Chapters 1,3,4, & 5
1. Define Anatomy.
2. Define Physiology
3. List the six levels of organization.
4. Name the regional term for the following:
1. Wrist- 6. Thigh-
2. Navel- 7. Breastbone-
3. Armpit- 8. Neck-
4. Anterior knee- 9. Groin-
5. Calf- 10. Shoulder-
5. List the 3 structures of a generalized cell:
6. What is the “control center” of the cell?
7. Define a cell.
8. What structure produces cellular energy?
9. Define Chromosomes.
10. What event always precedes cell
division? Pg. 79
11. Name and match the DNA & RNA
12. What is a codon? Give an example.
13. Define Mitosis, and Cytokinesis.
14. Briefly describe what happens in each
phase of mitosis.
15. Define mRNA & tRNA.
16. Define Translation and Transcription.
17. What is an anticodon. Where is it found?
18. Define avascular.
19. Define the following:
simple- stratified- pseudo-
20. The prefix “Osseo-” means what?
21. Give examples of Dense Connective
22. Draw and identify the four phases of
23. Define edema.
24. What are voluntary muscles? Examples.
25. What is smooth muscle? Examples.
26. Define the following:
27. Define: Epidermis- Dermis-
28. Define Melanin.
29. Define: Jaundice- Cyanosis-
30. Identify the three types of skin cancer,
name the most deadly.
31. Name the five functions of our bones.
32. How many bones total?
33. Name the two types of boney tissue.
34. Name and describe the two divisions of
35. Name and give the number of, the three
different types of vertebrae.
36. Give the names of the following bones of
top/side of the head- upper lip-
above the ear- nose-
back of the head-
37. Name and locate the three bones that
make up the arm.