Business Travel – Do You Dread
Do You Dread Business Travel?
Traveling for business can be monotonous. The weekly and monthly grind of all those airplanes and airports
can really wear you down. To help make your next trip more enjoyable here are 5 ways to make your next
business trip less stressful.
1. Use a Checklist. A packing list is a list of all the clothes and accessories you need to pack for your trip. If
you go on frequent business trips this is a must to have. Not only will it save time when you are packing but
it will also help you to prevent forgetting things, like the charger for your cellphone. You can hand write your
list or type it into a spreadsheet. Most business travelers prefer to use carry-on luggage only whenever they
can. Not having to check their luggage in, nor wait for it at their destination, saves them valuable time.
Business Travel -
• Check you have Passport & Travel Documents. Are there any Visa’s required for the country you are
• Electrical Adaptor
• Have you arranged Global Roaming on your phone? Email?
• •Keep the toiletry bag at the top of your carry-on luggage for easy access
• •All liquids must be in the right size of containers and should be in separate clear plastic bags
• •Make sure your bag allows easy access to your laptop, as you will have to remove it from your luggage
when you go through airport security
2. Always try use the same companies. Business travel is hard enough, but one way to make it easier is to
always use the same airline, hotel, and car rental agency. Knowing what to expect when you arrive
somewhere can really lower your anxiety level. This can also save you time if you are a member of a
rewards program, because often times it allows you to check in faster. You can also give your reward points
for frequent travelers which can be very beneficial. You could accumulate enough points to fly, stay, rent a
car FREE using your points.
Business Travel -
3. Plan out what needs to be done on arrival. Before you leave on your trip take some time to plan out
what needs to be done the minute you land. After a long trip you will be tired, so having a list of things that
you need to do during your trip can save you time and stress.
4. Get a good night of sleep before the trip. Business travelers are notorious for trying to cram in work
right up to the last minute of their trip. You would be much better off getting a full night of sleep. There are
alot of people who say they are very busy, but busy isn’t necessarily productive.
5. Plan something fun when you come back home. One way to overcome the dread of yet another
business trip is to plan something fun for when you return home. Not only will it give you something to
look forward to when you return, but it can make the whole business trip more enjoyable.
There are many more tips to take the stress out of travel, but above are just afew to start with.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist, but sending an email to