Learning Center
Plans & pricing Sign in
Sign Out



									             May I Use My Government Card For (FAQs)

“May I use my Government Purchase Card (GPC) at and/or for…?”

Listed in alphabetical order…


Army FAR Supplement section 5113.270-90 dated: 22 May 2007 authorizes
Government Purchase Card purchases from AAFES stores. AAFES offers a 10%
discount for purchases made with the GPC.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


All XVIII ABN Corps Units must establish an account with DA Form 1687, Notice of
Delegation of Authority – Receipt for Supplies, and a copy of their Commander's
Assumption of Command Orders.
First verify if Tobyhanna can make repairs/upgrades. If not, then Tobyhanna can TI the
equipment on Wednesdays for coding out. An estimate can be provided for all
equipment receiving repairs or upgrade. All UPGRADING must be paid for with GPC
credit card. Individual XVIII Airborne Corps units do not pay separately for repairs done
by Tobyhanna as those repairs are charged directly to MIPR'ed funds provided by XVIII
Airborne Corps.

All units are responsible for providing DA Form 2407, Maintenance Request, to process
their repair jobs. The telephone number for the Tobyhanna office is (910)396-3080 and
we are located in Bldg J-2144 Knox Street Complex beside CIF.

Only those units belonging directly to the XVIII Airborne Corps are required to contact
the Tobyhanna office first for ADPE repairs and upgrades. Units that are classified as
"tenant activities" of Fort Bragg (activities receiving funding from organizations other
than the XVIII Airborne Corps or Garrison Fort Bragg) may use the Tobyhanna office,
but they are not required to. Examples of Fort Bragg tenant activities include USASOC
Command, USA Cadet Command/1st Region ROTC, Womack Army Medical Center,
USA Dental Activity, DRMO, and Fort Bragg Schools. STAMIS repairs are done for both
tenant activity and 18th ABN Corps units without charge.
                                    AS OF: JUNE 2007


Units are not authorized to purchase ACUs with the Government Purchase Card
(GPC). The Program Executive Officer (PEO) fields ACUs to deploying units. The
PEO is NOT issuing ACUs to individual soldiers, only to deploying units against a Unit
Identification Code (UIC)s due to the fact that a soldier receives a clothing
allowance. ACUs are not issued from the Central Issue Facility (CIF).
If a deploying unit does not receive a fielding of ACUs at their home station/mob station,
the PEO is currently setting up a facility at the Reception, Staging, Onward movement
and Integration (RSOI) and they may receive them when they in-process in theater (for
those units deploying to Iraq, there is no facility in Afghanistan but there will be a fitting
team assigned to Afghanistan who will fit the soldiers and then fill the order in Kuwait
and bring back to Afghanistan).

Cardholders found to be violating Army Regulation 715-XX, revised dated 21 Mar 06,
will be suspended immediately and risk having their GPC terminated. Furthermore,
Billing Officials who have already authorized the purchase of ACUs with the GPC, have
committed a Unauthorized Comment (UAC) and risk the suspension/termination of your
Government Purchase Card Account.

AR 710-2, Supply Policy Below the National Level, dated 8 Jul 05, prohibits local
purchase of anything that is in the DoD Wholesale Supply System, unless the supply
support activity approves it.

                                    AS OF: JULY 2010


As specified at Section 101-41.203-1 of the Federal Property Management (FMP)
Regulation, all passenger transportation services shall be procured with a GTR (Ft
Bragg DOL Logistics Division Movements Branch issues these GTRs), Government
contractor-issued charge card, or centrally billed account (CBA) (Carlson-Wagonlit at Ft
Bragg). Units should have both 24 hour numbers available and provide to the traveler.
For Defense Travel System (DTS) travelers, the traveler should have the phone number
of their Defense Travel Administrator (DTA) and in the case that a situation needs to be
forwarded to Carlson Wagonlit, the unit should have an after hours policy in place. The
FMP regulation further specifies that agency heads or their designees may specify
which of these Government-provided methods of payment, or combination thereof,
travelers will use to procure official passenger services.

It is the Department of Defense policy that the individual government, contractor-issued
travel card (also known as a corporate card) be the primary method of payment for
expenses incurred in the performance of official travel. Travel or travel-related purposes
are listed as restricted purchases in GSA's purchase card contract. Per the contract,
airlines and travel agencies are two of the types of businesses for which transactions
should be denied under the government purchase card.

One of the services available with the government (corporate) travel card is the
issuance of Centrally Billed Accounts. Categories of travelers who would use CBAs
would include, but are not limited to, those on official travel, new recruits and employees
who do not yet have travel cards, travelers on invitational orders, prisoners, group
travelers, and personnel to whom the local management has denied an individual travel
card. Billing statements are mailed to the requesting organization (DOL Logistics
Division Movements Branch) and paid via the CBA process. CBAs are provided without
preset expenditure limits. The Government assumes liability only for charges authorized
in accordance with Government travel regulations (e.g., Federal Travel, Joint Travel,
and Foreign Travel
Regulations) and agency/organization internal travel policies. For additional information
please refer to the Travel Card Program Transition Instructions at
<> or contact the Travel Card Program Manager, at
(703) 602-4885. Any purchase card accounts established for unit travel will be phased
out as activities open travel card accounts for the above purposes.

GTRs (SF 1169, U.S. Government Transportation Request) are to be used to procure
passenger tickets when centrally-billed accounts of the government's charge card
company are not used. Passenger tickets, for individual members that do not have an
individual travel card, and their unit has not established a unit travel card (CBA), but
who must return to their home station or other destination while traveling under group
orders, should be procured by issuance of a GTR by the group's TA (Travel Authority).
Travelers (members) without funds should request issuance of a "cost charge GTR".

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007



                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

My BN Commander wants to purchase Velcro jumpmaster bands to be issued to all
active jumpmasters. These bands are expendable items and will not be personally
engraved. They will be accounted for on a DA Form 3645-1 and signed out to the
individual from the unit Supply Room. Is this acceptable with the GPC card?

Arm bands are required for safety purposes and will be supply item and not personal
property. Therefore there is no legal objection to acquiring the items or to using the
GPC to do so. As always, the cost should be reasonable.

                                  AS OF: JULY 2010


IAW a memo dated 11 Feb 99, Subject: Dorm and Quarters Furniture Pilot Program,
Para 1, no UNICOR waiver is required for the period 1 Jan 00 through 2005. Individuals
may order from whichever source provides the best value for the Government.

                                  AS OF: JULY 2007


Battalion T-Shirts cannot be purchased with the GPC. In fact, normally, no items of wear
may be purchased with the GPC card. There can be exceptions for Reenlistment
incentives and CTA 50-900 items that are authorized and local purchase is authorized.
GPC cardholders will need assistance to make any purchases of items of wear and
should not attempt to make purchases by themselves. Please contact your GPC
Account Manager.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

This is a personal purchase.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


FORSCOM Budget Message 050038. Units cannot purchase ANY Body Armor with
their GPC. Units can obtain authorized body armor as specified by their requirements
from Directorate of Logistics (DOL) Central Issue Facility (CIF). Units will need to
provide their requirements to the DOL Support Operation Branch (910)396-2893/6478.
CIF is located in the basement of the Soldier Support Center .

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


Principles of Federal Appropriations Law Volume I (General Accounting Office,
Comptroller General of the US) states that prior to utilizing appropriated funds for
purchases of books and periodicals (including newspapers), one must carefully consider
the 'necessary expense' rule. If you determine that the book(s) or subscription(s) you
want to purchase are a necessity for mission requirement and/or will significantly aid
mission accomplishment, you may proceed with the purchase(s).

Books and periodicals should be related to matters of professional/technical training, not
just morale reading or even current events (like newspapers at home station) unless the
organization’s mission requires this, like G-5 or the Public Affairs Office.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

Bottled water is ordinarily considered a personal expense of the government employee
and normally, appropriated funds are not allowed to pay for personal expenses. One
exception is when an agency wishes to use appropriated funds to purchase bottled
water when the work site has no available potable drinking water or when the available
drinking water poses health risks if consumed.

Here at Fort Bragg, if you are concerned about the safety of your drinking water, contact
Environmental Health Services, Department of Preventive Medicine, 396-2045 to
determine eligibility for the purchase of bottled water. The Department of Preventive
Medicine will authorize the purchase of bottled water for a six-month period of time for
buildings with non-potable water and buildings that do not have approved water
sources. Forward a copy of this authorization to your GPC account manager.
Organizations with potable water WILL NOT receive recommendations to purchase
bottle water.

In the past, authorizations to purchase water were given by DPW if you did not have a
drinking fountain; however, if another source for water is available this is unacceptable
and you are not authorized to purchase water.

Consequently, letters authorizing the use of OMA funds to purchase bottled water due
to having no water fountain that were issued by DPW are rescinded effective
immediately. If you have any questions about what qualifies as appropriate "sources"
of water to buildings, you may call DPW, 396-3951. This is an inspection item that will
be noted during annual GPC account reviews.

                                 AS OF: October 2010


AR 30-22, The Army Food Program, Ch 5 Para 19e, dated 10 May 05). Units requiring
bottled water for deployments will need to submit a DA 3161 request through Troop
Issue Subsistence Activity (TISA) at (910)396-4280/6718. Units must provide the unit
DODAAC and APC along with certification from their budget personnel stating
availability of funds.

                                   AS OF: June 2007

Ordinarily purchasing drinking water is not allowed using appropriated funds. One
exception is when an agency wishes to use appropriated funds to purchase bottled
water for remote work sites that have no available potable drinking water or when the
available drinking water poses health risks if consumed. Before attempting to make a
purchase for bottled water, clear documentation must be provided that a) the affected
Soldiers or civilians will be working in remote areas not served with potable drinking
water sources for an extended period (longer than a typical workday, for instance), b)
suitable drinking water is not already available through Command resources, and c) a
written determination that providing potable drinking water using bottled water, coolers,
jugs, or other methods was considered and that bottled water is the best way to
accomplish that. If all these are met, bottled water may be purchased with the GPC
card (up to $3,000.00 single purchase limit). (Based on GAO Decision Department of
the Army—Use of Appropriations for Bottled Water, Case number B-310502, dated
February 4, 2008.)

                                 AS OF: October 2010


Units cannot use their GPC to pay to change building locks. Units may call in a service
order for THREE or less locks that need repair/replaced. Units must submit a DA 4283
Facilities Engineering Work Request to DPW Customer Service Branch when the
requirement total exceeds THREE locks. DPW will select the locksmith and verify the
scope. The customer will fund the request through DPW.

If locks are damaged due to NFWT (not fair wear & tear), then a Report of Survey or
Statement of Charges must accompany the DA 4283 work request.

For more information regarding changes to building locks contact the DPW, Facility
Maintenance Division at (910) 432-6336.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


Units may not use the Government Purchase Card (GPC) to rent/lease buses. Units
needing bus support should contact the DOL, Transportation Division Motor Pool
(TMP), (910)396-1992; If the TMP cannot assist
with the bus requirement TMP will provide a memo of No Availability and direct you to
Group Movements. DOL, Transportation Division, Group Movement Section will work
with you on providing bus support, 396-5802/1513, as of June 2007


                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


The printing of business cards at Government expense is authorized when those cards
are considered necessary to perform official duties and to facilitate mission
related business communications. When appropriated funds are used, individual
offices are responsible for funding the cost of producing business cards. Cards will be
procured using the most economical authorized method.

Commercially Procured Cards: Rarely.

Commercially procured business cards are generally restricted to designated
investigators and recruiters. A Brigadier General (BG) or SES equivalent must approve
commercial procurement and printing of business cards. Cards commercially procured
with appropriated funds will be procured through the Defense Automated Printing
Service. Cards will be limited to a single color of ink unless a BG or SES equivalent has
granted an exception and only when the use of more than one color provides
demonstrable value and serves a functional purpose.

Customized embossed or engraved cards: NO.

Customized embossed or engraved cards will not be procured at Government expense.

Cards Produced In-House: YES.
Cards produced in-house must use existing computer hardware and software. No
special hardware, software, or card stock will be procured for the express purpose of
producing business cards. Only standard business card stock that is available through
normal supply channels may be used. Cards will contain only the necessary business
information such as the name of the organization, office, activity, or unit represented;
official mailing address; name of individual; DSN, commercial telephone, and facsimile
numbers; and office and e-mail addresses. Only approved organization logos may
appear on business cards.

