The New Age of Television
With LCD Technology
How do LCD T.V.’s Work?
• Light is transmitted through a panel and
scattered to create an even picture.
• Liquid crystals act as shutters, either blocking
or permitting light to make the picture.
Inside the Display
• Using a liquid crystal diode takes much less
• LED lights behind the panel are much smaller,
allowing makers to slim down the lighting panel.
• The LCD reacts to the light shining on it. A bright
enough light causes the LCD to untwist releasing
light through and creating a picture.
Shipments of LCD T.V.’s
• Each pixel is divided into three subpixels-red,
green, and blue-that work together to create a full
• This allows great picture quality and more accurate
• This website explains the
Pros for LCD T.V.’s
• They take up less room than older
• Can be mounted on walls for better
• Better picture quality, and HD capability.
• More energy efficient. 60% less energy
than regular tube televisions use.
Cons to LCD T.V.’s
• Because of the use of subpixels fast
moving images may blur display motion
• This is because the subpixels response
time can be slow.
The Evolution of Television