Morning Green Drink
2 big handfuls of Spinach
1/2 cup parsley
1 rib of celery
1 thumb of ginger, peeled
1 medium cucumber
In a juicer, place all ingredients except optional ice cubes in a juicer until juiced
Serve in your favorite wine goblet or other favorite glass of choice.
If desired, add ice cubes for a refreshing cold beverage
Chocolate Covered Cherry Elixir
It always tastes like dessert and is completely amazing for your body.
20 oz of herbal tea or fresh spring water
one small or medium very ripe banana
8 oz frozen cherries
2 oz frozen strawberries
2 rounded tbsp cacao powder
1 rounded tsp carob powder
1/2 tbsp maca powder
2 tbsp hemp or flax oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6-7 drops vanilla crème stevia
3 drops chocolate stevia
1. Put water or tea into the blender.
2. Add frozen fruit and banana. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until creamy.
3. Garnish with olives, capers and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning.
4. Add powders, liquid sweeteners, and vanilla extract. Blend on high for 10 seconds.
5. Turn blender on low and slowly drizzle the hemp or flax oil.
6. Pour into a large glass, garnish with a mint leaf, and sprinkle cacao nibs on top!
The most powerful aspect of this recipe is that because the chocolate and cherry flavors are so dominant, you can add almost any bitter tasting herb, powder, or ingredient into this drink that you are working with
and it won't change the flavor. For someone just starting out with herbs, this is the perfect cold elixir recipe to start with.
Citrus – Beet Smoothie
Beets are great – and they really are one of my favorite foods. Their color, their taste, their everything. Unfortunately though, not everyone feels the same way I do. Because of this, I figured smoothies would be
the best way to enhance the flavor of raw beets.
1 large beet (or a few small)
2 oranges (peeled)
1 lime (peeled)
1 T lemon juice
1 scoop of vanilla or plain protein powder (rice or pea) – optional.
Sweetener of choice
1 cup of water (only if needed to move everything in blender)
1. In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.