NOTE: The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc., an AbilityOne (Javits-Wagner-O’Day
(JWOD)) participating non-profit agency and the Federal Prison Industries (UNICOR),
may be used as an alternate source of procuring business cards when the cost is
equivalent or less than the cost of producing the cards on a personal computer.
Activities supported by DAPS must submit requirements through DAPS. Activities who
have been exempted from requirements to use DAPS may submit requests directly to
the agency.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


The term "Buying Green" refers to the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
(RCRA) of 1976 and subsequent Presidential Executive Orders mandating federal
agencies to buy biobased, environmentally preferable, energy-efficient, water-efficient
and recycled content items to the maximum extent possible. Among the products
included in the act are writing/copier paper, toner cartridges, envelopes/folders, toilet
paper, trash bags, pallets, traffic cones, office furniture, signage, mats, awards and
plaques, etc.

In 1995, EPA issued the first Comprehensive Procurement Guideline (CPG), which
covered EPA's original 5 procurement guidelines and added 19 products. The first CPG
update (CPG II), published in November of 1997, designated an additional 12 items. A
second CPG update (CPG III), published in January 2000, designated an additional 18
items. A third CPG update (CPG IV), published in April 2004, designated an additional
seven items and revised three existing item designations. A listing is available in Bulletin
23 (April/June 2000) of the GPC Information Newsletter link on this website. Products
must meet specific percentages of recycled content. Percentage information is available
for all products at the websites and

RCRA allowed for four exemptions to the requirement:
(1) Product cost is unreasonable to that of a comparable product made from virgin
(2) Product is not readily available when needed;
(3) Product does not adequately perform or
(4) Product is not available from a sufficient number of sources to maintain a
satisfactory level of competition.

Important Note: Executive Order 13423 (January 2007) requires federal agencies to buy
recycled paper with at least a 30% post-consumer content. GPC cardholders SHALL
comply with the requirement to buy recycled paper whenever possible, without the
option of claiming price or performance as exemptions. Helpful Hint: Writing and printing
paper manufactured by AbilityOne (formerly JWOD (Javits-Wagner O’Day Act) ).

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


In accordance with AR 25-1, Army Knowledge Management and Information
Technology, dated 15 Jul 05. Cable television services can be purchased with the
GPC purchase card when it is for official use only. Appropriated funds may be used to
purchase the following authorized cable television services in support of official Army
when needed to accomplish the organization’s mission. Cable must be paid monthly as
services are received. Units are authorized to purchase:
      Standard cable television service which includes local, national and cable news
        channels and weather channels;
      Install/connect cable television outlets;
      Converter box and remote rental for televisions that are not cable ready;
If the requirements for Cable will exceed the $2,500 GPC single purchase threshold, the
billing official will need to contact their account manager for further guidance.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


Camelbaks cannot be purchased with the GPC. Camelbaks are part of the Modular
Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment (MOLLE) issued by the Central Issue Facility
(CIF). AR 670-1, Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia, dated 3
February 2005 gives authority for soldiers to wear personal hydration systems while in
uniform. It does not give authority to purchase those systems with Appropriated Funds
(APFs) and then issue them to soldiers. Presently the Army is issuing personal
hydration systems to all deploying Soldiers through the Rapid Fielding Initiative.(RFI)

Activities requiring a personal hydration system for other mission-specific reasons must
requisition the items IAW AR 710-2, Supply Policy Below the National Level, dated 8 Jul
05. If the supply support activity cannot fill the requisition they will authorize local

Rapidly deployable units within USASOC should contact the USASOC DCS G-4 to
ensure their deployment has been identified to the RFI team and that an issue of RFI
equipment is scheduled at their mobilization or deployment site.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


You may use the GPC to purchase carpet. The DPW POC's phone number is: (910)

                              AS OF: SEPTEMBER 2007


Buildings authorized custodial services on the postwide contract, will procure project
work using the Fort Bragg custodial contractor. Project work includes stripping/rewaxing
floors, carpet cleaning/shampooing, and spot cleaning (one-time startup service).
Project work is in addition to routine services provided by the custodial contractor and
payment for services is made separately via the GPC. The building monitor will order,
inspect and accept/reject project work, and will make payment recommendation to the
authorized GPC cardholder for accepted project work in accordance with contract unit
prices. If you have any questions, call Chief, Service Contracts Office, Directorate of
Public Works, at 396-6455, ext 601.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

As of 1 October 2006 it was mandated by NETCOM, Ft. Huachuca , activities must
utilize a Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) for the purchase of cellular telephones and
service. ALL major vendors, Alltel, Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, and T-Mobile have BPA's.
All services and equipment can be paid for with the GPC. Credit card payments should
be authorized only through the vendor government representative to ensure proper
credits are applied as stated in the BPA. The activity IMO must come through the
Directorate of Information Management, (910)396-3513/1434, to order equipment, set
up a new account or make changes to an existing account.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


All unit/activities utilizing a BPA to purchase Cellular Telephones and service, to include
XVIII ABN Corps, Garrison Activities, Tenant and Army Activities off the installation
(JROTC/ROTC, Raleigh/MEPS, etc.) are authorized to use the GPC to pay for these
services. Requirements for this service on Ft. Bragg must be forwarded through the
Directorate of Information Management, (910)396-3513/7431.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007



Not legal for the change of command because they are not reasonable and necessary
to execute a change of command.


Cardholders cannot use their GPC to rent rooms for change of command receptions

PER AR 25-30, the Army Publishing Program, dated 27 Mar 06. Printing must be done
through Document Automation and Production Service (DAPS).

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


CLASS III ITEMS (Petroleum, Oil and Lubricants) : Yes, only from SSSC store and
with advance approval.

Effective 1 March 2005, units are required to purchase Class III items (AR 710-2,
Supply Policy Below the National Level, See Table 1-1, Classes of Supply, 8 Jul 05)
from SSSC. Class III items include petroleum and solid fuels, including bulk and
packaged fuels, lubricating oils and lubricants, petroleum specialty products; solid fuels,
coal, and related products.

The DOL Hazardous Material Management Program (HMMP) Standard Operating
Procedures, dated 23 September 2009 has more information. In short, advance notice
through SSSC is required as well as advance approval through the GPC office (contact
your account manager).

The DOL and SSSC will review and process unit requests, deliver products requested
with 72 hours of purchase and pick up empty hazardous waste containers on a bi
weekly basis.

If your unit needs Class III items in excess of $2,500 at any one given time, you need to
contact DOL (910)396-2317 or (910)396-2325 for assistance.

                                AS OF: September 2010


If the unit has an organizational account through the Directorate of Logistics (DOL), the
source for dry cleaning these items is the Post Laundry located in Bldg 8T-3201,
Macomb St. D&S Textile Services, Inc, is the current installation contractor. The POC
for the contract can be reached at the Post Laundry, 396-2224. If for some reason the
laundry won’t accept the items for dry cleaning, units are then authorized to use the
GPC card to have flags, guidons, and streamers dry cleaned at a local dry cleaners.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007


Purchases of clothing with appropriated funds are authorized ONLY if one of the three
statutory provisions below applies:
     5 U.S.C. 7903 Special Clothing for Hazardous Occupations
     5 U.S.C. 5901 Uniform Allowances
     29 U.S.C. 688 Authority under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Do not use the GPC to purchase clothing or items of wear unless the items are
authorized for your unit by an applicable CTA (such as CTA 50-900 or CTA 50-909) or
regulation AND the Supply Support Activity, or AR 710-2, authorizes local purchase.
Items of wear may not be purchased with the GPC just because other units have them
or they appear to be something that would be useful for a current or upcoming mission.
Local purchase without use of the supply system, via GPC or otherwise, of items not
authorized by CTA or regulation violate VCSA guidance on offline purchases, AR 710-2
and can result in violations of the Anti-Deficiency Act. Ask for assistance from your S-
4/G-4, the DOL and/or supporting legal office before making any purchase of items of
wear unless you have determined that the items are authorized y the applicable CTA,
an Army Regulation or by the Supply Support Activity.

                              AS OF: FEBRUARY 2007


                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007
COMMANDER'S COINS (FORSCOM): Yes, with appropriate administrative approval.
IAW Fort Bragg Master Policy Letter No. 13, 3 March 2005, FORSCOM Unit Coin
Medallion (UCM) Policy, 20 Sept 2010 and paragraph 11-4, AR 600-8-22, 11 Dec 2006.

FORSCOM Major Subordinate Commanders are delegated authority to expend a
reasonable amount of locally available operating funds- up to $5,000.00 per fiscal year-
under their awards program to purchase unit coin medallions. The admin approval must
be signed by the first general officer in your chain of command or for non-general officer
commands; authority is delegated to the DCG, XVIII Airborne Corps and Fort Bragg.
IAW the above FORSCOM guidance, coins must bear an inscription that identifies it as
an award, e.g. "For Excellence" or "In Recognition of Outstanding Performance".
Coins that do not bear the appropriate inscription may continue to be awarded until
supplies are exhausted. Commanders will ensure, however, that once existing supplies
are exhausted, replacement coins will bear the appropriate inscription. Only units of
battalion level and higher are authorized to award commander’s coins and to purchase
them with appropriated funds. Appropriated fund purchases of coins that do not comply
with the FORSCOM guidance violate the Purpose Statute and collection action must be

 IMPORTANT: Mission funded coins cannot be presented to non-DoD affiliated
civilians such as visiting dignitaries or contractor employees.

It is also important to remember that normal GPC rules remain in effect regarding
single purchase limits and that purchases exceeding $3000 can only be made to
existing contract vehicles, such as GSA schedules, BPAs or others. Contact your
account manager for more information.

                               AS OF: OCTOBER 2010

COMMANDER'S COINS (IMCOM)- Yes, with limitations IAW AR, 600-8-22, Military
Awards, Chapter 11. 11 Dec 2006

IMA currently has no separate policy on Commander’s Coins so they can only be
authorized, funded, purchased and awarded in strict compliance with AR 600-8-22,
Chapter 11 if recipients are military or as Incentive Awards if to be awarded to DA

IMPORTANT: IMA funded coins cannot be presented to non-DoD affiliated
civilians such as visiting dignitaries or contractor employees.
                                  AS OF: JULY 2007

There are only four methods to be used for small package shipments, such as FEDEX.
Effective 1 Nov 03 DFAS will no longer process SF 1034s, Miscellaneous Payments, for
these type shipments. You must (mandatory per DA) use one of the four methods
 1. Shipment through the transportation freight section. Same procedures as larger
freight shipments to include the standard document number starting with FRT. No risk of
interest on activities part as payments is made through PowerTrack.
 2. Use of your Government Purchase Card (GPC) for payment. All GPC rules must be
followed. Timely certification of the GPC eliminates interest and results in rebates.
 3. Use the installation mail distribution system. No risk of interest on activities part as
well as cost to activity as payment is generated by Official Mail and Distribution Center
(OMDC) of the Installation AG.
 4. Use a delivery order against a GSA authorized contract. Contact Contracting for
details if this is desired. Activities will still have to do receiving reports and risk payment
of interest if they use this method. It is better to use one of the three described above.

                                    AS OF: JUNE 2007


Under the following additional guidance: A written statement (e-mail acceptable) from
the attendee’s supervisor to pay for conference/registration fees is authorized until
guidance mandates the use of a DD 1556, REQUEST, AUTHORIZATION,
types of fees. Local forms/memos or requirement through chain of command to
authorize payment is acceptable.
The attendee, or their supervisor, is responsible to provide the cardholder with
information and approval to pay for the fees. Please note that conference/registration
fees are often paid over the Internet.

Registration/conference fee may be paid with the travel card if absolutely necessary.
However, these fees should be paid with the GPC in lieu of the travel card.

