In the Year
By: Shelby Williams
• I will be 72 years old.
• I will be a retired Special Education
teacher, for the Daviess County school
• I will have three children.
• I will love to stay at home and babysit my
• I will be a graduate of Western Kentucky
• I will graduate with a bachelors degree in
Special Education, after teaching for a few
years I plan to go back to college and get
my Masters degree.
• I always thought that when I was little it would be so
cool to move away from home, but I decided to stay
close to my family and live in Owensboro even to this
• Because of newer technologies my home floats on a man
• My house is equipped with a central computer that is
activated by voice commands.
• Our television, phone, and computer are merged into
• We currently have movable furniture, that hides when
not being used.
• Our food is auto-stocked by a computer system, along
with all medications and supplies.
• My car is run on hydrogen fuel cells, which emit
less harmful chemicals into our environment.
• My car is equipped with communication
technology with other cars on the road. It warns
me of oncoming pedestrians and animals.
• My car is equipped with devices to warn me of
drowsiness or straying from my lane.
• My cell phone, will
combine all of my mobile
devices into one.
• It has the capabilities of
being transparent, shape
shifting, flexible, and self
• High speed travel has put
me in touch will all my
relatives in other states.
What normally takes two
hours to travel now can
be reached in under 20
Aquatic and Airborne
• Rinspeed Design Company has created an
amphibious car that can travel on land and
maneuver through water.
• Also in the making are personal aircrafts
that are safe, comfortable, and easy to fly.
• In recent newspapers, electronically downloaded
to your T.V. every morning, there has been
discussions about life being successful on the
fourth planet from the sun, Mars.
• Space travel has become more common, in
everyday life. It has become affordable for most
• Space travel is looked upon now as a normal
• With the increasing
amount of harmful
chemicals released into the
environment, we have had
a major increase in the
number of hurricanes,
and volcanic eruptions.
• The increasing
temperature has created
drier climates everywhere.
More heat related deaths
are taking place daily, and
wildfires are happening
• Outdoor farming has
become a thing of the
past. Now a vertical
20 story building
organics to feed a
• There is a 24/7 crop
production and no
crop failures from
drought or bad
• Some new technologies and breakthroughs in
the medical field have led to care giving robots
in every families home.
• There self monitoring devices in your home that
can diagnose your illness.
• Almost every organ can be grown in lab, for any
replacement needs you may have.
• There are also advancements in gene therapy
and manipulation to meet a certain trait that you
• In recent developments, we have been able to
discover a way to communicate in 3-D.
• Holographic machines are now a thing of the
past, projecting yourself, or even a room full of
people is now commonplace.
• Personal memory changes are also being
developed. Instead of taking an hour to explain
a story, you can just swap that specific memory
with another person.
Resources in the Future
Scientists predict that in the future, we
will have: clean and plentiful drinking
water, a safe and abundant food supply,
new fuels that do not pollute the
environment, waste management will be
increased, human healthcare needs will be
better, and environment protection efforts
will be increased dramatically.