be bound by the decision of the
General Manager, in charge of Support Service Department of the Bank.
9. The Service provider shall bear all the costs and expenses in respect of all charges,
stamp duties etc relating to this agreement.
10. The Service provider shall maintain good standard of services as indicated. The
performance of the service provider will be reviewed on monthly basis and in case
the services are not found up to the mark the contract will be terminated even
before the expiry of contract period by giving one month’s notice.
11. The service provider shall pay a Bid security deposit of Rs. 10000/- (Rupees Ten
thousand only) prior to commencement of service under this agreement. The Bank
shall be entitled to forfeit the same if the Service provider refuses to accept work
order or having accepted the work order, fails to carry out his obligations
12. The employees of the Service provider, their management, control, duty rosters,
administration, etc. will be dealt with and decided by the service provider being
their employer and engaged by them.
13. The Service provider shall issue appointment letters to all the persons employed by
him in connection with performance of his contract for house-keeping services,
furnish proof by submitting copies of such letters received by the employees. The
appointment letter shall make clear that the concerned employee is the employee
of the Service provider only and Bank where house-keeping services are rendered
has no obligation or any relationship to employment or otherwise whatsoever with
him/them. The Service provider will pay salary, allowances, etc. to his employees
as per rule at his end and the Bank will not be responsible for payment of anything
to the employee of the Service provider / Service provider.
14. The agreement shall be terminated as provided in clauses above (without notice) or
by the efflux of time or earlier by one month’s notice or at the discretion / at the
option of the Bank as the case may be. The Service provider shall also have the
option to terminate the agreement after giving one month's notice to the Bank.
15. Nothing contained in this agreement is intended to be nor shall be construed to be
a grant, demise or assignment in the law of premises or any part thereof by the
Bank to the Service provider or his employees and the service provider and his
employees shall vacate the same on the termination of the agreement period
either by efflux of time or otherwise.
16. It is understood that this agreement is a Contract for service and not a contract of
service. The Service provider shall ensure that in any event number of persons
sent over to the bank’s premises shall always be 21 or less.
17. The service provider shall submit such proof from time to time as may be
demanded by the Bank with respect to payment of Provident Fund, ESI, and
statutory dues payable under laws with respect to services offered by the service
provider. It is understood that along with invoice for payment of service charges
every month, proof of payment of wages, PF, ESI etc. namely wage slips, challans
of the previous month shall be submitted. This is a condition precedent for
processing bill for service charges.
18. The service provider shall indemnify, save losses and keep indemnified the bank
against any loss, claim including from statutory authorities with respect to
obligations under these presents.
19. On termination of the contract by the Bank for any reason whatsoever, the Bank
shall be entitled to engage the services of any other person, agency or Service
provider to meet its requirement, without prejudice to its rights including claim for
damages against the Service provider.
SCHEDULE – I
TERMS OF PAYMENTS
(To be filled in after finalisation with the service provider before execution of agreement)