GPC cardholders should not pay for fees that have already been paid by the attendee.
 Often conference/registration fees are offered at a lower cost if attendees register
before a specified date and time. The attendee may forget and file their original receipt
to be reimbursed for the fee and obtain payment for the fee.
The attendee shall provide in writing (e-mail acceptable) to the cardholder one of the
following statements:
      Confirm that they attended the conference.
      Notify the cardholder that they will not be attending the conference. The
cardholder will then obtain credit for the fee from the vendor. Some fees may not be
fully refunded. If the attendee does not have a supervisor approved excuse for not
attending the conference; the attendee may be responsible to reimburse the
government the amount of the fee that is not refunded to the government.
Note: Attendees are not authorized to change the conference fee to another
Partial list of factors why the GPC is the method of payment for conference/registration
fees vs. the travel card:
      Fees are often required to be paid in advance of a conference and the attendee is
unable to obtain reimbursement prior to the conference.
      The new Defense Travel System (DTS) does not allow for conference fees
      Use of the travel card to pay for fees has skewed the cost of TDY travel costs of
meals, lodging, rental cars, mileage, etc for the Army. Conference/registration fees are
funded under a separate EOR than the travel costs and one of the factors considered
by the Army to use the GPC to pay these fees.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007

See limitations below

Sometimes our customers have difficulty determining whether they are purchasing a
service requirement or a construction requirement. The Federal Acquisition Regulation
(FAR) and the DoD FAR Supplement (DFARS) references different labor standards for
each type of requirement, and outlines specific guidance for construction and service
contracts. In addition, there are also different Government Purchase Card (GPC)
purchase limits for construction and service requirements. DD Form 4283s must be
completed and approved for ALL improvements/renovations to real property - to
include painting, self-help projects, and carpeting. The POC at DPW can be
reached at the, Customer Service Branch, 396-4807. This is an item that is
inspected during your annual GPC account reviews conducted by this office.

Acquisition regulations state that contracts must incorporate the Davis Bacon Act (DBA)
for construction requirements over $2,000.00. The DBA applies to construction,
alteration, renovation, painting and repairs such as roof shingling, building structural
repair and paving repairs. The SCA applies to services such as installation of carpet,
equipment maintenance, installation of equipment and other post support requirements.
There are often "gray areas" where the type of requirement is unclear such as replacing
broken windows, spot painting or minor patching of a wall. In those cases, you should
use the following guidance in deciding how to define the type of requirement:
- Individual service calls or orders which will require a total of 32 or more work hours to
perform shall be considered a repair (construction) subject to the DBA. The GPC
purchase limit is $2,000.00.
- Individual service calls or orders which will require less than 32 work hours to perform
shall be considered to be a maintenance (service) subject to the SCA. The GPC
purchase limit is $2,500.00.
- Painting work of 200 square feet or more to be performed under an individual service
call or order shall be considered a construction subject to the DBA regardless of the
total work hours required. Painting of internal or external areas less than 200 square
feet may be done using the GPC provided that the $2,000.00 limit is not exceeded,
and that you adhere to the Fort Bragg color scheme policy. If you are not familiar with
the policy, you may obtain a copy from DPW before you proceed with the work.
- Per DPW, carpet may be purchased and installed using the GPC after DA4283 work
request is reviewed, approval granted, and guidance from Installation Design Guide
(IDG) is issued by DPW. The GPC purchase limit is $2,500.00.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


For those instances when using a GPC is impossible, a one-time payment with a
convenience check- through the MICC Center Fort Bragg- can be authorized up to
$3,000 for supplies, $2,500 for services, and $2,000 for construction. Payment by
convenience check is a less desirable payment method due to the added risk, the
accompanying accountability and oversight placed on these payments, and a 1.7
percent fee placed on such payments by the bank card issuer. Convenience checks will
only be authorized after evaluating all alternative methods of purchase and making a
positive recommendation that using such a payment is advantageous to the activity.
Before a check will be issued, the activity must make every effort to use the GPC card,
including making maximum efforts to find and use merchants that accept GPC. Contact
your GPC team account manager for more information. (See DoD Financial Regulation
DoD 7000.14-R, the DoD Government Purchase Card Guidebook, and Draft AR
715.XX, Government Purchase Card Program, date 7 may 2007)

                                AS OF: OCTOBER 2010

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


See NETCOM MOI 02-04 and 03-04. Any IT purchase i.e. desktop, notebooks,
software, etc., should use one of the vendors under the ID/IQ contracts available at the
Army Small Computer Program's website
(; cardholders must also make sure they
follow the guidelines for the purchase of C4/IT equipment with the GPC card and ensure
the purchase meets the Corps minimum standards (available on dragonnet, MOIs 02-04
and 03-04).

There are two annual Consolidated Buy (CB) periods planned, one in February/March
and the other in August/September. The customer will use the CB list during this period
to purchase desktop and notebook computers.
<> Any organization requesting to
purchase computers outside of the CB period or use any vehicle other than the CB
process will require an exception justification. This exception justification will be signed
by an O6/GS-15 equivalent, or above, at the requiring activity.

Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Standards: Section 508 of
the Rehabilitation Act requires that Electronic and Information Technology (EIT)
acquired by the Federal government be accessible by individuals with
disabilities. EIT includes, but is not limited to, printers, copiers, fax machines,
scanners, laptops, desktop computers, and telephones. All purchases of such
equipment must meet the criteria as outlined at this link:

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


The only software authorized to be loaded on desktops and notebooks is the operating
systems. Servers are to be purchased without an operating system (no software
loaded). The MS software/products are provided at no cost to the units with the
exception of certain items (and these are nominal at best); the POC for MS software is
the Deputy of NETCOM. In order to acquire the MS Office software, they must request
it from the Army Small Computer Purchase website
<> . They will click on Microsoft
Enterprise License Request, this will direct them to sign in to their AKO account. Once
they have completed the request, it will be forwarded to the Deputy of NETCOM. He
will need to know the number of systems being purchased, IP address of each system,
and number of site licenses required.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007


The current minimum standard for warranties on both desktops and notebooks is a
three-year warranty; therefore, an additional warranty purchase is not required.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007


Units can use their GPC to pay for and obtain court reporter services under $2,500,
ONLY, if it is in support of an EEO complaint or at the request of an attorney from the
Corps SJA office AND relates to either an EEO complaint or a Merit Systems Protection
Board appeal.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007

CROSS PENS: NO. You must purchase the mandatory AbilityOne (JWOD) items.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007

   Cultural awareness functions are functions hosted by the Equal Employment Office
   (EEO) and the Special Emphasis Committee. These functions introduce employees to
   different activities and traditions of a specific cultural group. Light refreshments, such
   as food samples related to the cultural group being introduced may be purchased with
   the GPC.

                                      AS OF: JUNE 2007


   If defined as project work. However, you must use the custodial contractor. Project
   work is defined as cleaning due to normal use but outside the scope of the contract, e.g.
   stripping and waxing of floors, high dusting, etc. If you have any questions, contact the
   Chief, Service Contracts Office, Directorate of Public Works, at 396-6455.

                                     AS OF: JUNE 2007


   IAW Army Regulation 735-5, Policies and procedures for Property Accountability, dated
   28 February 2005.
   If at the time of turn in, the rental company indicates there is damage to the property
   rented with the GPC, the GPC holder will need to provide a copy of the claim to your
   GPC account manager.

   Cardholders will not pay damages to the claim until instructed to do so by the
   GPC office.

   Units must initiate and complete a Financial Liability Investigation for Property Loss
   (FLIPL form) as follows:
1. The unit must notify the GPC office as soon as a damage claim is received.
2. The unit will have 15 calendar days to assign an investigating officer and notify the
   GPC office as to who will be conducting the investigation.
3. The unit will then have 40 calendar days to complete the investigation and send the
   completed report of investigation to the GPC office.
4. The GPC office will then forward the completed report of investigation to the XVIII
   Airborne Corps legal office where it will be reviewed and a recommendation will be
   given on actions to be taken by the GPC office to resolve the damage claim.
5. After the required actions are determined the GPC office will notify the unit of the

                                     AS OF: JULY 2010


   There are contracts in place to make repairs of damages due to non-fair wear and tear
   in all buildings on Fort Bragg, Camp McKall, and army-maintained buildings at Pope
   AFB for each of the following types of damages:
       1. Repair/Replace Window/Door Glass.
       2. Repair Electric Sliding Doors.
       3. Repair Bay Doors.
       4. Repair Interior and Exterior Personnel Doors.
       5. Repair/Replace Washers and Dryers.
   The authorized vendor for these services, excluding personnel door and washer and
   dryer repairs can be reached at 910-436-9021. For personnel door repairs contact the
   Service Contracts Office, 396-6455. For washer/dryer repairs/replacements contact the
   vendor at 910-897-8219. Using any other contractor for these repairs is a violation of
   existing contracts and also a violation of XVIII Airborne Corps Policy.
   Procedures: (1) If a unit knows that damages were caused by other than fair wear and
   tear, the GPC cardholder should contact the appropriate contractor for estimate and
   repairs. Upon completion of work, the contractor will provide the cardholder a copy of a
   contractor generated service order along with a copy of time control sheets and
   documentation listing actual materials used for the repairs. A copy will also be provided
   to the DPW inspector. After inspection of work is performed by DPW to ensure work
   was performed and is in compliance with contract specifications, the unit credit card
   holder should immediately provide credit card authorization for payment of services
   (2) If a unit calls in a request for work to the DPW Service Order Desk and the DPW
   Inspector suspects the damages may have been a result of non-fair wear and tear, the
   inspector will conduct an investigation to determine how the damages occurred. If he
   determines the damages were a result of non-fair wear and tear, the service order will
   be cancelled and the unit will be advised by the DPW inspector to contact the
   appropriate maintenance contractor for repairs. For additional information regarding
   these procedures call the DPW, Service Contracts Office, 396-2618/7395.

                                     AS OF: JUNE 2007

Per AR 215-1, 8-30, Military Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Programs and
Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities 24 Oct 06. Mobilization, Contingency and
Wartime Operations.
The Theater in a Box or Deployment Kit, NSN 7810004851519, may be provided by the
local OCONUS Directorate of Moral Welfare and Recreation (DMWR).

Units requiring items listed in AR 215-1, under 8-30 Military Morale, Welfare, and
Recreation Programs and Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities 24 Oct 06, should
contact their OCONUS MWR representative to see if the items are available to the unit
at no cost to the unit through OCONUS MWR donations.
If the items are not available through the OCONUS MWR, units can purchase items with
mission funds under CTA 50-909.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007

                                  DINING INS/OUTS:

Units cannot purchase special mementos such as such as gift glasses as mementos for
social events such as balls, dining in/outs, or change of command functions. Such items
are not legal because they are for a social event. Only General Officer (GO) protocol
funds or Non Appropriated Funds (NAFs) (in very limited circumstances) can be used
to purchase mementos.

PER AR 25-30, The Army Publication Program, dated 27 Mar 06. Programs for a social
event such as a ball cannot be printed with appropriated funds.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007

As a general rule, individual Soldiers are personally responsible for all cleaning and
maintenance of their uniforms. AR 670-1 states that all personnel will maintain a high
standard of dress and appearance. AR 210-130 establishes the policies for the Army’s
Installation Laundry and Dry Cleaning (L&DC) Operations. This regulation only applies
to Government-operated or contractor-operated L&DC facilities and authorizes, at the
installation commander’s discretion, dry cleaning of military uniforms at government
expense in support of military funerals. If a Soldier does not have access to an L&DC
facility or the installation commander has not given the required authorization, then the
general rule from AR 670-1 will govern and individual Soldiers will remain personally
responsible for ensuring that their uniforms are clean and serviceable.

Currently, Soldiers at Fort Bragg do not have access to an L&DC facility and are
responsible for the care and cleaning of their uniforms, including in support of military

                                AS OF: OCTOBER 2010


The Government Accountability Office has opined on numerous occasions that "funds
are not available for entry fees for such competitions." See, e.g. 73Comp. Gen. 169
(1994) and others cited in Volume 1 of the GAO Redbook on pages 4-127 and 4-161.
The fact that this would be done as a "unit" does not change the answer.

                                   AS OF: JULY 2010


You cannot use your GPC card to pay for excess baggage. However, there are options
the soldier can use to ship excess baggage.

Shipment as cargo (freight). The preferred method to ship all excess baggage is by
cargo. The soldier takes the bag(s) for shipment to the Distribution Management
Center, Bldg No. J-1951, Cook Street (off of Knox Street and Bragg Boulevard), Phone
(910)396-3024. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 0800 – 1330.

Shipment by commercial air. The soldier MUST inform Carlson-Wagonlit, AT THE
TIME THE RESERVATION IS MADE, that there is excess baggage. The traveler will
be given specific directions for shipment, i.e, the number of pieces and/or weight.
**Weapons will be “checked” and counted as one of your allowable bags.** Due to the
size of the airplanes flying out of Fayetteville, the soldier may have to take the bags to
the airport the night before, or first thing in the morning to insure the bags get on the
same flight as the soldier. This is no guarantee as the airline will take all passengers’
checked baggage before taking excess baggage.

