Cabinet – November 2010
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Policy Implementation Annual Report and a new LNG
Blueprint: Queensland’s LNG Industry – A once in a generation opportunity for a
generation of employment
Treasurer and Minister for Employment and Economic Development
1. The first “Blueprint for Queensland’s LNG Industry” was released in September 2009.
2. This Blueprint provided a framework for developing an LNG industry in Queensland.
3. The new LNG Blueprint informs the community and industry of progressive
Government initiatives to achieve a sustainable LNG Industry and a balance between
the new LNG industry and the continuation of the agricultural industry.
4. The Blueprint outlines the Government’s three key priorities in moving the LNG
Develop the industry by facilitating a competitive, world class industry that
Protect Queensland’s natural resources by implementing a strong regulatory
system for the LNG industry, based on science and rigorously enforced to a
standard that meets community expectations
Maximise benefits for communities and businesses by ensuring regional
communities and local industry are prepared for industry growth and the
opportunities it will bring.
5. Cabinet noted the new Blueprint for the LNG industry for public release.
LNG Blueprint: Queensland’s LNG Industry – A once in a generation opportunity
for a generation of employment