Joint Compression and Restoration of
Documents with Bleed-through
• Bleed-through can be effectively removed offline using
• A remotely located researcher may want to access
both original and corrected versions of a document;
• We want to avoid sending the document twice, since
both versions are very similar.
• A digital bleed-through removal algorithm that
processes recto and verso sides jointly;
• A joint compression scheme that transmits the original
uncorrected documents, plus side information to easily
do the correction locally at the user’s terminal.
4.6 Mbit 131 kbit 1 kbit
April 28, 2005 Eric Dubois, University of Ottawa