Temporary change of station (TCS) soldiers will be issued a GTR, SF- 1169 at Port

Temporary duty (TDY) soldiers: TDY soldiers will be responsible for payment at the
airport by cash, personal credit card, or the Individual Government Travel Card. Excess
baggage shipped by military air will be paid through the fund cite on the orders at the

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


If authorized. Must have Local Purchase Authority.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


YES for Government vehicles. NO. For POVs, even if the POV is being used in a TDY
status. If you are in a travel status the toll expense should be claimed on your travel

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


AR 600-20, Army Command Policy, dated 7 Jun 06 and OTJAG Legal Review (29
August 2005), Information Paper; Family Readiness Group Support 27 September
2005. FRG mission activities must be supported using appropriated funds (APF) as a
commander’s program. As always, food and beverages may not be purchased with
APFs (with very limited exceptions). The FRG is not a Morale, Welfare and Recreation
(MWR) activity therefore, FRG activities will not be supported with non-appropriated
funds (NAF). Contact the Administrative Law Division of your supporting legal office for
more information on the new FRG policies.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


Per chapter 5 AR 608-1, Army Community Service Center, 6 Dec 06, FRG volunteer
expenses may be paid using the unit’s APF funds. Reimbursable expenses are
described in chapter 5 AR 608-1. Examples are, but not limited to childcare, telephone
bills, mileage and other out of pocket expense incurred while supporting the FRG’s
official mission. FRG volunteers must be registered with the local ACS, Army Volunteer
Corps Coordinator. For more information about volunteer registration, call 396-8160.

                                  AS OF JUNE 2007


What is the proper process for shipping packages supporting mission
requirements via FedEx?: USASOC and Fort Bragg have contracts in place for
FedEx shipments. In order to utilize these contracts, you must complete Fort Bragg
form FB 2083-E and take that form and your package to the mail room for USASOC or
the post office for Fort Bragg's contract.
USASOC elements should use these contracts for their FedEx shipments and
conserve their mission funds for other mission requirements.
However, units may want to consider establishing individual FedEx contracts to support
shipping FedEx packages when away from Fort Bragg. The Government Purchase
Card CANNOT be used for repetitive shipments when the total will exceed $2,500 in a

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

With appropriate Local Purchase Authority.
                                AS OF: JUNE 2007


Information is available at the Institute of Heraldry home page at
                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


For Procedures for Obtaining Flags, Guidons, or Streamers visit the Institute of Heraldry
home page at

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007

FLOWERS: In most instances- NO.

You can NOT use your GPC to purchase flowers for spouses for Change of Commands
or for civilians, active duty or retired members or for spouses of civilians, active duty or
retired members in times of illness or death. Also, you may not purchase flowers for
civilians, active duty or retired members, or family members for birthday celebrations.

Flowers can be purchased for decorations for common use areas or for landscaping.

                                   AS OF: JULY 2010

As per AR 600-8-22 para. 1-47 Military Awards 11 Dec 06. Although units are
permitted to wear jump wings, they are not permitted to purchase foreign jump wings as
an award to either hand out for themselves or for foreign students.


The GPC card is NOT authorized to purchase freon, unless there is a certified
52C/refrigerator mechanic and a military mission requirement. The GPC card IS NOT
authorized to pay for services that involve the removal of freon from old/broken
refrigerators and window A/C units prior to turn in of these items to DRMO. These
services can only be provided by a certified refrigeration mechanic and the appropriate
paperwork must be filled out and turned into DRMO with the refrigerator or AC unit.
DPW Environmental Compliance Branch provides that service and the appropriate
paperwork. A copy of the DRMO paperwork must also be provided to DPW
Environmental Division.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


Fuel for Government Vehicles
Gasoline for Rental Vehicles
Gasoline for Tactical Vehicles
Gasoline for Weed eaters and Lawnmowers

Each GSA lease vehicle is issued its own GSA credit card. On the front side of the
credit card at the bottom is the vehicle's tag number and the card can only be used to
fuel the vehicle it is assigned too.
                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007



A change to FAR 8.605, Exceptions, effective May 2003, has lifted the requirement for
cardholders to purchase all furniture items from UNICOR. When acquiring items
totaling $2,500.00 or less, the cardholder does NOT need to utilize UNICOR as a
mandatory source, nor does the cardholder need to submit a waiver to purchase
furniture from another source.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


If rental vehicle is being used on Fort Bragg, then the unit needs to obtain a fuel key in
order to access the Defense Energy Supply Center stations located on Knox
Street/MMB Blvd and Taylor Street/Gruber Road. If the unit does not have keys to use
the self-service stations, the unit may contact the DOL ,(910)396-2317, to obtain access
to the stations. POC for the Fort Bragg Fuel Program is at (910)396-6407.

If rental vehicle is being used away from Fort Bragg, then the user is probably on
Government Travel Orders and would use their Government Travel Card to pay for the
gasoline or pay out of pocket and claim reimbursement on Travel Voucher. However, if
the traveler is NOT on Government Travel Orders, they need to obtain a Voyager Card
in order to obtain fuel while away from Fort Bragg. POC for the Voyager Card is at 1-

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

For tactical vehicles in convoys, when user is not covered by Government Travel
Orders, the unit needs to obtain a Voyager Card in order to obtain fuel while away from
Fort Bragg. POC for the Voyager Card is at 1-888-785-1732.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


Units need to obtain fuel keys in order to access the Defense Energy Supply Center
stations located on Knox Street/MMB Blvd and Taylor Street/Gruber Road. If the unit
does not have keys to use the self service stations, the unit may contact the DOL,
(910)396-2317 to obtain access to the station. POC for the Fort Bragg Fuel Program is
at (910)396-6407.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


These are not an authorized purchase. EXAMPLE: Cardholders cannot purchase "gift
cards" from Wal-Mart to purchase items at SAMS Club.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


Units on Fort Bragg are required to go through the Directorate of Logistics, Materiel
Maintenance Branch (MMB) to replace broken glass in tactical vehicles or equipment
prior to going to the private sector for support. Units must first check with their Direct
Support Unit (DSU) prior to submitting a work request to the MMB. If MMB cannot
support the unit’s requirement, authorization will be provided allowing the unit to have
the repair done locally. This authorization must be kept in the GPC files.

 If the units have skilled technicians who are able to do the repair, they may do so
without going to MMB, however, they must go through the supply system first to
purchase the glass. Call (910)396-2317 to ensure that the required glass is not
available through the system. If the required glass is not available, then local purchase
will be authorized by SSSA IAW AR 710-2, Supply Policy Below the National Level,
dated 8 Jul 05, units must keep proper documentation in their files whenever the supply
system cannot meet a requirement.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


In accordance with AR 710-2. Unless a unit has an authorization document allowing
them to have GPS systems, they cannot have them. They cannot locally purchase
commercial GPS systems even if they are authorized to use them without a DLA Supply
Support Activity or AMC item manager approval.

                                   AS OF: JULY 2010


Cardholder must submit written request to the Motor Officer at the TMP requesting
modification authorization (running boards, bed liners). Cardholder will be notified of
GSA’s decision.
                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


According to G-4, the items are authorized and can be purchased with the GPC card.
To determine if the items meet the Security Guard uniform requirements, please contact
the USASOC Chief of Security.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007

You must first call the LCI/ SSSC, 910-436-0865, to insure the item is not currently
stocked or there is no substitute on hand. If not available, approval for purchase(s) will
be given by the LCI/SSSC. The Directorate of Public Works Environmental Compliance
Branch is responsible for coordinating a review of Hazardous Materials used and stored
on Fort Bragg. The intent is to find more environmentally friendly products and to reduce
the amount of hazardous waste generated on the installation.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007

HISTORICAL MILITARY UNIFORMS: ((For Units' Organizational Activities): NO.

Unless they listed in CTA 50-900 for the unit.
                                AS OF: JUNE 2007

personnel): Yes.

Special Clothing is considered to be clothing indigenous to specific locations and is
authorized for wear in OCONUS special operations missions only. The
Group/Brigade/Regiment/Joint Special Operations Task Force (JSOTF) Commander
(06 or above) is the approving authority for SC. All SC purchased will be controlled as
durable property and the cost is limited to a threshold of $500 per individual (the
USASOC, DCS, G-3 may authorize an exception to this amount).
                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


Cardholders needing to purchase insignia items should first check with the mandatory
sources listed at the Institute of Heraldry rather than making a local purchase. A listing
of potential sources can be requested through the Industrial Specialist, at the Institute of
Heraldry, DSN: 656-4985 or Commercial (703)806-4985. Remember, local purchase
of an insignia is only authorized when the insignia is authorized by CTA or the insignia
is required to be furnished at government expense indicated in AR 670-1, Wear and
Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia, dated 3 Feb 05 and AR 700-84, Issue and
Sale of Personal Clothing, dated 18 Nov 04. The cardholder must maintain evidence in
his/her file that the insignia was not available through the supply system. You can view
insignias at You can also
review the frequently asked questions listed at this site for additional authorized

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


AR 58-1, para 3-10, Management, Acquisition, and Use of Motor Vehicles, dated 10
Aug 04 allows installation/activity commanders to make short-term leases on nontactical
(NTV) vehicles. That paragraph should be reviewed before using the GPC card to rent
an NTV. If rental is authorized, the Contract Disputes Act governs claims for damages
to the vehicle while it is in the hands of the Government. You may not purchase
insurance with the GPC. If a problem does occur and a claim needs to be submitted
call your GPC account manager for assistance.
                                     AS OF: JUNE 2007


AR 25-30, para 7-12, The Army Publishing Program, dated 27 Mar 06 authorizes
General Officers to have GO-specific invitations printed. Active duty and Reserve GOs
and SES members who are current DA employees and are required to host official
Army sponsored functions may have stationery printed at Government expense.
Official functions include change of command, dedication, and recognition
ceremonies; receptions and other official DA functions at the installation level.

Standard stationery has been developed for use by these officials.
To avoid obsolescence, stationery will have the appropriate flag imprinted, but may not
contain the name of the GO or SES member. The flag must be printed in Red Pantone
185 ink only. Stationery may be completed in writing or imprinted locally.
See AR 25-30, para 7-12, The Army Publishing Program, dated 27 Mar 06 for additional
details on ordering and replenishment of stationery and invitations.
Other Than General Officers: Yes-- Although invitations may be printed at
Government expense only as required for official functions, officers should first check
with their resource manager/comptroller to ensure unit funds are available to support
such expenses.

Official functions (for example, change of command, dedications, or official
ceremonies) are those that are directly related to the organization’s mission.
Invitations may not be printed at Government expense for private purposes.

Printing must be done by the Defense Automated Printing Service (DAPS) or a written
"waiver" must be obtained in order to use an off-post printing source. Review AR 25-30,
The Army Publishing Program, dated 27 Mar 06 for complete detailed guidance
concerning limitations imposed by this regulation.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


As of September 2002 kerosene heaters should have been completely phased out
kerosene heaters and replaced with one of the new family of space heaters in Army

Un-vented kerosene heaters are never authorized in sleeping areas. Carbon monoxide
detectors must be placed in tents while kerosene heaters are operating. During
deployments, these tents are limited to administrative areas only, such as field dining
facilities and TOC’s.

If units do not have any of the new family of space heaters, they must submit, through
their chains of command, a request for an exception to policy. Exceptions must be
approved by the Corps Chief of Staff and are only valid for one year. Please reference
Ground Precautionary Message GPM-SSCPM-97-01,

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

However, purchase is discouraged. Army authorized heaters which burn JP-8 have
replaced all kerosene heaters. If they are not available through the supply system to
meet mission requirements, cardholders are authorized to purchase with the GPC card.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


According to the General Accountability Office (GAO) as of 25 June 2004. Units may
use appropriated funds to purchase refrigerators, microwaves, and commercial coffee
makers for central kitchen areas when the cost of doing so will be offset by increased
employee productivity. Appliances may not be purchased when they will benefit only
one, or a relative few, individuals within the organization. For example, a coffee pot or
refrigerator should not be purchased with appropriated funds if only “the boss” or a
select few are the likely users. See, Comp. Gen. Decision: Use of Appropriated Funds
to Purchase Kitchen Appliances, B-302993, June 25, 2004. Coffee pots are restricted
to non-hazardous areas to avoid fire hazards. The coffee maker should not be used on
an extension cord or with a multiple outlets, and placed on a noncombustible surface.
The coffee maker should be UL approved. Units cannot use appropriated funds to
purchase the coffee, frozen microwave meals, etc.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007

Appropriated Funds to Purchase Light Refreshments at Conferences, GAO decision B-
288266, January 27, 2003.

While the JFTR provides for the purchase of light refreshments in support of
conferences where the majority of attendees are in a travel status, the Comptroller
General has determined that the refreshments should only be provided for those in a
travel status.
“LIGHT REFRESHMENTS" for morning, afternoon, or evening breaks are defined to
include but not limited to, coffee, tea, milk, juice, soft drinks, donuts, bagels, fruit,
pretzels, cookies, chips, or muffins. Early and consistent coordination with your legal
support staff remains essential to successful planning and executing your conference.

Such refreshments can only be served to VISITORS ON TDY STATUS ATTENDING
THE CONFERENCE. Appropriated funds will NOT be used to provide
The organization hosting the event must institute controls that insures that the non-
traveler (local participants) do not partake in the consumption of "LIGHT
REFRESHMENTS" that were purchased with appropriated funds. If your organization
cannot institute such controls and if refreshments are provided, they must be purchased
with private funds and request donations to reimburse the costs. Further information on
conference planning can be obtained by reviewing the JFTR at Part 301-74.

                                     AS OF: JUNE 2007


Agencies may use their GPC to purchase "LIGHT REFRESHMENTS". Light
refreshments are considered a sampling of foods, NOT A MEAL. Therefore, when
planning such events the time the event is held can also be of importance. Events held
during lunchtime, 1100-1300, where "LIGHT REFRESHMENTS" are offered could be
perceived as offering a "MEAL". When hosting such events refer the guidance here U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,
North Atlantic Division -- Food for a Cultural Awareness Program, B-301184,
January 15, 2004.

                                    AS OF: JUNE 2007


FORSCOM Policy Memo CG-09-03, Single Enlisted Soldiers' Living Standards in the
Barracks, dated 21 Apr 2009 (Restricted access link on FORSCOM portal) says that
Soldiers are responsible for purchasing their linens and Commanders may only provide linens to
Soldiers in transient status or other extraordinary circumstances. (para. 3(g) "Linen

                                 AS OF: OCTOBER 2010

There are instances in which it might be authorized to use your GPC to pay for lodging
up to $2,500. Only the GPC Program Manager for the Installation may approve these
purchases. Therefore, you must provide the below information to your GPC account
manager at MICC Center- FB for review and approval prior to using the GPC:
(1) Number of personnel requesting lodging;
(2) Number of rooms requested:
(3) Cost per room;
(4) Total cost for lodging purchase;
(5) Per Diem rate for lodging (only) for the area you need lodging;
(6) Confirmation in writing to the GPC manager that TDY orders will state that lodging
will be provided by the government to ensure travelers are NOT reimbursed for

Once the GPC Program Manager reviews the above information you will receive written
approval to use the GPC as the payment tool for the requested lodging.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007


When you use your GPC card to make purchases and you are going to have the
Contractor ship it directly overseas, you MUST instruct them on the proper packaging
and labeling. Note the following guidance that must be followed:
    When GPC purchases will be transported to an overseas location by Air Mobility
      Command aircraft, the destination organization name, location, DoD Activity
      Address Code (DODAAC), Transportation Account Code (TAC), and the in-the-
      clear address of the destination organization are required on the package label
      prepared by the GPC purchase source in CONUS.
    All hazardous materials must be properly packaged/prepared and certified in a
      manner authorized for military air shipment before arrival at the military aerial
      port, if this is not possible, then another mode of transportation should be

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

Maintenance Agreements or service agreements are contracts that require preventive
maintenance, perhaps updates and, sometimes repairs for parts that break that should
not have broken if the maintenance was properly done. However, you may not purchase
warranties. Warranties are an obligation to fix something that breaks, usually with a
specified period. What will be fixed, and what repair expenses are covered by the
warranty are set out in the terms of the warranty. While a GPC cardholder may not
negotiate for a specific or specialized warranty, this does not mean they must reject
products or services covered by a manufacturer's standard warranty.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


If soldiers OR unit are NOT being reimbursed for meals (e.g. not on orders, no field
kitchen, no MREs) and they must have a memo from the command supplying money
that they are authorized to spend their appropriated dollars for meals with GPC.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007



AR 37-47: Representation Funds of the Secretary of the Army; para 2-3, 2 and 2-4a,
dated 12 Mar 04.
Official Representation of Funds (ORFs) may be used to pay expenses for small,
modest functions to extend minimally required official courtesies, excluding mementos,
to senior DOD officials when on official visits to the field (for example, command,
installation, or equivalent).

Official Representation of Funds will be expended only on functions conducted on a
modest basis. In determining a modest basis, the rank and position of the authorized
guest(s) will be taken into consideration. Commanders and officials authorized to
expend ORFs are encouraged to establish expense limits for the various types of
expenses they commonly incur. You cannot buy mementos for guests speakers with
your Operations and Maintenance Funds (OMA).

Check with your local PROTOCOL representative for more information regarding the
use of ORFs.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007



Units cannot purchase special mementos such as such as gift glasses as mementos for
social events such as balls, dining in/outs, or change of command functions. Such items
are not legal because they are for a social event. Only General Officer (GO) protocol
funds or Non Appropriated Funds (NAFs) (in very limited circumstances) can be used
to purchase mementos.


PER AR 25-30, The Army Publishing Program, dated 27 Mar 06. Programs for a social
event such as a ball cannot be printed with appropriated funds.
                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


AR 60-20, Army and Air Force Exchange Service Operating Policies, dated 15 Dec 92.
 Free motion pictures and videos are provided by AAFES in combat and other remote
oversees areas.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007

Decorations must be a reasonable amount for the type office being decorated. No grand
or ostentatious decorations. Consider, for example, the need to present a quality
appearance for visits by the public.

                                    AS OF: JUNE 2007


The Transportation Office currently has an Office Move Contract to support the
Request for Office Moves may be sent electronically to,
subject: “REQUEST FOR OFFICE MOVE”. Requests should include the following

   Unit/Organization name
   Pick up address (Include Building number)
   Delivery Address (Include Building number)
   Description of items to be moved, i.e. Desks, Filing Cabinets, Chairs, etc.
   Requested move dates
   Point of Contact; telephone number and email address
Upon receipt of the request, the Transportation Office will contact the DPM Contractor and
request a pre-move survey be performed to determine estimated weight.

Upon receipt of estimated cost from Contractor, the requesting Unit/organization must
provide funding. Submit original DA Form 3953 obligating funds to the Transportation Office,
Outbound Personal Property Section. Upon receipt of obligated funds, the Transportation Office
will order services be performed.

Move dates may be coordinated directly between Unit/Organization and the DPM Contractor
once funds have been obligated and DA 3953 received by the Transportation Office.
Invoice for payment will be submitted by the DPM Contractor at completion of move, reviewed
by the Transportation Office staff for accuracy, and submitted to DFAS along with DA 3953 for
payment. For more information contact the DOL Quality Assistance Office at (910) 432-8746.
                                        AS OF: JUNE 2007

GPC cardholders at installations (like Fort Bragg) with on-site self-service supply
centers (SSSC), should first attempt to fulfill requirements for office supplies at the
SSSC store.

If the office supplies required cannot be found or purchased from the SSSC store,
cardholders must attempt to order office supplies on-line through DOD E-Mall using the
Blanket Purchase Agreements through the DOD E-MALL (CAC Card and registration required for
access). The new BPA listing, as of 29 July 2010, includes 28 office supply vendors.
Cardholders must purchase directly from these suppliers. Cardholders may not, for
example, purchase from storefronts in Fayetteville or call a vendor directly in lieu of
purchasing from the BPA suppliers.

The new BPA Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) are more explicit and will be enforced
through contract administration. If violations of the T&Cs should occur, a vendor may
be in serious jeopardy of losing his BPA. The BPA awards were made based upon an
integrated assessment of the most advantageous submissions received.
Exceptions to mandatory use of the SSSC store and/or the BPA’s include urgent
delivery requirements that cannot be met by either source and instances where
other AbilityOne (JWOD) suppliers offer the requested office supplies at lower
prices than those offered by the SSSC store or BPA vendors. Cardholders must
thoroughly document their GPC files with memorandums for reference for each incident
that an exception is taken.
The memorandums should be supported by the signature of the billing official or
alternate billing official.

The mandatory BPA’s were established as a vehicle for ensuring price competition and
compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation Part 8. Please bring any purchase card
related issues to the attention of your account manager or the A/OPC at the MICC
Center Fort Bragg GPC Office.

This regulation mandates that federal agencies purchase (to the maximum extent
possible) from the AbilityOne(JWOD (Javits-Wagner-O’Day)) Priority Source Program.
See Office Products.

                                 AS OF: OCTOBER 2010


Army Frequently Asked Questions regarding the purchase of office supplies

1. Is it appropriate to purchase commercial items from the Base Supply Center
on the GPC card?
Depends on the agency mission and the requirement - If the requirement can’t be met
through the required sources of supply in FAR Part 8, then commercial sources are

Each Cardholder (CH) is authorized to buy necessary supplies and services providing:
there is adequate funding; the items are purchased at a reasonable price; meets bona
fide need; and not prohibited. Cardholders must obtain pre-purchase approval and
documentation for requirements that appear to be outside the normal needs of the
requesting organization. This documentation must address the bona fide need for the
item being acquired. CHs must ensure that all purchases are properly documented, and
that necessary approvals are obtained prior to making the purchase.

Requiring activities must perform acquisition planning to identify procurement needs
and initiate procurement actions with sufficient lead time to buy appropriate products at
the right price from the right suppliers in a timely manner. Requirements and logistics
personnel should avoid issuing requirements on an urgent basis or with unrealistic
delivery or performance schedules, since it generally restricts competition and increases

2. Is it appropriate to stock commercial items at the BSC? Yes!

3. Is the BSC required to purchase through mandatory supply channels?

                          - The BSCs determine what products they carry in collaboration
with the installations.

Cardholders are required to purchase through mandatory sources. Specific guidance
on use of required sources and order of precedence of sources is prescribed in FAR,
Part 8, and DFARS, Part 208, e.g., National Industries for the Blind (NIB), National
Industries for the Severely Disabled (NISH), Federal Prison Industries (a.k.a. UNICOR),
and FSS/GSA schedule requirements.

The AbilityOne Program is a mandatory source of supply, with any payment method and
at any dollar value, in compliance with the Javits-Wagner-O’Day Act, (41 U.S.C. §46-
48c). The AbilityOne Program's mandatory status remains in effect for all purchases--
including those under the micro-purchase threshold. Although offers
the largest and newest inventory of AbilityOne products, you may also purchase
AbilityOne items through a number of other distribution channels -DOD Emall
( or your installation Base Supply Centers (NISH affiliate stores).
AbilityOne does not offer a general-use, white, 8.5 x 11 copy paper. AbilityOne’s copy
paper is for letterhead application and is archival quality. Therefore, AbilityOne is not a
mandatory source for a general-use paper. The AbilityOne Program strives to ensure
that its products are priced within the "fair market" range. Being able to obtain a
commercial product at a lower price than an AbilityOne product is not a valid reason to
circumvent the AbilityOne Program mandate. However, if you feel that the AbilityOne
product is priced significantly higher than a commercial item, you should contact the
AbilityOne Program for guidance.

Green procurement is the purchase of environmentally preferable products and services
(see FAR 23.202, 23.403, and 23.703). The Army Green Procurement Policy
Memorandum, dated 22 Nov 06, established the Army Green Procurement Program
policy that “All Army personnel will comply with green procurement requirements to
facilitate attainment of the DOD goal of 100% compliance with mandatory Federal
purchasing preference programs (see AR 70-1). The Army Green Procurement Guide
dated August 2006 provides an overview of the Federal procurement preference
programs and guidance on implementing an effective Green Procurement Program
(GPP) including A/OPC and cardholder responsibilities.

4. Is there a $3,000 per card holder, per vendor, per year restriction? No!

Each GPC account has a single purchase transaction limit and monthly purchase limit.
Generally the single purchase limit is the micro-purchase threshold. The cumulative
spending total of all CHs’ monthly purchases are taken from the billing cycle limit for the
BO. Total monthly purchases may not exceed the billing cycle limit that is established in
the Servicing Bank’s transaction authorization system. The CH’s monthly spending
limits are modified by the RM in AXOL when operational circumstances warrant. The
A/OPC is notified of the monthly spending limits change, approves the change, and
forwards the change to the servicing bank.

5. Is the GPC card holder required to purchase all toners through FSSI BPA?

Refer to the Army memo on the purchase of office supplies dated 31 Oct 11.

6. Is the GPC card holder required to “spread the wealth” and utilize small
business and other vendors rather than the BSC?

Refer to the Army memo on the purchase of office supplies dated 31 Oct 11.

7. Is the GPC card holder required to get three quotes from vendors when item
is not available through DOD EMALL?
For purchases under $3,000 for supplies, competition is not required. Purchase
requirements exceeding the micro-purchase threshold must be referred to a contracting
office for formal contracting action. Splitting requirements into smaller parts to avoid
formal contracting procedures; competition requirements; or to keep spending
limitations under the micro-purchase threshold is prohibited. GPC micro-purchases
should be distributed equitably among qualified suppliers, in accordance with FAR
13.202(a)(1), with special consideration paid to supporting local, small, and small
disadvantaged businesses.

When purchasing from FSSs and BPAs, cardholders must review prices on at least
three contracts/agreements unless it is a competitively awarded BPA and select the
best value item for their requirements.

8. Is a Skilcraft product (not on the procurement list) considered a commercial

Yes. FAR definition of commercial item is defined at FAR 2.101. Skilcraft focuses on
providing expendable property to the government. Skilcraft is a trade name of the
National Industries for the Blind, an organization created by the Wagner-O'Day Act of
1938 to create employment opportunities for blind Americans. Products bearing the
Skilcraft brand are commonly sold in U.S. military base exchanges. A complete list of
SKILCRAFT items - sold through the AbilityOne Program - including selected
commercial items, is located at If you have a question regarding
the AbilityOne Program or about a specific product, you may contact the AbilityOne
Customer Service team at 1-800-433-2304 or

9.                 Where do I get my DODACC in order to login/register in DOD
EMALL? See attached listing of DODACCs for each military installation. When
Cardholders register in the EMALL they will use the DODACC that is notated for their
installation on the listing. They will need to insure they change the billing/ship to
addresses when they place orders.

10. What if a particular part is not on the DOD Emall when searching
through all corridors? Can we go outside the EMALL and purchase from another
vendor? Yes – After you search the DOD EMALL Army Corridor BPA vendors. You
must check to see if the part or item is supplied from another required source of supply
or the item needs special approval through agency channels (i.e. IT hardware, software,
phones, etc.)

        BSCs USA
                 Can cardholders purchase from BSC or NISH affiliate stores? Yes.
NISH affiliate stores are available for cardholder use and a listing of Army locations for
NISH affiliate stores is attached. NIB operates under the Javits-Wagner-O'Day (JWOD)
Act and the AbilityOne Program, a federal purchasing program that enables people
who are blind to work and provide products and services to federal and commercial

AbilityOne Base Supply Centers (BSCs) provide products and services to government
customers through a commercial retail-type setting. BSCs partner with the leadership at
their location to satisfy the specific needs of base and installation personnel. Today,
BSCs are located on more than 140 federal installations nationwide. The BSCs offer a
wide range of SKILCRAFT® and other AbilityOne and brand-name commercial products
that meet government and military specifications for mission requirements. To locate a
Base Supply Center near you, or to learn more about SKILCRAFT and other AbilityOne
products, call 1-800-433-2304 or email

12. How do we know we are purchasing from a BPA? Do we still use Emall if we
can get the same office supply for half the price from a local vendor, woman
owned or small business? All cardholders that place orders via the DOD EMALL
Army Corridor are utilizing BPAs from small businesses. Refer to the Army memo on
the purchase of office supplies dated 31 Oct 11. Please let me know the specific items
in question, prices, company, etc. The vendors prices on the DOD EMALL Army
Corridor are very competitive and are from small businesses only. Also, see FAQ 19.

13.   Can the cardholders still purchase via GSA? Also how do they get access
to DOD Emall?

You must use the DOD EMALL for office supplies unless one of the exceptions in the
memo is being used. Access, training, and how to information for the DOD EMALL is

Access: DOD Electronic Mall (EMALL) - Allows Military
customers worldwide to "shop" for their requirements and place orders.


DoD EMALL Help-- "How To's"- https://dod-
Provides the technical information required for participation in the DOD EMALL
14. If I need to buy an ergonomic chair for one of my federal technicians, which is
part of my ergonomic program, do I go through the DOD E-Mall or is this
exception to policy? Yes. You should go through the DOD EMALL to purchase
ergonomic chairs. If the ergonomic chairs available from the vendors on DOD EMALL
Army Corridor do not meet your ergonomic requirement, please contact your Installation
Safety Office for guidance for potential sources. DA Pamphlet 40-21, AR 385-10, AR

15. Do we follow the priority sources listed in FAR Part 8.4 for the procurement
of office supplies? Yes - you would always follow the priority sources. Priority
sources provide their goods through distribution channels such as local and national
retailers. The retailers listed on the DOD EMALL Army Corridor provide the required
goods at negotiated discounted prices to the Army. The priority sources are available
from the DOD EMALL (i.e. AbilityOne). Note: One of the exceptions is the AbilityOne

16. Para 5 (b) of the memo states we may use GSA Global and goes into a bit
more detail. Are card holders able to use GSA along with EMALL, or strictly
EMALL for office supplies? They must use DOD EMALL Army Corridor to purchase
office supplies unless an exception applies. They are not to shop all over GSA. GSA
Global supply stores have four walk-in stores located in Alaska, California and
Hawaii (2). GSA Global Supply Stores typically carry 200 to 5,000 items. If a needed
item is not on the shelf, store personnel can place a special order for the product. The
stores accept the Government Purchase Card or DoDAAC/AAC as valid forms of
payment. Please visit the GSA Global Supply Stores at the following locations:

GSA Global Supply Store
5250 Gibson Avenue, Bay 4
Elmendorf AFB, AK 99506-4430
Phone: (800) 525-8027
Fax: (800) 660-3833
Hours of operation:
6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday

Access Green Global Supply Store
450 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone: (415) 522-4110
Fax: (415) 522-4887
Hours of operation:
8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (PT)
Monday through Friday
GSA Global Supply Store
Building 1725
530 Kuntz Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96818
Phone: (808) 448-8937
Fax: (808) 449-1835
Hours of operation:
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (PT)
Monday through Friday

GSA Global Supply Store
Building 2069 Humphreys Road
Schofield Barracks, HI 96857
Phone: (808) 655-0280
Fax: (808) 655-0452
Hours of operation:
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (PT)
Monday through Friday

17. Can I get a list of the vendors on the DOD EMALL Army Corridor and where
can I go to get training on DOD EMALL? See below.

DOD EMALL Army Corridor Office Supply BPAs:
Access Products-FSSI BPA
Adams Marketing Associates, Inc. - Army BPA
Amerisys, Inc. - Army BPA
ASE Direct, Inc. - Army BPA
ASE Direct, Inc.-FSSI BPA
Capitol Supply, Inc - Army bpa
Capitol Supply, Inc. FSSI BPA
Cartridge Savers, Inc. -FSSI BPA
Chesapeake Office Supply - Army BPA
Coast to Coast - Army BPA
Document Imaging Dimensions Inc- FSSI BPA
EZ Print Supplies-FSSI
IMPAC Computer Supplies - Army BPA
Independent Stationers-FSSI BPA
Metro Office Products-FSSI BPA
Miller's Office Products - Army BPA
Minton Jones Company Army BPA
National Industries for the Blind - Army BPA
New York Inkjet-FSSI
Premier Paper & Office Supply - Army BPA
Rudolph's Office and Computer Supply - Army BPA
Shelby Distributions Inc.-FSSI
Sita Business Systems, Inc.-FSSI BPA
Stephens Office Supply - Army BPA
Stephens Office Supply-FSSI BPA
VIP Office Furniture & Supply, Inc. - Army BPA

DOD EMALL Webinar Training (Purchase Cardholder/Shopping) Web-Based, Live
Instruction December 12, 2011

DOD EMALL Webinar Training (DLA Orders) Web-Based, Live Instruction December
13, 2011

DOD EMALL Webinar Training (Purchase Cardholder/Shopping) Web-Based, Live
Instruction December 14, 2011

DOD EMALL Webinar Training (Purchase Cardholder/Shopping) Web-Based, Live
Instruction December 20, 2011

DOD EMALL Webinar Training (Purchase Cardholder/Shopping) Web-Based, Live
Instruction January 9, 2011

DOD EMALL Webinar Training (Purchase Cardholder/Shopping) Web-Based, Live
Instruction February 13, 2011

DOD EMALL Webinar Training (DLA Orders) Web-Based, Live Instruction February
14, 2011

Please send an email to with a subject of "Registration
For DOD EMALL Webinar Training" for enrollment information - or log on to
DOD EMALL and click the DOD EMALL EVENTS link at the bottom of every page.

18. There are many instances when we can purchase supplies cheaper -- if that
is the case is it OK to do that? Further, for a number of EMALL items there are
minimum requirement amounts. You must follow the memorandum. This may result
in fewer purchases of larger quantities, but vendors generally accommodate smaller
order quantities. This memo will require some purchasing behavioral changes.

19. What is the difference between an interagency agreement and a blanket
purchase agreement (BPA)? I'd also like to understand the difference between a
BPA and an indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract.

Interagency Agreements (IAs)
In June 2008, the Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP) issued guidance on the
use of interagency acquisitions. The guidance, portions of which have been
incorporated in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 17.5, distinguishes
between "assisted acquisitions" (where one federal agency essentially "contracts" with
another to award contracts or issue orders on its behalf) and "direct acquisitions" (where
one federal agency places an order directly against another's contract vehicle). OFPP
and the FAR use the term "interagency agreement" to refer to the document that
establishes the general terms and conditions governing the relationship between the
requesting agency and the servicing agency, as well as authorizes the transfer and
obligation of funds for an assisted acquisition. No written agreement is required for
direct acquisitions.

Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs)
A BPA is simply a method used to fill repetitive needs for supplies or services by
establishing a "charge account" with a qualified commercial vendor. It establishes the
terms applicable to the placement of future orders; it does not obligate funds. BPAs are
useful when an agency has repetitive but unpredictable needs in a general class of
supplies or services, such as hardware supplies. BPAs are established in accordance
with FAR subpart 13.3 (open market BPAs) or 8.4 (under the Federal Supply Schedule
program). It is important to note that a BPA itself is not a contract, but orders under
BPAs do become contractual instruments when awarded and accepted. Funds are
obligated at the time an order is placed.

Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) Contracts
IDIQ contracts are contracts awarded to commercial vendors for indefinite quantities,
within stated minimum and maximum limits, of supplies or services during a fixed
period. Unlike a BPA, an IDIQ is a contract. The government is obligated to purchase
the minimum quantity specified in the contract. Orders are placed under the contract
when specific requirements are known. Funds for the minimum amount are obligated at
the time the contract is awarded; subsequently, funds are obligated when each
individual order is placed.


Under the operational control of the Installation Adjutant General, the mission of the DA
Photo Lab is to provide specific photographic services to the soldiers and commands on
Fort Bragg. The DA Photo Lab's main responsibility is to provide Department of the
Army photographs for inclusion in official military personnel files and special assignment
application packets for all noncommissioned and commissioned officers on Fort Bragg,
Reserve, National Guard units in the region that are war traced to the XVIII Airborne
Corps and Forces Command at no charge to the soldier per Army Regulation 640-30,
Photographs for Military Personnel Files, dated 10 Apr 06.

Additionally, the DA Photo Lab also provides photographic services for General Officer
GOMO requirements as well as Brigade level Commanders and Command SGM head
and shoulders chain of command board photos.
Located in Wing B of the Soldier Support Center, the DA Photo Lab is the source for
official military photographs. The Photo Lab is open from 0700 to 1600 five days a week
with the exception of Federal holidays and only minimal staff on corps training holidays.

The DA Photo Lab is normally booking appointments 5-8 weeks out. Walk-ins are
welcomed daily, however, with limited staff, Fort Bragg’s soldier population keeps them
very busy.
For official photographic requests other than those referenced in AR 640-30,
Photographs for Military Personnel Files, dated 10 Apr 06, soldiers may refer to DA
PAM 25-9, Visual Information Procedures, dated 30 Sep 91.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment call the DA Photo Lab at (910)396-
7339 or stop by their studios located in Wing B of the Soldier Support Center.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


Only the captive key type. This means that when the padlock is unlocked, and the
shackle is in the open position, the key cannot be removed.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


Obtain appropriate admin approval from Directorate of Information Management (396-
8223). Paging service for other than the local area may be purchased with the GPC
purchase card.

                                  AS OF: JULY 2010

Obtain appropriate admin approval from Directorate of Information Management,
(910)396-8223, pagers may be purchased with the GPC purchase card.

                                  AS OF: JULY 2010

PAINT: YES, with prior approval of DOL and using the LCI/SSSC store.

Units are required to purchase paint from the LCI/SSSC store. The DOL and SSSC will
review and process unit requests, deliver products requested with 72 hours of purchase
and pick up empty hazardous waste containers on a bi weekly basis. If your unit needs
paint in excess of $3,000 at any one given time, you need to contact DOL (910)396-
2317 or (910)396-2325 for assistance.

                              AS OF: SEPTEMBER 2010


Activities can ONLY purchase Paint Ball cartridges for training that are used in the C02
specialized paintball guns. Units CANNOT purchase Paint Ball cartridges that fit in
actual Army weapons (9mm, etc.):

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


Home station training funds can be used for training but not for recreation. Cardholders
will need to show supporting documents from the unit commander to justify the event
and explain how paintball training will accomplish identified training needs (i.e. METL

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007

Defense Transportation Regulation (DTR) 4500.9-R mandates awarding DOD
cargo/freight/small packages to carriers with approved Tenders by SDDC or AMC within
the Global Freight Management System (GFM) and uses PowerTrack Payment System
only. Installation Transportation freight office manages this account for all of Fort
Bragg. Freight personnel will select the carrier whether it be FedEx, DHL, or UPS.
There are no exceptions in the DTR that allow payments using GPC. To preclude any
violations, small packages must be delivered to building J-1951 Cook Street (Off Knox
Street) along with DD Form 1149 or DD 1348-1. For further shipping guidance, contact
the (Installation Freight Office) at (910)396-5505/3133.

See also: Commercial small package shipping and FedEX.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007


Purchases can only be made using PayPal as a "last resort." Using such third parties is
a "high risk" transaction that can hide what is being purchased and reduce
accountability. However, sometimes it is unavoidable in order to obtain the products or
services need to support our Soldiers.

Card holders must diligently look for another way to purchase the item, but if they
cannot then payments through PayPal is allowed. The Billing Official must ensure there
is adequate supporting documentation showing that there was a detailed review of the
purchase and that the use of the third-party-payment merchant was unavoidable. See
DoD Government Purchase Card Guidebook page A-12.

                              AS OF: OCTOBER 2010


Special patches, SSI-Former wartime service (combat patch), skill badges, insignia of
branch and rank must be paid for out-of-pocket and CAN NOT be sewn on at
government expense and the GPC can NOT be used. AR 670-1, Wear and Appearance
of Army Uniforms and Insignia, 3 Feb 05 contains complete details on each different

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


If the glasses are authorized by prescription the GPC can be used to purchase
prescription lens inserts for safety goggles. Unit must clear this with the supporting
medical activity to make sure:

1) Prescription inserts are not available from Army/DoD sources, and
2) That the MEDDAC shouldn't be arranging for these as a part of their Optometry
responsibilities via supplemental care contracts.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


The GPC may be used to purchase various sundry and personal items for prisoners in
confinement with non-pay status. Supplies necessary for the personal hygiene, health,
and comfort of prisoners will be furnished on either a reimbursable or gratuitous basis.

Access the following website: <<>> for complete
lists of personal hygiene, health, and comfort items that are authorized issue. Upon
access to the website, scroll down to AR 190-47, dated 15 June 06 and click on view
regulation. When you access the regulation you need to go to Paragraph 10-9 Health
and Comfort Supplies for complete guidance.

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007

With proper Local Purchase Authority, per AR 25-1, para 6-4f, Army Knowledge
Management and Information Technology, 15 Jul 05 only the installation commander
may authorize use of calling cards, including prepaid cards. Therefore, local purchase
authority must be coordinated through NETCOM or G6, depending whether use is for
IMA-funded or mission-funded unit/activity, for approval of purchase by the installation

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

PRIMESTAR SATELLITE: See Satellite Services


The Defense Automation and Production Services (DAPS) provides printing and other
document services to the DoD.

DAPS has accepted the Government Purchase Card as a method of payment for its
services since August, 1996. Effective July1, 1997, all DAPS orders for printing services
within the continental United States and Hawaii must use the GPC as the method of
payment. Purchasing DAPS services with the GPC is mandatory.

You must use the Defense Automated Printing Service (DAPS) or obtain a written
"waiver" from them that they cannot support your requirement. Forward a copy the
waiver to your GPC account manager. Use their DAPS Online website, for more information.

                                AS OF: OCTOBER 2010


AR 5-17, para. 2-2, The Army Ideas for Excellence Program, dated 19 Oct 90,
appropriated funds may be used to buy inexpensive items to promote Army Ideas for
Excellence Program (AIEP). Ideally, such items will be appropriate to the work
environment or serve as a reminder of the benefits of participating in the program.
Coffee mugs, key rings, and small plaques are typical promotional items. To the
greatest extent possible, MACOMs and installations should share good promotional
ideas with other organizations and the Army at large. HQDA (DACS-DME) will collect
and share promotional approaches both within and outside the Army.

Active promotion of the AIEP is the responsibility of all levels of command. MACOMs
and installations are encouraged to develop their own materials and use all suitable
techniques of publicity and promotion consistent with law and within funds available.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

                         AS OF: JUNE 2007


The mail-in rebate should be completed and made payable to U.S. Treasury and unit
address. When the rebate check is received, you must give to your Comptroller/Budget
Officer or Resource Manager. The Comptroller/Budget Officer or Resource Manager
prepares a deposit slip (SF 215) citing ALOC (DSSN) 5070 and deposits the funds at
the First Citizens Bank on post. A cash collection voucher (CCV), DD 1131 is prepared,
to include the same accounting classification as the item purchased that resulted in the
rebate. A copy of the deposit slip and the CCV are then forwarded to your supporting
DFAS Field Site. Cardholders are reminded NEVER to put their name or home address
on the mail-in rebate card.
                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


However, reenlistment incentives must be accounted for in the reenlistment budget.
These incentives can be bought at the local unit level, once they have been accounted
for in the overall reenlistment budget.
                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007

REFRIGERATORS: See Kitchen Appliances.
                          AS OF: JUNE 2007


AR 58-1, para 3-11, Management, Acquisition, and Use of Motor Vehicles, dated 10
Aug 04, under no circumstances will an installation/activity execute back-to-back 60 day
leases in order to circumvent the 60 day limitation on short-term leases. If a surge
requirement is expected to surpass the 60-day mark, and the requirement remains
valid, permission to extend the lease must be secured, through command channels,
from the MACOM.
                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


AR 58-1, para 3-10d, Management, Acquisition, and Use of Motor Vehicles, dated 10
Aug 04, if the lease is for a period of less than 60 days or government vehicles are not
available from TMP.
 IAW SECARMY guidance, cardholders SHALL NOT lease sport utility vehicles (SUVs)
unless necessary to meet mission requirements, e.g. inclement weather conditions or
for off-road use. The smallest, most fuel-efficient vehicle that will meet mission needs
should be used.

MACOM approval is required for any request to lease a high-end SUV (Cadillac, Lexus,
etc.) or an SUV that has a maximum gross weight of 5,000 or more pounds. There are
exceptions to this policy for alternate-fuel SUVs or SUVs used directly and specifically
for police, fire, rescue, criminal, investigative, and intelligence activities. If an SUV is
leased using the GPC card, documentation citing the exception shall be included in the
                                      AS OF: JUNE 2007


Units on Fort Bragg are required to go through the Directorate of Logistics, Materiel
Maintenance Branch (MMB) to replace broken glass in tactical vehicles or equipment
prior to going to the private sector for support. Units must first check with their Direct
Support Unit (DSU) prior to submitting a work request to the MMB. If MMB cannot
support the unit’s requirement, authorization will be provided allowing the unit to have
the repair done locally. This authorization must be kept in the GPC files. If the units
have skilled technicians who are able to do the repair, they may do so without going to
MMB, however, they must go through the supply system first to purchase the glass. Call
(910)396-2317 to ensure that the required glass is not available through the system. If
the required glass is not available, then local purchase will be authorized by SSSA IAW
AR 710-2, Supply Policy Below the National Level, dated 8 Jul 05, units must keep
proper documentation in their files whenever the supply system cannot meet a
                                    AS OF: JUNE 2007


AR 672-20, Incentive Awards, dated 29 Jan 99, and DA PAM 672-20, Incentive Awards
Handbook, 1 Jul 93. Organizations may use public funds to purchase Honorary Awards
and Informal Awards for employees as part of an employee recognition program.
However, public funds cannot be used to purchase gifts for retiring employees.
    Honorary awards may take many forms. Traditional recognition items used for
    honorary awards are certificates, letters, plaques, etc. There is no explicit authority to
    use non-monetary items as honorary awards. However, the Office of Personnel
    Management has determined that non-monetary items (other than U.S. savings bonds)
    may be presented as honorary awards if they meet ALL the following criteria; the item
    must be something that the recipient could reasonably be expected to value,but not
    something that conveys a sense of monetary value;
    must have a lasting trophy value;
    must clearly symbolize the employer-employee relationship in some fashion.
    must take an appropriate form to be used in the public and to be purchased with public

    Informal recognition awards are intended to recognize contributions of a lesser scope
    that might otherwise go unrecognized. Informal recognition awards tend to have more
    informal approval procedures and presentation settings than honorary awards. Based
    upon the lesser scope contributions and informality, items presented as informal
    recognition awards must meet the following criteria; the item
    must be of nominal value.
    must take an appropriate form to be used in the public sector and to be purchased with
    public funds
    For additional information regarding awards for civilian employees contact your DHR
    representative at (910)396-6001.
                                      AS OF: JUNE 2007

    RETREATS:      YES.

    However Chaplain retreats must fit within the guidance of AR 165-1, Chaplain Activities
    in the United States Army, dated 25 Mar 04.
                                     AS OF: JUNE 2007

    ROCK CLIMBING TRAINING:           :   YES.

    AR 350-1, Army Training and Leader Development, dated 13 Jan 06, units can use
    home station training dollars to pay for rock climbing as an occasional alternative to
    regular physical training (PT). A memo signed by an 05 or above will be required and
    attached to the purchase request. The memo must justify the alternative
    training/approve and demonstrate that it is consistent with the assessment and the
    overall training needs of the command.
                                     AS OF: JUNE 2007



Cardholders can use their GPC to rent rooms for meetings/conferences as long as the
rental is just for the room itself (see light refreshments) and the total cost does not
exceed the $2500 threshold for purchasing services.

                                AS OF: SEPTEMBER 2010


In accordance with Army Regulation 25-1, Army Knowledge Management and
Information Technology, dated 15 Jul 05 appropriated funds may be used to purchase
satellite dishes and services for organizations if these services will be utilized for official,
mission-related purposes. In some instances, it is more cost-effective to operate via
satellite than via cable if a building does not have cable connections installed.

The very cost of installing cable connections may exceed established funding
thresholds. In order to determine if this scenario applies to your organization, your GPC
Billing Official must request a survey estimate from Time Warner. This estimation is a
formal process that begins with Time Warner and must be routed through the MICC
Center- Fort Bragg, Installation Division, for final determination. Once MICC C-FB
approval is granted, user must get a release and approval from Directorate of Public
Works (DPW), (910)396-6761, before coming to NETCOM, (910)396-2548 for
administrative approval.

The siting of satellite dishes is the responsibility of the requesting organization. Satellite
dishes cannot be permanently attached to buildings or located on or around the roof of
a building. Roof surfaces can be easily damaged, causing leaks.
                                  AS OF: JULY 2010


See, Office Decorations.

Seasonal decorations can be bought in the same manner and, in general, for the same
reasons as day-to-day office decorations. The amount expended must be appropriate
given the nature of the area being decorated. Concentrate on secular decorations and
NOT religious, except where necessary to accomplish the Chaplain's pastoral mission.
For example, Santa Claus in his sleigh as opposed to the Christ child in the manger.
Must use the verbiage "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas" on banners, etc.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


According to G-4, the items are authorized and can be purchased with the GPC card.
To determine if the items meet the Security Guard uniform requirements, please contact
the USASOC Chief of Security.
                                  AS OF: JULY 2010


AR 700-84 Issue and Sale of Personal clothing, 18 Nov 04. Pam 600-2 The Armed
Forces Officer 1 Feb 88. Generally, all of the listed items can be sewn on at
government expense for uniforms that are issued as OCIE. However, there are
differences on what is authorized to be sewn on, and whether appropriated funds can
be used for the sewing that vary from uniform to uniform. You should carefully review
the AR 670-1 sections for the uniform at issue to see what insignia are authorized to be
worn on the uniform and can be sewn on with APFs. Some insignia are optional and
must be sewn on at personal expense.

For example, per AR 670-1, para. 28-24a(2), Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms
and Insignia, dated 3 Feb 05, for the nametape, US Army tape, US flag, and the SSI,
current organization CAN be purchased and sewn on at government expense when the
commander authorizing the issue gives a directive. Nametags can also be sewn on
body armor covers because body armor is an item of OCIE. However, special patches,
SSI-Former wartime service (combat patch), skill badges, insignia of branch and rank
must be paid for out-of-pocket and CAN NOT be sewn on at government expense and
the GPC cannot be used.

Nametape and rank insignia may be sewn on at gov't expense for enlisted soldiers on
the parka and the helmet cover (rank) and band (name) if Commander has directed the
wear of sewn insignia on those items.

NOTE: If authorized to be sewn on at government expense and there is no organic
sewing support (QM or contract) local purchase via GPC or contract is appropriate IAW
AR 700-84, Issue and Sale of Personal Clothing, dated 18 Nov 04 para. 5-5.

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007

STATIONARY (Personalized items and calendars): MAYBE:

AR 25-30 dated: 27 Mar 06; 7-14 The Army Publishing Program. Stationery, memo
pads, and other items will not be personalized with an individual’s name at Government
expense. Printing of memo pads for GO and SES personnel, using local printing
funds is authorized providing they contain only the organization name, office title,
installation, city, state, and zip code. Standardized desk and wall calendars are
available through normal supply channels. These are the only calendars authorized for
purchase at Government expense. No specialized calendars will be printed, except
those that are for the expressed purpose of promoting soldier recruitment and retention.
These items must be produced in accordance with the guidelines of the Army Recruiting
Command and Army Public Affairs Office.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007


Requirements for foot protection (e.g. safety shoes) are found in OSHA regulations.
Based upon the employee's duties, the employer (supervisor) determines whether or
not foot protection is required. There are existing GSA contracts with Lehigh and Iron
Age. Both vendors come to Fort Bragg each month and set up at various locations.
They set up at Directorate of Public Works (DPW) in the morning of the second
Tuesday of each month. Under the terms of a union agreement on behalf of IMCOM
employees only, the Government pays up to $95 (spring, summer) or $120 (fall, winter)
per pair of shoes. Any cost above that is borne by the employee. Both Lehigh and Iron
Age accept the GPC purchase card, as well as other credit cards and cash (for
employee portion above Government funded limit). Reference OSHA Regulations
(Standards -29 CFR) Occupational Foot Protection - 1910.136.

                                   AS OF: SEP 2007


Units must contact the Directorate of Public Works (DPW), Real Property Division. The
DPW point of contact may be reached at 396-7819 or 396-4139.

                                  AS OF: AUG 2007


Prior to making purchase cardholders should ensure vendors understand the
Government Credit Card falls under the tax-exempt status. The first four digits of the
card serve as the notification number. Should a vendor have questions about tax-
exempt regulations direct them to the North Carolina Department of Revenue web site
for assistance.

Go to Click on Practitioner, Under the heading Bulletins click
Sales and Use Tax, Click on Table of Contents, Go to Section 3,GPC section is 37-1
D 2. b:

                                  AS OF: JUNE 2007


Only the NETCOM is authorized to purchase these. Contact NETCOM, System
Installation Branch, (910)396-2950 if telephone instruments are required.
                                      AS OF: JUNE 2007


Until all of the following procedures are completed:
  A. Take your requirement to your Motor Pool. The Motor Pool personnel will input your
request through the Standard Army Retail Supply System (SARSS) that will check availability
within Fort Bragg's Supply System. Note: If your activity is not supported by a Motor Pool,
initiate your requisition in your S4 section.
  B. If the requirement is unavailable, they proceed to the Supply Support Activity/Direct Support
Unit (SSA/DSU). They will search the supply system using the National Stock Number (NSN) to
check if there is a balance on hand.
  C. If requirement is unavailable through SARSS and the supply system, they proceed to Corps
Material Management Center (CMMC) Item Manager for Class 9 items. Item manager will then
research the Standard Army Retail Supply System-Objective (SARSS-O) for availability of item
requested. If zero balance is shown, Item Manager will contact the National Inventory Control
Point (NICP) and request status of availability for immediate estimated shipment date (ESD).
  D. After NICP determines they can't meet the unit's requirement, they will authorize Local
Purchase of item IAW AR 710-2, dtd 8 Jul 05. A copy of the NICP report should be maintained
with government purchase card records as back-up documentation supporting local purchase.
  E. If Local Purchase has been approved by NICP, the following should appear at the bottom
of your Local Purchase Form:
              S4 ___ Concur ___ Non-Concur
              DSU/SSA ___ Concur ___ Non-Concur
              CMMC/NICP ___ Concur ___ Non-Concur
  F. If determination was made by your Motor Pool or S4 that your requirement does not meet
the criteria for Local Purchase, your S4 will initiate your requirement within the supply system.

                                       AS OF: JUNE 2007


In general, no personal items of wear (clothing) may be purchased with appropriated
funds. CTAs and ARs do not authorize unit-specific shirts, etc., for PT. Organizations
with these type items on their CTA, e.g. Golden Knights, NCO Academy, are authorized
to purchase T-shirts with GPC.

                                      AS OF: JUNE 2007
    TRAINING (Commercial): YES.

    TRAINING FOR MILITARY PERSONNEL: Prior to scheduling training, all training
    requests (GPC Purchase Request, DA Form 3953, Purchase Request and
    Commitment, dated Mar 91, and DD Form 1556, Request, Authorization, Agreement,
    Certification of Training, and Reimbursement, dated Aug 02) for training of military
    personnel must be approved by DOL Training Division, Training Integration Branch,

                                      AS OF: JUNE 2007

    TRAINING FOR CIVILIAN PERSONNEL: Prior to scheduling training, all training
    requests (GPC Purchase Request, DA Form 3953, Purchase Request and
    Commitment, dated Mar 91, and DD Form 1556, Request, Authorization, Agreement,
    Certification of Training, and Reimbursement, dated Aug 02) for training of civilian
    personnel must be approved by the individual's commander/director.

                                     AS OF: JUNE 2007

    FOR MILITARY: YES, with administrative approvals. AR 672-20, Incentive Awards, 29
    Jan 99, AR 600-8-22, Military Awards, dated 11 Dec 06. The admin approval must be
    signed by the first general officer in your chain of command or for non-general officer
    commands; authority is delegated to the DCG, XVIII Airborne Corps and Fort Bragg.
    Awards are for presentation to military members, units or agencies of the Department
    of Army (DA) for excellence in accomplishments and competition contribution to the
    effectiveness of the military mission.
    Accomplishments and competitions recognized will be officially established and
    All eligible members, units and agencies will be given an equal chance to compete.
    Contests and events will be of a continuing nature. However, awards may be made on
    a one-time basis where the achievement is unique and clearly contributes to increased
    Coordination will be accomplished to prevent one member, unit or agency form
    receiving two awards for an achievement when other candidates ware equally qualified.
    Funding for awards will come from the organization making the award. The
    Government Purchase Card (GPC) may only be used for the purchase of awards after
receiving the proper authority and within the cardholder's single purchase authority.
Under no circumstances will a requirement be split in order to avoid the
cardholder's single purchase authority.

Trophies to be awarded are left to the discretion of the approval authority. Trophies
may include, but are not limited to: loving cups, plaques, badges, buttons, coins and
similar objects. Cash prizes and presentation of savings bonds are not authorized.
 Cash prizes awarded under the provisions of AR 672–20, Incentive Awards, dated 29
Jan 99 are excluded from the provisions of this regulation. Engraving is authorized
under AR 600-8-22, Military Awards, dated 11 Dec 06.

Commanders who approve the purchase of the award will set the monetary limits.
However, such awards will not exceed the value of $75 for an individual award or $250
for a team award. The appropriate MACOM or principal HQDA official will specifically
approve exceptions.
                                AS OF: JUNE 2007


The GPC card (appropriated funds) may be used to procure a 3' x 5' cotton, outdoor
U.S. flag. Display cases and framing are not authorized for purchase using the
GPC card. Flags may be purchased and presented to active duty retiring personnel
who have been transferred to a retirement list, placed on a Temporary Disability Retired
List (TDRL), or are retiring in lieu of elimination. Installation Transition Centers or unit
commanders may authorize purchase of U.S. flags for retiring military members,
regardless of service affiliation, in joint organizations for which the Army is the executive

                                   AS OF: JUNE 2007


Fort Bragg units with painting requirements of Tactical Vehicles/Trailer are required to
go through DOL, Materiel Maintenance Branch (MMB) for this type of support. MMB will
determine whether or not the requirement can be met, at which time a waiver will be
provided, allowing the units to get the support required off post using their GPC cards.

                                    AS OF: JUNE 2007

Use the GSA Fleet card to pay for GSA vehicle cleanings. The GSA Fleet card
allowances are also set at once per month per vehicle not to exceed $9.95 per
wash/cleaning for small standard size vehicles and once per month per vehicle not to
exceed $11.95 per wash/cleaning for large full sized vans and trucks. Not to exceed
$15.00 per month.

                                 AS OF: JUNE 2007


      Voyager cards are not assigned to any particular vehicle
      Each card has the same PIN number to be used at the time of fueling of vehicles
      Cards are not vehicle specific
      Fueling of your vehicles will be at your discretion
      Cards can be used for any vehicles in your facility or away from Fort Bragg
      Since cards are independent of your vehicles, you do not need individual cards
       for each vehicle
If you actually have LEASED-GSA vehicles, you will not be able to use the Voyager
card. LEASED-GSA vehicles have specific GSA Voyager Fleet Cards which will be
used to fuel these particular vehicles-ONLY.


Prior to purchasing water purification system on Fort Bragg, you must first contact
Environmental Health Services, Department of Preventive Medicine, 396-2045 to
determine eligibility for the purchase. Determinations of water quality will be made by
the Department of Preventive Medicine and only non-potable water results will receive
recommendations to purchase a water purification system. Organizations with potable
water WILL NOT receive recommendation to purchase a water purification system. If
your water is determined NOT potable, then you must forward your memorandum from
Environmental Health Services with a memo addressed to Directorate of Public Works
(DPW), 396-3951 for approval. The requesting unit must prepare a cost comparison of
most cost effective procurement between rental of water purification system or bottled
water. If your unit is approved to purchase a water purification system, you may use
your government purchase card.
                                     AS OF: JUNE 2007


However, you may purchase service/maintenance agreements. Maintenance
Agreements or service agreements are contracts that require preventive maintenance,
perhaps updates and, sometimes repairs for parts that break that should not have
broken if the maintenance was properly done. Warranties are an obligation to fix
something that breaks, usually with a specified period. What will be fixed, and what
repair expenses are covered by the warranty are set out in the terms of the warranty.
While a GPC cardholder may not negotiate for a specific or specialized warranty, this
does not mean they must reject products or services covered by a manufacturer's
standard warranty.

For more information, click here.

                                    AS OF: August 2010

WORKSHOP FEES: YES. See Conference/Registration Fees .

                                     AS OF: JUNE 2007

                                     Webmaster / Last Updated:

                         Commercial Link Disclaimer Notice
 The appearance of hyperlinks to other sites does not constitute endorsement by the U.S.
   Army of these web sites or the information, products or services contained therein. For
    other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and
 recreation sites the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information
you may find at these locations. These links are provided consistent with the stated purpose
                                     of this DoD web site.

To top